Performance Muffler - Ideas? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
HT4100 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 Discussion, Performance Muffler - Ideas? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Yea, that would be great if you could post some pics of the install....
    Msilva954 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 92 Deville

Re: Performance Muffler - Ideas?

Yea, that would be great if you could post some pics of the install.

90devilleguy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 SLS & 1962 Coupe Deville

Quote Originally Posted by Msilva954
    Wow that exhaust sounds great, I really love those tips too. Is there a website that shows chrome tips? Does anyone know where you can get gold tips (they go with my car).
    they sell them at a autopart store up here in massachusetts.i'm sure that you could get some online somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by 90devilleguy
    they sell them at a autopart store up here in massachusetts.i'm sure that you could get some online somewhere.
    here's some sites that have gold plated exhaust tips

http://www.westcoastcorvette.com/sho...il.cfm?id=1486

http://www.protriminc.com/LP.html

http://www.qualitysmart.com/products...haust_tips.htm

Those Corsa's look great. Do you think the deville would look good with a Quad set up like the new devilles or the corvette? I gota try something like that in photoshop when I have the time. The 1st on the last link look great too, I just wanna get the ugly rust pipe that hangs now off and put a nice gold one on.

Those Corsa's look great. Do you think the deville would look good with a Quad set up like the new devilles or the corvette? I gota try something like that in photoshop when I have the time. The 1st on the last link look great too, I just wanna get the ugly rust pipe that hangs now off and put a nice gold one on.
    i've seen a deville like ours with quad tips i don't like it at all two single tips on each side of the bumper look much better. i also have seen a deville like our with 2 of those rice mufflers the point up as a quad set up,it was horrific!!!

Yea, I think the quad may be too modern for this car, but if I do the dual on each side it would definently look like those corsas. Though it wouldnt be true dual right?

Yea, I think the quad may be too modern for this car, but if I do the dual on each side it would definently look like those corsas. Though it wouldnt be true dual right?
    who cares if it's true dual or not people think that it IS true dual from the sound that my exhuast produces even though i know it's a camaro style muffler.

Yea, how much better is that exhaust POWER wise when compared to the stock, can you feel any diffrence at all or is it just all sound?

Yea, how much better is that exhaust POWER wise when compared to the stock, can you feel any diffrence at all or is it just all sound?
    there is a very little difference the car's exhaust creates now then the stock did. really the on thing that it does is make it louder, also then again my car is a 4.5 and you have a 4.9 the 4.9 sounds and has alot more torque then my car does. if anything i gained 5-8 hp with a new high flow cat maybe another 2 hp that's it, with a 4.9 it might be more noticeable, give it a try, just one thing if you go with something like my exhaust you will set off many car alarms.

This summer ill definently do it, but im searching for the quietest exhaust I can, I just want it more free flowing w/ dual gold pipes.

Edahall is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 93 & 88 Allante, 88 Eldorado

This summer ill definently do it, but im searching for the quietest exhaust I can, I just want it more free flowing w/ dual gold pipes.
    I too was looking for a quiet muffler and was free flowing. For a baffle type muffler I don't think you'll find anything much quieter than a Flowmaster 50 DeltaFlow. What's really nice, inside the car under normal driving you will not be able to tell a difference between stock. When you get on it, it is not much louder than stock, but it has the "flowmaster tone". This muffler is also sold with dual outlets for what you want to do.
    For more information:
    http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/cg...ml?id=FPQkvRYq

I think that flowmaster deltaflow 50 series is what im looking for. Id go with the single in and dual out, but what should the out size be? What is stock? I was thinking the flowmaster would be the 2.50" one is stock 2.25?

Edahall is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 93 & 88 Allante, 88 Eldorado

On mine, it was 2 1/2" in and 2 1/4" out. The flowmaster I bought I believe was 2 1/2" both in and out and I used an adapter to neck it down.

I think that flowmaster deltaflow 50 series is what im looking for. Id go with the single in and dual out, but what should the out size be? What is stock? I was thinking the flowmaster would be the 2.50" one is stock 2.25?
    flowmaster doesn't make a 50 series muffler for our caddies dude. if you want a muffler that replaces the stock caddy muffler on ours you have to go with a 80 series flowmaster which is called a crossflow type i.e. camaro style. if you are considering to get a flowmaster and you turn out going with the 80 series they aren't very quiet there louder than my edelbrock so your best bet would be to get a magnaflow or a dynomax muffler which i'm pretty sure that both of these companies have a camaro style muffler if you really want the quieter muffler.

Im pretty sure the flowmaster 50series is adaptable, they make two models w/ the dual outlet. One with a center inlet and one with the inlet on the bottom. There is definently a way to fit it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.