Delete private messages
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Help Desk - Site News and Site Problems ONLY Discussion, Delete private messages in Registration Problems/Site Related Issues; I how I delete my privte mssgr....
    grullon10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 cadillac dts

Delete private messages

I how I delete my privte mssgr.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: delete

??? Click "notifications" - up comes the INBOX tab. Click on that, look at what you want to delete, open it and use the "delete this message" down below. Then click SENT MESAGES and go through them the same way.

"Notifications" - up there ^^^ in the dark blue/gray bar.

Could it be done from the android app

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Don't know. It can be done on the iPhone app.

Thanks everyone. Rightnow I don't have a house computer. What I did I used my kid naby is like a kindle went into the main wed page and did it though there.

Ps does the android app work with amazon android system.

admin is offline Administrator

The app should work on all android phones.

-dm, community support

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Can we define "the app" here? Meaning what app is being used? There is the CadillacForums app that is built solely for CFs. Then there are the other apps, such as AutoGuide app and what not.

I know on the CadillacForums app on iPhone, you can simply swipe the message topic and a "Delete" button appears. Press that and the message is deleted, or a "Are you sure" comes up then press "Yes" or "No".

KOT

Re: Delete private messages

All the apps are the same since they all run on the same interface. Really the only difference you would see would be a bit of Layout/Function difference between Iphone and Andriod versions. I did not know you had a specific app set up for your forum ( Only a few of our forums do. This is the second one I have found) but it should function like the AG app. Deleting PM's on the AG IPhone app is the same as on the CF app. Swipe the message and you get the red delete alert then follow the prompts given.

To delete PM's on your Android app just hold down the message until the app prompts you. In this prompt it will give you the option to Reply, Flag, or Delete. Select Delete, it will ask are you sure? yes. Bye Bye PM

I hope this helped.

- dm, community support

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    All the apps are the same since they all run on the same interface. Really the only difference you would see would be a bit of Layout/Function difference between Iphone and Andriod versions. I did not know you had a specific app set up for your forum ( Only a few of our forums do. This is the second one I have found) but it should function like the AG app. Deleting PM's on the AG IPhone app is the same as on the CF app. Swipe the message and you get the red delete alert then follow the prompts given.

To delete PM's on your Android app just hold down the message until the app prompts you. In this prompt it will give you the option to Reply, Flag, or Delete. Select Delete, it will ask are you sure? yes. Bye Bye PM

I hope this helped.

- dm, community support
    Yes we do, it was put out in late 2011, early 2012.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cadi...488277096?mt=8

I do have a request though. Can it be updated to use the iPhone 5's larger screen?

KOT

Quote Originally Posted by Kingoftypos View Post
    Yes we do, it was put out in late 2011, early 2012.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cadi...488277096?mt=8

I do have a request though. Can it be updated to use the iPhone 5's larger screen?

KOT
    The app should work with adjust inself to fit the screen of the Iphone 5. That being said I don't think this ap has been updated since before the release of the 5. Does it look off on the IPhone 5 screen? Could you post a screenshot of what it looks like for you.

- dm, community support

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    The app should work with adjust inself to fit the screen of the Iphone 5. That being said I don't think this ap has been updated since before the release of the 5. Does it look off on the IPhone 5 screen? Could you post a screenshot of what it looks like for you.

- dm, community support
    Sure, see the blank spaces above and below? Apple did that until the app's creatures were able to update the app to fill the space. It squeezes everything in. Including the phone's icons, such as signal strength, battery life and what not.

I can't adjust it on an iPhone 5 like I can on my girl friend's iPad, with 2X zoom.

KOT

Editted.

Kot,

I looked into this a little bit deeper and from our end there is nothing that we can do to resolve this issue.

The Cadillac forum app was last updated on May 25th 2012 and was created by Sal Colascione III. Cadillac Forum was acquired by Verticalscope on June 3rd 2012. We have no access to this app since it was not created by us. This could also be why there has been no update on the app.

Your best bet would be to download the AutoGuide app. It works perfectly for the IPhone 5 and it updated often.

- dm, community support

Ok thanks, I grew accustom to the CF app and like it better than the AG. Which I do have. The main thing that I like about the CF app is the fact that when I am on the main screen for a forum. It shows the first unread message. Where as AG always shows the first posting.

The following screen shots are on the same forum with the same topics. See each topic has a different posting visual? I like CF better than the AG in that aspect.

Changing different settings in AG has no affect on this.

KOT

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.