More for the Premium 93 vs 89 Debate - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, More for the Premium 93 vs 89 Debate in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; haha Arkansas......
    LacSeville is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: More for the Premium 93 vs 89 Debate

haha Arkansas...

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

found a new grade of gas , you all should look into it ....

yesterday i was on the way to school , before passing the ususal gas station i checked my gallons and range , 6 gallons , 97 miles to empty ...ok

so i get to the same exact spot my car broken down 3 weeks ago (about 30 miles from the station ) and i get "fuel very low" and "lo" range and a falshing "e" i was in dainostic mode and had a stable 6 gallons beforei left my house , how could that be .

so i pull off at the first gas station i see (a circle k or 7-11 i think) at the pump i see 5 choices for fuel , i thought ok there should be 3 for gas and one for diesel , whats the other ? winter grade diesel ? NO it was 91 octaine they had 87,89,91,93 , i filled up with 91 octinae at 1.88 a gallon , no ping at all , even at WOT , i think im set now !!!

look into this guyws , i thionk the caddy will run ont he stuiff just fine !! and at 5 cents cheaper you cant go wrong

Edahall is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 93 & 88 Allante, 88 Eldorado

Over here in Southern California gas runs from $2.25 to $2.55 for premium. I run 87 in mine with the timing advanced 3 degrees and I don't get any pinging.

chuckdobbins is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97 deville

stoneage, funny you mention nearly running out of gas like that. my guages have also been known to jump around like that.

personally ive never seen this mysterious 91 octane. however, gas in my area is at (87)1.63, (89)1.73, and 1.83 for premium which is ok by me.

i very very rarely use anything other than 93 octane. but thats just me.

LacSeville is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

are you guys serious that you've never seen 91 octane? there must be sompthin i don't get. 91 is as common as roadkill here in Arkinsaw. usually 87,89, and 91 or 93. Half of the stations have 91 and half have 93. And then 2 grades of diesel... today 93 was 1.92, highest yet! i drive in a way that i run out of fuel on tuesdays!

El Dobro is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

If you ever check premium at Getty stations, it has a 92 octane rating.

If you think gas prices are bad, they're expecting milk to go up to $4.00/gallon soon. Gas is still cheap for what you get.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.