Ok ive given up on this engine. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, Ok ive given up on this engine. in Cadillac Engine Discussion; Does a reman distributer come with a new cap and coil? It does sound like you have replaced everything in ...
    cadillac_al is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 70 Deville 77 Fleet 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville

Re: Ok ive given up on this engine.

Does a reman distributer come with a new cap and coil? It does sound like you have replaced everything in the ignition except I haven't heard mention of a new coil yet. I'm surprised it doesn't generate some kind of code though. Like someone else said, If it runs fine for a while then you don't need a new engine. I'm sure you are pretty close to solving it. Good luck.

Callidac der is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1992 DeVille

Caddilac Dealer wants over $60 an hour to "fiddle with" an OLD Cadillac and it needed a tune up anyway. As for cheap $2 plugs , please send me $100 worth as they are $11 each here for the AC plugs. Coil has been replaced as well. I havent had a chance to get back to the car to go over all the grounds but I did look at the ground near the starter. Is this the main ground cable that goes to the battery or am I looking in the wrong place? Firing order hasnt changed for GM V8s since hmmmmm well since Chevy introduced the 8 in the 50s. 18436572 is ingrained in my memory and we also have 2 other gm 8 cyls with the same order but I will check again.

Thanks, Chris

illumina is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!

$10 say if you pull the valve covers off, you will notice that a rocker arm has sliiped or broken from its pivot arm. That just might be your problem...

4. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

lenny lincoln is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

before I paid anyone to turn wrenches on my car I would be stripping the valve covers off to . I would want to make sure its nothing I couldnt fix myself.

6. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.