ht4100 engine cleanup. how to?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, ht4100 engine cleanup. how to? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; i have a quick question, my ht4100 needs a cleanup, a few years of oil dust and grease, how should ...
    jetengine is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

ht4100 engine cleanup. how to?

i have a quick question, my ht4100 needs a cleanup, a few years of oil dust and grease, how should i go about cleaning it, what product should i use, and how often is it good to clean it, thanks mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

fifty9singlecab is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: ht4100 engine cleanup. how to?

Mike, I usually will drive my car around and let the motor get hot and then spray gunk brand engine cleaner on the motor with the engine off, and let it set for a few minutes, then start the engine and spray it off. Try not to spray water directly on the distributer. Then drive it around for a while and dry the engine out. Then I will spray the foam type armor all (I use STP tire shine in the yellow can) all under the hood, then drive it some more and it dries and looks nice and clean. Oh and also use the spray type engine cleaner (not foam) you can buy both foam and stream. Also another good thing to use for shine is pam non stick oven spray.

gta3mobster is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1990 Deville Sedan

Re: ht4100 engine cleanup. how to?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...t=simple+green

My accessory belt is wearing out like crazy, so it's shooting black crap all over the pulley side of the engine. I take rags that can be thrown away and that helps tons.

In addition to reading the link above, I have some suggestions. Spray the engine down with the simple green, let it soak for abit, and scrub it down. Get some disposable rags and wipe it down before rinsing. I recommend Brawny Shopmaster rags - They are very strong. This will remove a lot more grease verses just trying to rinse it off. Grease repels water, whereas rags will pick the grease up.

Kinda like if your hands are really dirty. You can use regular bar soap and get results as good as Goop. Just lather up your hands and use rags to dry them off (dont rinse them).

A great trick my kindergarten art teacher taught me

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.