PCV valve location on 4.9 litre.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, PCV valve location on 4.9 litre. in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hi,we`d appreciate any info on the location of the PCV valve on the 4.9 litre. We tried finding other threads ...
    pompste is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 SEDAN DEVILLE-4.9 & 1978 SEDAN DEVILLE-425

PCV valve location on 4.9 litre.

Hi,we`d appreciate any info on the location of the PCV valve on the 4.9 litre.
    We tried finding other threads with a similiar question---but no luck.
    Thank you much.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kdcing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Eldorado, 4.9L, 200k miles

Re: PCV valve location on 4.9 litre.

....hmmm...I just incorrectly answered this question as recently as 2 weeks ago!

The correct answer is that the PCV valve is located in the valve cover nearest the front of the car (not in the valve cover near the firewall). There is a narrow plastic cover that needs to be remove to see the PCV....If I recall correctly, the cover is held by 1 hex head screw and it clips onto a small diameter pipe.

skor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1992 Seville

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so here are five pictures.

First remove the screw indicated by the green arrow.

Next, rotate the plastic cover in a counterclockwise direction until the clips underneath the cover disengage from the fuel rail.

Now pull the cover straight up.

These are clips that hold the cover to the fuel rail.

The location of the PCV and the fuel rail. Just reverse these steps to reassemble.

Thumbs up Re: PCV valve location on 4.9 litre.

Thanks much!,SKOR-----seeing the procedure in picture form really makes finding the PCV valve easier than words only.
    I will make copies for future reference.

HUF
    HUF is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FWB 100,*** miles CURRENT. 1991 Seville 175,000 SOLD

Skor,

Good pictures. The ISC motor is there too. Keep them.

Hi,after copying all the great pictures of the procedure,i lift up the hood of my '95 Deville 4.9 litre and to my amazement the plastic cover that needs to be removed IS`NT EVEN THERE AT ALL!
    I bought this caddy from my aunt last november and perhaps the mechanics that she always had service it may have forgot to put it back on or thought it was`nt needed.
    The good thing is it`s really easy to get at PCV valve----but i don`t like the fuel rails and ISC motor being exposed.

I`d like to put the proper plastic cover over these exposed parts.If anyone knows the CORRECT PART NAME for the plastic cover,please post it here.If i knew the name of it,i could locate one on e-bay or at a local gm parts store.

Thank you.

skor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1992 Seville

Quote Originally Posted by pompste View Post
    Hi,after copying all the great pictures of the procedure,i lift up the hood of my '95 Deville 4.9 litre and to my amazement the plastic cover that needs to be removed IS`NT EVEN THERE AT ALL!
    I bought this caddy from my aunt last november and perhaps the mechanics that she always had service it may have forgot to put it back on or thought it was`nt needed.
    The good thing is it`s really easy to get at PCV valve----but i don`t like the fuel rails and ISC motor being exposed.

I`d like to put the proper plastic cover over these exposed parts.If anyone knows the CORRECT PART NAME for the plastic cover,please post it here.If i knew the name of it,i could locate one on e-bay or at a local gm parts store.

Thank you.
    I'm not surprised. Mechanics hate beauty covers like that and tend to throw them away -- especially if the car is owned by a woman or a geezer, those type of owners never notice.

I doubt that this part is available from the dealer, and if even it were available, it would be stupid expensive. I really doubt you'll find this on eBay since there is probably zero demand for an item like this.

Your best bet would be a "U-Pull It" type junk yard -- $5 out the door, tops.

z06bigbird is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Sedan de Ville, CTS

If you really want to locate it at a dealer, parts rep can bring up an exploded picture, which will show part and part #.

I recently needed a special?? bolt for the front header (body part) on a LeSabre. Surprisingly, there was bolt and clip that I needed.

Admittedly, $3 for a bolt. But then I am paying for the future health care costs for everybody in Detroit and their brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, grandkids, adopted kids, etc. I am afraid to ask if the unions ever included health care for pets.

General_Motors_Fan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '93 Sedan DeVille (White), '93 Sedan DeVille (Burgundy)

Great pictures skor,

I'm about to change my PVC and I can see now that I would have never found it.

Thumbs up Re: PCV valve location on 4.9 litre.

Quote Originally Posted by z06bigbird View Post
    If you really want to locate it at a dealer, parts rep can bring up an exploded picture, which will show part and part #.

I recently needed a special?? bolt for the front header (body part) on a LeSabre. Surprisingly, there was bolt and clip that I needed.

Admittedly, $3 for a bolt. But then I am paying for the future health care costs for everybody in Detroit and their brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, grandkids, adopted kids, etc. I am afraid to ask if the unions ever included health care for pets.
    Hi,i followed your advice----i took a picture of the plastic shield to my local GM parts dealership.The correct name for the part is FUEL INJECTION SITE SHIELD.I was told the part has been discontinued but he found another manufacturer that has the part.Amazingly,the total cost plus shipping was just $19.00.
    While i was there i picked up a new PCV valve,new gas cap and new oil filler cap.The old gas cap and oil filler cap were looking aged after 12 years.
    I was surprised that all 4 of these parts (all ac/delco) except for the plastic shield,came to a total price of just $43.00-----I expected a much higher price coming from a GM STEALERSHIP!
    Thanks for the advice!

cknowlan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 93 Deville

I don't see the pictures

dennis93coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Coupe Deville 2006 XLR Infrared, Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by cknowlan View Post
    I don't see the pictures
    I see you are a first time poster. Will this work? Gently remove the PCV from the rubber elbow at the corner of the valve cover, they (rubber elbow) get hard and brittle.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.