Classified Ad Help-If you have a problem READ THIS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Help Desk - Site News and Site Problems ONLY Discussion, Classified Ad Help-If you have a problem READ THIS in Registration Problems/Site Related Issues; My apologies for posting this request, but I've sought help from the moderators/administrator with no reply - during the holiday ...
    FlyNLow is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4, Crystal Red Tint Coat, Cashmere Leather

Question Classified Ad Help-If you have a problem READ THIS

My apologies for posting this request, but I've sought help from the moderators/administrator with no reply - during the holiday season, it's understandable that their attention is focused elsewhere.

I've tried to post an ad in the "new" classified section, but I'm continually told that I need to "select a thread prefix". I've tried Firefox, Chrome and IE 9 and still don't see that option available. Others have posted current ads, so I know the system works. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance,

FlyNLow

New Thread.jpg
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

re: Classified Ad Help-If you have a problem READ THIS

you don't have any adblocking or other browser modifications, do you?

seems to show the prefix option for me ... hmm
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

I've disabled all ad blocking/virus protection add-ons/software, restarted Firefox/Chrome/IE9, and it still doesn't show up. I've tried 3 different computers, and a Droid X cell phone...nothing to be seen. I've also downloaded and tried Opera 11.0 - still nothing. Maybe it's my ISP...frustrating. Thanks for letting me know that it's really there.

yeah that's really weird ... i wonder if it's some sort of bug in your account here ...
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

That occurred to me as well. Perhaps some kind moderator/administrator would check that out. I'm sure there's nothing user configurable that I could adjust. I'd love to post the for sale ad for our 2009 CTS with only 9000 miles on it, but at this point, it's been a bit daunting/challenging. Thanks again!

tonyfort is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Former owner 2008 CTS

I have the exact same problem as well. All different browsers, I've tried everything on my end. I did contact the moderators but have not received a resolution as of yet. I ended up posting to the old classifieds section...

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

There must be a bug with some accounts. Did you come to this forum through facebook? That seems to have caused problems for some people.

tonyfort is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Former owner 2008 CTS

No FB for me; direct login by typing the site into the browser

Quote Originally Posted by tonyfort View Post
    I have the exact same problem as well. All different browsers, I've tried everything on my end. I did contact the moderators but have not received a resolution as of yet. I ended up posting to the old classifieds section...
    My sympathies....it's been driving me nuts too. I'd love to post the ad for my 2009 CTS with only 8913 miles on it, but no luck. I've sent notes to moderators, the administrator, and the webmaster. No luck, and no Facebook for me either - direct log on.

Cheers,

FlyNlow

I think jimmy meant the original sign-up not the current login method. That would possibly introduce a bug to those accounts that signed up from FB.

That is what I meant. There are several bugs only present in accounts that registered through facebook. I sent a note to sal about your problem. But bear in mind he has a lot on his plates and the classifieds are causing lots of problems lately.

You are not really supposed to do this, but you might try creating a new account and see if you can post an ad from the new account.

Gotcha - my misunderstanding. I create web pages for friends and their businesses, and understand how frustrating it can be to try to find the coding that creates these issues. Jimmy, I may try to create a new account to see if that resolves the issue. If it does, that would provide a departure point in trying to figure out what is causing this to happen to some forum members. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    That is what I meant. There are several bugs only present in accounts that registered through facebook. I sent a note to sal about your problem. But bear in mind he has a lot on his plates and the classifieds are causing lots of problems lately.

You are not really supposed to do this, but you might try creating a new account and see if you can post an ad from the new account.
    I logged in with a new account - FlyNLow1 - the ad setup worked as it was supposed to with the "thread prefix" visible. It would appear that the problem is in the account setup. Hope that helps - and speaking of help - thanks to all of your for your assistance! [Now...anyone want to buy a beautiful 2009 CTS with only 8913 miles on the odometer? ]

FlyNLow and FlyNLow1

Glad it worked out for ya

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Very sorry for the delay in getting to this.. Is there a status update?
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    Very sorry for the delay in getting to this.. Is there a status update?
    Not to worry - it's a busy time of the year....

The latest is that I created a new account, then when I tried to post the ad in the new classified section, it worked - I was able to see the "Thread Prefix" option. I still can't see it under my old/preferred account name [ FlyNLow ], but under my new account [FlyNLow1 ] it's there. Perhaps the issue is in account setup/configuration?

Thanks for all you do for the Cadillac community!

FlyNLow

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.