service vehicle soon is on my dash
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, service vehicle soon is on my dash in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; the service vehicle soon is on my dash. my book says it has something to do with my emission control ...
    pcm
    pcm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1990 brougham

service vehicle soon is on my dash

the service vehicle soon is on my dash. my book says it has something to do with my emission control system so i changed the oxygen senser. i dont know how to reset it. so i dont know if that fixed the problem or not. it is a 1994 sedan devile with the 4.9 I've owned it for about 2 months now. I guess i should post some pix. it has 198,000 miles and still runs good.I also put a indash dvd\tv in the dash with 3 12" subs in the trunk. and some 18" alba rims.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

peteski is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 85 Eldo Biarritz

Re: service vehicle soon is on my dash

What do the codes indicate? If you don't know how to do that, there shoudl be sticky thread on top of this forum which shows you how dto do that.

Peteski

pcm
    pcm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1990 brougham

when i get the codes they are not the same as stickys codes. the codes are (p047histery/p091 current) then it changes to(a011 current/a011 current/a037 histery/a050 histery) then it changes to (i033 histery/i034 histery/i037histery/i039current/i052 histery. then it says no sir codes then it says pcm? i can change it from pcm? to ipc?/acp?/or sir? by using my high and low speeds on my climate control. what do u think i should do now the dealer will charge me $175.00 to plug it to thier computer.but i think i can fix it my self if i can figure out the codes.

peteski is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 85 Eldo Biarritz

I don't deal with those type of codes. My car has a simpler set of codes. But in either case, find descriptions of those codes and see if there is anythign in common between them. JUst do some simple troubleshooting and use some logic. If you're mechanically inclined I wouldn't take this car to the dealer just yet.

I'm sure others here (with cars newer than mine) will chime in and help.
    Peteski

kdcing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Eldorado, 4.9L, 200k miles

...looks like there was a loss of data on multiple systems...a gear selector issue is also in there. The 1st thing that comes to mind is a loss of power (i.e. battery disconnected for an extended period of time), but am uncertain if a disconnected battery would cause these types of codes.

Look here for codes:
    http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/dtcobd1.html

I would clear the codes and see if any come back. To clear codes, use the "fan up" button as a "Yes" and "fan down" as "No"....i.e. when you get to "PCM?" press "fan up" to indicate "yes, go into PCM"....then press "fan down" 'til you get to "Clear PCM Codes?"....press "fan up" to indicate "yes, clear codes".

Eldorado Man 9399 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 93 Eldo, 99 Eldo

I have the same problem (service engine soon) although mine does it internittently. I have a 93 Eldo with the northstar. It has 90,000 miles and all of a sudden I have the "service ride control" light coming on also. I did the diagnostics and here is what I came up with but I don't know what they mean.

PO 13 Right oxygen sensor not ready
    PO 42 Left oxygen sensor lean
    PO 44 Right oxygen sensor lean

No IPC
    No ACP
    No SIR
    No TCS

SO 11 Left front damper short to B+
    SO 16 Right front damper short to B+
    SO 21 Left rear damper solenoid valve short to ground (open)
    SO 26 Right rear damper solenoid valve short to ground (open)
    SO 30 ??

These are "History codes"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ron

HUF
    HUF is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FWB 100,*** miles CURRENT. 1991 Seville 175,000 SOLD

Too many codes... a clear indication something is wrong with battery/cables/contacts/grounds. Check them all up.

Thanks for the info. I checked the battery connections, contacts and grounds. Still the same thing. I've owned the car since 2000 and never had any problems with it. I really don't want to take it into the dealer and get hosed. Any other suggestions?

Ron

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado Man 9399 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I checked the battery connections, contacts and grounds. Still the same thing. I've owned the car since 2000 and never had any problems with it. I really don't want to take it into the dealer and get hosed. Any other suggestions?

Ron
    Take it into an independant shop and really get hosed.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

thanks for the help. I aopologize for posting this in the wrong section. I'll post it where it should be.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.