Tapatalk API out of date - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Help Desk - Site News and Site Problems ONLY Discussion, Tapatalk API out of date in Registration Problems/Site Related Issues; the tapatalk app does the same thing with a post signature (but you could turn it off... does the AG ...
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Tapatalk API out of date

the tapatalk app does the same thing with a post signature (but you could turn it off... does the AG app not have that setting/feature?)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
    Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    the tapatalk app does the same thing with a post signature (but you could turn it off... does the AG app not have that setting/feature?)
    I believe that I found it on the main page. I am on the AG right now. So lets see if it appears or not...

KOT

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

ok looks good

it would be very uncommon for an app like this to not have the ability to turn off (or customize) the signature
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    read what admin said again... there is no mention of a WinPhone AG app ... just that they have their own app to use instead of the Tapatalk app ... no mention of platforms
    With all due respect, (s)he was answering my post which was only about a Windows phone version. And even if (s)he wasn't, (s)he said: we would definitely never take it (tapitalk) away without offering an alternative. That is not out of any context. As one of the millions of Windows Phone users, I am asking where is that alternative (s)he committed to? I suppose "pounding sand" IS a kind of alternative and if that was his/her meaning I apologize for misunderstanding and amend my question to: will Auto Guide be providing the sand for us to pound?

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kingoftypos View Post
    I don't like tags, like dealerships putting their badge on my cars. That goes with apps, one of my posts that I made via the AG app. It actually posted a signature "posted using AutoGuide's app." Really?!?!
    Does the paid version let you turn that off?

PontiacV8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS, Sold: 1997 Cadillac Seville STS (EXP)
    ...paid version...yes...

...free version....don't know...

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
    Quote Originally Posted by PontiacV8
    ...paid version...yes...

...free version....don't know...
    Yes, the free version of AG let's you turn the signature off as well. I went with free to test it out. So far, I am glad I did not pay.

KOT

PontiacV8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS, Sold: 1997 Cadillac Seville STS (EXP)

...glad I paid...don't like ads...

quote:
    The functionality of the free vs. paid app is the same; however, the major difference between the two is the presence of the advertisements, or absence thereof, respectively.

...atm...AG app works...but...still looking and "waiting" for bugs....

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    I didn't bail on windows phone because of autoguide. And I am not calling bs on anyone. Not even because the lack of apps. I bailed because the apps that are there suck. Microsoft is not compelling developers enough and they are half assing it. If ms wants windows phone to take off they need to accept that they need to catch up and they need to make the apis better and more accesible.

The reason ios apps are superior to wp and android is simple; apple makes it stupid easy to create and publish them.

I might think it's a mistake for autoguide to bail on tapatalk but I understand it. Just as I understand why they don't want to deal with windows phone.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.