Tapatalk API out of date
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Help Desk - Site News and Site Problems ONLY Discussion, Tapatalk API out of date in Registration Problems/Site Related Issues; I just updated tapatalk and it states the API has expired....
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Tapatalk API out of date

I just updated tapatalk and it states the API has expired.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Tapatalk API out of date

CadillacForums is dropping support for Tapatalk and is switching exclusively to the AG app for mobile platforms. Admin will soon post a notice, I assume.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409 View Post
    CadillacForums is dropping support for Tapatalk and is switching exclusively to the AG app for mobile platforms. Admin will soon post a notice, I assume.
    If they are smart, they won't do that until the AG app supports Windows 8 phones. Not all members add the same value to the forums so it's not a good idea to alienate the leading edge types.

Bad timing. Especially now that tapatalk for windows phone was finally released.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    Bad timing. Especially now that tapatalk for windows phone was finally released.
    Exactly. I've been tolerating the wait for either TapaTalk or the AG app. Its one thing to be slow to the game but its an entirely different thing to intentionally pull the rug out from under your customers. If AutoGuide pulls the plug on Tapatalk before releasing a version of their app that works on modern phone's, I won't be posting anymore and will only stop by to read maybe once a week instead of several times a day. I probably should be talking to their Premium Vendors about this.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

the forum still seems to work just fine with the API expired

will it eventually just not work? or will it just continue to give the warning that the API is expired?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

don't know

admin is offline Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Exactly. I've been tolerating the wait for either TapaTalk or the AG app. Its one thing to be slow to the game but its an entirely different thing to intentionally pull the rug out from under your customers. If AutoGuide pulls the plug on Tapatalk before releasing a version of their app that works on modern phone's, I won't be posting anymore and will only stop by to read maybe once a week instead of several times a day. I probably should be talking to their Premium Vendors about this.
    Hi there, I appreciate your feedback and concerns but this decision is being implemented across the whole AutoGuide.com network in order to provide greater support for our app users.

Since we don't have full tech access to the Tapatalk platform, we experienced trouble and delay with troubleshooting and providing support to our users when using Tapatalk. With Tapatalk being pulled away, we would definitely never take it away without offering an alternative, which comes in a free and paid version. A new update of the AutoGuide app also just came out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    the forum still seems to work just fine with the API expired

will it eventually just not work? or will it just continue to give the warning that the API is expired?
    Tapatalk should stop functioning early next week.

Regards,
    CG - Community Support

so is there or is there not an app for windows phone?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    With Tapatalk being pulled away, we would definitely never take it away without offering an alternative, which comes in a free and paid version. A new update of the AutoGuide app also just came out as well.
    So when can we get the AG AP for Windows phone 8 you just promised would be available before Tapatalk is pulled?

I hate to say it, but this is why I bailed on WP. There is just no love for the platform. And I don't see any on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    I hate to say it, but this is why I bailed on WP. There is just no love for the platform. And I don't see any on the horizon.
    It sounds like you are saying Admin was lying about having an AG WP AP before they pull the plug on Tapatalk. Please clarify.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    so is there or is there not an app for windows phone?
    Admin posted they will NOT pull the plug on Tapatalk until there is a WP AG AP (quote: With Tapatalk being pulled away, we would definitely never take it away without offering an alternative). Then he goes on to say that Tapatalk goes away next week.

Then JimmyH seems to be calling BS on him/her.

I'm confused. I need to know when (today, tomorrow, Saturday or what day next week) I can download the AG WP AP Admin promises will be available by the time Tapatalk dies. I hope its not the same day Tapatalk goes away so we can compare both.

Since the WP AG AP is just hours or days from release, it may be too late to get in on the beta, but I would like to if its still open.

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
    What is WP AG AP?

KOT

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    With Tapatalk being pulled away, we would definitely never take it away without offering an alternative, which comes in a free and paid version. A new update of the AutoGuide app also just came out as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Admin posted they will NOT pull the plug on Tapatalk until there is a WP AG AP.
    read what admin said again... there is no mention of a WinPhone AG app ... just that they have their own app to use instead of the Tapatalk app ... no mention of platforms

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingoftypos
    What is WP AG AP?

KOT
    Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept

read what admin said again... there is no mention of a WinPhone AG app ... just that they have their own app to use instead of the Tapatalk app ... no mention of platforms
    Ok, Windows Phone Auto Guide APp. Got it, lol.

Nevertheless, in my thread I mentioned that I might go back to the Cadillac App. Well needless to say, I did. The AG just sucks in general.

I don't like tags, like dealerships putting their badge on my cars. That goes with apps, one of my posts that I made via the AG app. It actually posted a signature "posted using AutoGuide's app." Really?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingoftypos
    Even though I am on an iPhone, I still Reinstalled the AG app. There was no change.

KOT

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    KOT

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.