Ht4100
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, Ht4100 in Cadillac Engine Discussion; I am thinking of using Royal Purple 20W40 (for diesel and Gasoline Engines), in my HT4100 - 87 Eldorado. Any ...
    globetrotter8888 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Ht4100

I am thinking of using Royal Purple 20W40 (for diesel and Gasoline Engines), in my HT4100 - 87 Eldorado.

Any comments?

Thanks
    GT8888

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

noahsdad is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 SDV

Re: Ht4100

Stand back. Oil questions on this forum = burning match + puddle of gasoline. Lots of strong opinions.

But here goes. I'm not famiilar enough with Royal Purple to comment on it, however I can tell you this: I switched my HT-4100 '87 DeVille to Amsoil synthetic 10W-30 ASM two years ago, and send oil samples to Blackstone Laboratories for analysis at each change.

I change my oil twice a year, usually 3500 to 4 thousand mile intervals. The wear metals content is now 62% lower than the universal averages for engines of this type. I did get a small bump in aluminum and iron on the last test, but it may be because I took the sample from the filter instead of the drain stream. The TBN of the Amsoil was very high, almost new, even after 7 months in the crankcase. The oil lab has recommended I extend my drain interval to 4500 miles.

This isn't a pitch for Amsoil. I don't sell it, or cheerlead for them (at least not here). Just my experience. My point is, if you want to experiment with a product, don't be afraid - just follow Ronald Reagan's advice: Trust but verify.

C66 Racing is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V (sold)

Here's the oil to which Noahsdad is referring:
    AMSOIL SAE Synthetic 10w30

And this is an example of what he's learned from his used oil analysis (this one from a customer of mine with a Corvette):
    Corvette C5 Used Oil Analysis Report – AMSOIL SAE Synthetic 10w30

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

peteski is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 85 Eldo Biarritz

Here we go again....

I recommend "Sliski 45W50". Oil manufactured from a rare Polish crude found only in a small area in the Tatra mountain range. 100% natural and organically mined. No artificial (synthetic) indgredients

Peteski

globetrotter8888 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks for the info. I got my answer

GT8888

8. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.