HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, 4.9 Squeaking at Idle in Cadillac Engine Discussion; My 93 Deville has 95k on it. Whenever I am idling I hear a intermitent, continuous squeak. Its not the ...
- 04-02-07 09:13 AM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 93' Deville
- Join Date
- Nov 2003
- Pontiac, Michigan
4.9 Squeaking at Idle
My 93 Deville has 95k on it. Whenever I am idling I hear a intermitent, continuous squeak. Its not the belt because I have changed it and it has no rips,tears, or stress cracks. Any ideas?
- 04-03-07 06:28 PM #2Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
- Automobile(s): 76 Eldo (54k), 76 Eldo (52k), 78 Eldo (9k), 85 Deville (43k)
- Join Date
- Jun 2005
Re: 4.9 Squeaking at Idle
Probably the belt tensioner.
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PowerTorque Tools - Stubby Star Bits Socket Set
Stubby Star Bits Socket Set - 10 Piece; 1/4" & 3/8" Drive; Star Stubby Bit Socket Set; Contains: 1/4" Drive: T-10, T-15, T-20, T-25, T-27 & T-30,3/8" Drive: T-40, T-45,T-47 & T-50
- PowerTorque Tools - Flare Nut Wrench Set
Flare Nut Wrench Set - 3 Piece; Metric; Includes: 10mm X 11mm, 12mm X 13mm & 15mm X 17mm
- PowerTorque Tools - Pliers
Pliers - 5 Inch; LockMore on PowerTorque Tools - Pliers