Ht4100 V8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, Ht4100 V8 in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hello It's me again: Got another question? What if any, other sizes of engines can match up with my car. ...
    manta54 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Ht4100 V8

Hello It's me again:

Got another question? What if any, other sizes of engines can match up
    with my car. I have a 4.1 v8 in a 1984 Eldorado with out to much conversion.
    Just maybe wishing, having a heck of a time trying to find a 4.1.
    My nephew told me any v8 would match my transmission. But I told him I don't think so. Is it because of that overdrive they have in it.

Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pkared is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 STS4

Re: Ht4100 V8

the problem is not the engine fit as all the stuff to make it run in the right tune. www.eldoradocountry.com has a detailed story of replaceing the 4.1 with a 350 olds and what it takes. In the process Cory tells all of most of the other engine swaps you can do(Olds 307, cady V8's from early eldos of same body style.) and what throttle levers, computer modules, etc. you need to make it work.

manta54 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thank you for the info, was just wondering. better stick with the 4.1 if I can find one or have mine rebuilt. Thru a rod bearing. Car I had before was the 1984 Buick Reveria with the 307. after 200,000+ miles started giving me all sort of troubles. then I got the eldo. Pretty good body on her still, new driveshafts, new rear calibars. so don't want to get rid of it.

wilsonwilson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1987 Seville

Quote Originally Posted by manta54 View Post
    Hello It's me again:

Got another question? What if any, other sizes of engines can match up
    with my car. I have a 4.1 v8 in a 1984 Eldorado with out to much conversion.
    Just maybe wishing, having a heck of a time trying to find a 4.1.
    My nephew told me any v8 would match my transmission. But I told him I don't think so. Is it because of that overdrive they have in it.

Thank you
    Here's a good URL for cross-index/reference

http://www.mypartshop.com/default.aspx

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

In that era the 4100 V/8 was standard, a 4.1 Buick V/6 was an option and a 350 diesel as well. The most popular is of course a 350 gas engine from a Buick along with ALL the parts from a diesel donor car!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.