Spam emails from classified threads
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Help Desk - Site News and Site Problems ONLY Discussion, Spam emails from classified threads in Registration Problems/Site Related Issues; So I had a set of taillights that I list FS in the old & new classified sections labout 2 ...
    sfv41901 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

Spam emails from classified threads

So I had a set of taillights that I list FS in the old & new classified sections labout 2 months ago.

As of yesterday, I have been gettin spam mail about these.

Here is what im getting:

02-06 Escalade Red LED Taillights

Hello

I am interested in buying the 02-06 Escalade that you have placed for sale, and I would want to know about the present condition, as well as some detail about you. I expect this timely enough.

As for the payment, I would need you to get back in touch with the last asking price then I get a check or money order sent.

Would you please reply back to me at: texmy007@xxxxx.com

I will be looking forward to hear from you soon.

Here is another:

Thanks for your response and your mail content duly noted.

You can not belief how only I had wish meeting you personally to discuss this regrettably I am no longer based in the Rochester NY but now resides here in the Toronto in Canada on similar business interest and also have a family owned old aged where house and home located in Birmingham, Alabama,USA (storage & restoration unit) which is being run by my lovely son and wife.

So, would you please inform me if I am to purchase it as is bottom line price on the 02-06 Escalade Red LED Taillights (quote your price minus shipping cost) and in the same doing Send to me necessary details--postal address, full name and telephone number(s)--of whom this cheque should be payable to thus my wife could mail the cheque from USA to you on our behalf. On the shipment, I have a recommended haulier there who will be contracted to meet with you for inspection, survey and arrangement for their being transferred to Birmingham, Alabama.

On getting the cheque cashed and all agreement are proven to be legitimate, he (the haulier) will be directed to establish contact with you for immediate transfer of the items to Birmingham where my wife and son are designated for receiving orders made by me or by our customers who has placed such order.

Raymond Griffith

PS. I assume you will send the pics to me in your next mail. To reach me: Phone Contacts: (585) XXX-XXXXX and (if the line is busy call back and back again or text me). But sorry, I will be out on the road at work later today until 6:30 evening so until then it would be best to e-mail me as I will be checking it often and won't be available by phone or text message until Iget off of work.

How are they getting my email address?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: Spam emails from classified threads

Not sure how they got your email, but they are scams.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

link to your ad?

But I never post my email. That's done via pm's

No, I mean post a link to the classified ad you placed so we can take a look at it. I searched a little, but could not find your ad.

MacMuse is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS N* 1SE
    Without naming names... Did you communicate with anyone on this sale that couldn't PM and did get into an email exchange? Seems unlikely that a spammer would go to that much effort to get one email address, but it is possible.

Nope. These were sold to a member that pmd me & were sold 5mins after position

Are you sure they got your email from here? Would you mind forwarding the email to me so I can look at it? You can be assured I would never divulge any of your info.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Your email address isn't listed in search engines so it wasn't published in any public areas. We don't sell email addresses so that's not how it happened. The only logical explanation is the person at the other end of the email communication inadvertently gave it up via an insecure computer/connection.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH
    Are you sure they got your email from here? Would you mind forwarding the email to me so I can look at it? You can be assured I would never divulge any of your info.
    Already deleted them from my email.

I wouldn't be worried about u doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac
    Your email address isn't listed in search engines so it wasn't published in any public areas. We don't sell email addresses so that's not how it happened. The only logical explanation is the person at the other end of the email communication inadvertently gave it up via an insecure computer/connection.
    I know u guys wouldnt sell info.....I'm just curious as to how with an ad that I posted.

I thought I would ask & see if anyone else experienced this happening. Maybe a hack but if its just me then very unlikely.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    That second email was a riot to read...

Yeah, its a joke. Can't believe people a still doing these scams.......& stupid people fall for them.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Not everyone is as smart as we...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.