My Classifieds ad did not get transferred from the old to the new listings
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Help Desk - Site News and Site Problems ONLY Discussion, My Classifieds ad did not get transferred from the old to the new listings in Registration Problems/Site Related Issues; I have a listing on the original Classifieds Seville board for my 2003 STS but for some strange reason it ...
    bwv565 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Ford Mustang, 2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata GT

Question My Classifieds ad did not get transferred from the old to the new listings

I have a listing on the original Classifieds Seville board for my 2003 STS but for some strange reason it does not appear in the new formatted-listings. Can you please move it there as well?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadill...-2003-sts.html

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Re: My Classifieds ad did not get transferred from the old to the new listings

He PMed me earlier. I suggested he post in Help Desk. He seems to either think (and maybe its true) that ads in one format of calssifieds are automatically generated/duplicated in the newer classifieds OR that he posted in both and one dissapeared. It wasn't that clear which he was saying.

No it looks like the new format contains all the older listings from the Seville classifieds, but mine doesn't seem to be there. That's what I was asking. I thought it was pretty clear.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, slap in a big stereo
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

HD - The first post was sent down to Admin for action.

Submariner, does that mean it will be added to the new format? I was specifically advised by Hoosier Daddy to post in the Help Desk.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    He PMed me earlier. I suggested he post in Help Desk. He seems to either think (and maybe its true) that ads in one format of calssifieds are automatically generated/duplicated in the newer classifieds OR that he posted in both and one dissapeared. It wasn't that clear which he was saying.
    Not entirely true. I sent you a follow-up message indicating that I had posted in the old format and that I did not see the listing in the new format that you highlighted at the top of the Classifieds section.

Quote Originally Posted by bwv565 View Post
    Submariner, does that mean it will be added to the new format?
    I have no idea - the ad, the post, and the thread are now in the hands of the site IT crew. They pull the big levers; we punch the small buttons.

Hopefully it was a system glitch. Seems like all the older ads made it to the new format, which, btw, is much better.

admin is offline Administrator

I have a listing on the original Classifieds Seville board for my 2003 STS but for some strange reason it does not appear in the new formatted-listings. Can you please move it there as well?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadill...-2003-sts.html

Thanks.
    Hello,

Are you still having an issue with your ad? I just checked out the link (http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadill...-2003-sts.html) and it looked like the other Ads but to be fair I am not sure how to old style looked.

Let me know if it is still an issue. If it is I will get the techs to correct it.

Thanks

- dm, community support

Hi 'dm', thanks for the respectful reply. Yes that link above is still there, but apparently you are promoting the new look and feel of the classifieds listings. In that section, I do not see the ad that I'm talking about, however I see what appears to be every other one. It's not a huge issue because I had no inquiries but I wanted to see if it was a result of a system glitch that mine was skipped over.

admin is offline Administrator

Can you send me a link to this new classified? So I can see what the difference is. I'm going to PM submarine about this and see if he can help me out.

- dm

No, sorry I mean the ad in the link above is the original ad that I posted in May in the "old" classifieds look and feel. When I click the link at the top of the Classifieds page advising us to look at the new format, and I look at the listings for Sevilles, I do not see the original ad, even though other ads from the original format are there. Truly, it's not worth pursuing this any further, for as I mentioned I didn't get any calls on the original one, but thought perhaps it was just an easy fix. Thanks for trying. No need to contact Submariner.

He already knows about the posts and the apparent problems with your classified ad - which is why you received a reply from CF Admin in the first place.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

I have a listing on the original Classifieds Seville board for my 2003 STS but for some strange reason it does not appear in the new formatted-listings.
    The "strange reason" is that the ads in the old Classifieds have never been automatically regenerated in the new Classifieds. (BTW, the "new" Classifieds are actually over 2 years old.)

See this thread, in which I bitched about the format of the original Classifieds, which use the Photopost software. (Unfortunately, I've cleared out all the images I had posted in that thread, and I don't have them saved anywhere.) Lord Cadillac created the new Classifieds, which are a regular vBulletin forum style, in August 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    He PMed me earlier. I suggested he post in Help Desk. He seems to either think (and maybe its true) that ads in one format of classifieds are automatically generated/duplicated in the newer classifieds ...
    In that thread I linked above, note that Lord Cadillac said the two Classified systems would both remain, and folks could post in whichever they felt more comfortable posting in. I suggested that going to only the "new" style was the more prudent way to set them up, but (as far as I can tell) that was never followed up on.

No it looks like the new format contains all the older listings from the Seville classifieds, but mine doesn't seem to be there. That's what I was asking. I thought it was pretty clear.
    I'm not sure what leads you to believe that other ads have been transferred over. Of the 4 ads (2 posted before and 2 posted after) on either side of your ad in the old forum, only 1 (the one by "crezzy2k1") is in the new forum, too. It's clearly not the same ad automatically regenerated into the new system, as the wording is completely different. There are 130 ads in the old Seville forum, and only 77 threads in the new Seville forum.

Long story short, if you want your ad in the new style format, you'll have to post it there yourself.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.