A little help needed identifying a loose connector
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, A little help needed identifying a loose connector in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hi Hoping someone could help me identify a loose connector (underhood) and where it goes to on my 93 Deville,4.9. ...
    zentrade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 1993 Deville 4.9, 1991 Eldorado Touring Coupe

A little help needed identifying a loose connector

Hi
    Hoping someone could help me identify a loose connector (underhood) and where it goes to on my 93 Deville,4.9.

Finally had some time today to look at why my idle has been batty (which included the car stalling once at a stoplight and the throttle staying open at 50 MPH at one time)

I have an E27 code, Says open throttle switch.

Ok so i focus on the Throttle Position Sensor and while reading the Haynes book, Realize i will need a voltmeter to test it so i get set to go get one as i dont own one.

Went to take a look first to see if if maybe some connection was loose or dirty which may cause the problem.

Seems like connection and connectors or ok but when tracing back the connection from the TPS to the harness where the TPS is plugged into, I found a connector (seemingly at this time not related) unplugged with the connector with whatever it was plugged into at one time also attached to the connector wires. Meaning the whole connection pulled out.

Its a green connector...Im looking under the hood everywhere and cant find what it was connected to. Wires are not long meaning it has to be right around where i found it but i can see nothing. Wondering if it does have something to do with TPS now.

Anyhow, Its a green connector coming from same bundle of wires TPS (and a few other under hood components connected to)

Anyone know what this could be? I really need to know! This could be why i have an E27 problem.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

NickySantoro is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Eldo 4.9 66K miles

Re: A little help needed identifying a loose connector

If it's the one by the alternator, it is just a connection to ground the alternator when doing a specific test, which one I forget as I've done so many.

zentrade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 1993 Deville 4.9, 1991 Eldorado Touring Coupe

Re: A little help needed identifying a loose connector

Thanks for reply! I was reading further into my repair manual and to set the minimum idle it mentions this connector (light green) . It says its for disabling the charging system by grounding it. IF this is the same green connector lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.