search feature not working in this forum??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kingoftypos
Help Desk - Site News and Site Problems ONLY Discussion, search feature not working in this forum?? in Registration Problems/Site Related Issues; anyone else experience this? has not worked for me for quite some time...
    Ran-Dom32 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

search feature not working in this forum??

anyone else experience this? has not worked for me for quite some time

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Re: search feature not working in this forum??

Yeah you're not the only one. Try going to www.google.com and put in the following search terms: www.cadillacforums.com + "the subject you're searching for."

In your subject you can search a username + a subject, or just a subject. You'll get what you're searching for faster that way.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Can admin not send out an email letting everyone know that this problem is being looked into, do these threads stop popping up?

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
    Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage
    Can admin not send out an email letting everyone know that this problem is being looked into, do these threads stop popping up?
    The search feature and mass email feature are both on the malfunction list.

Thank you for your idea,

Admin

Lol, just thought it was funny.

KOT
    Rolex likes this.

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Looked into? I've been here for 10 years and the search function has always blown.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Hmm, It's always worked since I've been a member until a few weeks ago.

Google still works better anyway IMHO.

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Wait, what is wrong with the search in here?

For me I couldn't search for a member's post. But now I can, and I can also search for threads.

So what's the problem?

KOT

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, slap in a big stereo
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Kingoftypos View Post
    So what's the problem?
    If you would go back two or three weeks in these Administrative forums you might learn that the Past Threads and Past Posts search features, in both username profile searches and in the forums search engine, have been "broken". Site tech has been looking for a glitch in the basic software. Maybe they have found it, maybe not. We will all be notified of the search engine status by a new post or thread in these Help Desk forums.

For starters, go back to the three or so threads next to this one - depending on how you have your threads view preferences set up you'll see others close by with the word "search" in the title.

admin is offline Administrator

Hey Guys,

Like Submariner said, there is a glitch in the V Bulletin forum software for VB 4 sites right now. It is affecting the search function of the forum so some threads will not come up when you use the search. As well if you go and search a users post statistics it maybe frozen on a date and will not show any posts created past that date.

Our Techs are looking into the issue and hope to find a solid resolve for it. The last fix that we applied did not hold and the issue is back. In the meantime try using the Google Search bar.

Thanks

~ DM, Community Support

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

So, how are we coming on getting this fixed? It's been about 2 months now. The Google search bar is nice and all, but it doesn't have some of the forum-specific search filters that VBulletin provides.

Have you figured out which forums are affected and which aren't? Perhaps based on that bit of knowledge you can figure out how to fix the problem? For instance, if I search for posts I've made I don't get any search results in the CTS-V forums (despite making thousands of posts there), but I do get results in the 2003-2007 CTS forum.

If I search for a nice, generic term like "wheels" (a term that has probably been used in every forum), I can get results from some of the forums but not others. Why is that?
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

admin is offline Administrator

I have reported the issue back to the Techs and let them know the issue is only getting worse on the forum. I am sorry this issue has been on going for so long. Hopefully the techs can get it fixed soon.

~ dm, community support

dominicblake is offline Cadillac Owners Member

If I try to enter any information at this point nothing happens. Entering the fields and clicking it just sits on this screen until I refresh the page. I have found a temporary solution by hard coding the link, but the users of our wordpress site that create the new posts are not big fans of this solution. I have already disabled all my plugins and still experience this issue. I have tried searching for similar issues on the forums and haven't found anything that has solved this issue, assistance on this problem would be great. Thank you!

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, slap in a big stereo
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Several other threads on this problem - close to this thread. They'll figure it out someday. In the meantime we're all crippled.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.