Gallery error message help...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Help Desk - Site News and Site Problems ONLY Discussion, Gallery error message help... in Registration Problems/Site Related Issues; Hi, I posted some starter pictures to a gallery in my profile today. When I click on any picture (which ...
    Driver-8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1979 Seville, 1999 Jeep GC Ltd

Gallery error message help...

Hi, I posted some starter pictures to a gallery in my profile today. When I click on any picture (which all uploaded great), I get the following error message>> "Invalid Picture specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Can anyone help me to understand what to do about this?

Also, is it best for me to load pictures this way for other members to view, or should I just create a post in a given forum and upload the pics there as I progress with the car?

Thanks much, in advance, for any help on this. Mark~

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Gallery error message help...

I normally keep digital pictures and diagrams, resized to less than 800 X 800, in a folder I named "CF resizes". I click them to upload to posts on different advice. For "albums" I use the Community tab, Albums, for a 'gallery'. In any event, our total on-site storage is limited to 20 mb, so after a few months or so of posting pictures I have to go back and delete from dead threads in order to move forward. Other members use an online picture management site and upload directly from there.

Members in the engine rebuild forums most often use the "post as you go" method, with text.

Your 7 pictures in your profile album work just fine for me............... try going to the Community tab and find your album there.

admin is offline Administrator

hey Drive-8 I reported the issue with your gallery. I'm not sure what is causing it to do this. Could you try creating another album (it can be exactly the same as the one with the error) so we can see if it is just an issue with the album or with your account.

Submariner, did you click on the photos and not get errors?

- dm, community support

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
    I too can see the pictures. No errors either. Not sure if it matters, but I am on the CadillacForum app on an iPhone.

I do know when some members post pictures in a thread. They could come up with a "Connection Error". But still display the picture, go figure. But I don't know where that picture came from. CF photo album, Facebook, photobucket or else where.

KOT

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Submariner, did you click on the photos and not get errors?
    Post #2 - No problems with his album pictures here - laptop computer, Windows XP/SP3, DSL, Firefox, Trend Micro Internet Security.

Now this is interesting. I am receiving this message...

vBulletin Message
    Invalid Picture specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

IMPORTANT: If you received this message immediately after posting, there's a good chance your message was flagged as spam. Please see the following link for more information in regards.
    Click here

Oh Mac OS 10.8.4 (everything updated) using Safari. Same if I use Chrome and Firefox. Opened up Windows 7 via VMware, allows me to run Windows with Mac, and still has the same issue. Even when I open up XP with IE 8 (wow, forgot how slow that was).

What is interesting to me is that all the above testing. Driver-8's little golden Cadillac emblem disappears once I sign in.
    Driver-8's icon missing.pngDriver-8's icon.png

I can still view them on the CF app via my iPhone at this time with no problems either. Using the same iPhone but using the built in Safari I would receive the error above in bold.

KOT

I just tested the gallery on Chrome and I am getting the same error. I'm going to report this to the techs. Thanks for all your help KOT : )

- dm, community support

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I just tested the gallery on Chrome and I am getting the same error. I'm going to report this to the techs. Thanks for all your help KOT : )

- dm, community support
    Not a problem. I don't know if this would help them at all. But the thread "Got pictures of your dog?" started by "orconn" on 02-10-2013 has the same problem for their picture that they attached to that message.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post3219311

KOT

Hey Driver-8

You're gallery issue is now resolved : )

- dm, community support

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.