Colors of forum - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Help Desk - Site News and Site Problems ONLY Discussion, Colors of forum in Registration Problems/Site Related Issues; Yea this site is def. FUBAR, when i search for something, no offense but i could careless if the word ...
    Zo6PwRd Guest

Re: Colors of forum

Yea this site is def. FUBAR, when i search for something, no offense but i could careless if the word was mentioned in a section for 1983 eldorados. This is the reason i spend way more time on the other site and dont support the forum monthly.

repenttokyo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    - The page jump is no longer at the bottom of threads, so if you want to go to the next page you have to go back to the top of the page.

Edit: This isn't a new thing, but I've never understood why this forum doesn't highlight new threads in some manner. Literally EVERY other forum I've ever visited - automotive, audio/video equipment, fitness, you name it - breaks out new threads in a manner that makes it very simple for users to load the forum and immediately see what has changed since the last time they visited. As a couple examples, here are NASIOC.com and LS1tech.com forum pages:
    1 - the page jump is still at the bottom of threads - it never went away. can you post a screenshot of what you see at the bottom of threads?

2 - the forum does highlight new threads in exactly the manner you described. threads with new posts are bolded. Do you not see this? I agree that they are not distinctive ENOUGH for my liking, but the feature is there.

I also feel that the contrast on this color scheme is difficult to read, and that the title of the post does not need to be quoted in each reply.

another thing - I don't have the search problem you guys are having - use the advanced search, specify which forum you want to search and it works fine. It even remembers the last term I searched for...

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

I can't post pictures from work to my primitive FTP site, but when I get home I'll take some more screen captures to show how the search results page comes up all funky, and to show what I see at the bottom of thread pages. I see the same issues both here at work and at home (both PCs running IE).

crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

Where do you change your sig?

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

you guys seem to be either showing your age or a lack of being willing to learn something new. people peek over my shoulder all the time and comment on how good this forum looks. its features are more in line with other forums that i have been using. and i am sure it will get better with time.

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    you guys seem to be either showing your age or a lack of being willing to learn something new. people peek over my shoulder all the time and comment on how good this forum looks. its features are more in line with other forums that i have been using. and i am sure it will get better with time.
    there is nothing wrong with offering constructive criticism of a service we pay for.

crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    I deleted my age from my profile because of you.

ELES6CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

The only problem I have with the search is how to determine which forum to search in. My searches, search through every forum.

the advanced search lets you select which forums you want to search, specifically.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

The page jump is/has always been missing from the bottom of the page for me as well. Lame.

I'm colorblind, so I could give a crap what color this forum is, but the layout is much more difficult to navigate. Especially on my Droid

this page jump?page jump.jpg

tweeter81 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I experimented on the whole missing page jump thing and this is what I came up with. If you are running IE 8.0, up at the top of the screen, just to the right of the URL or address bar, there is a little broken page symbol. This is the new "Compatability View". If you have this turned on, the page jump will disappear. So, if you currently don't have the page jump at the bottom of the thread, click on that icon and the page will reload and the page jump feature should re-appear.

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

If this is a petition for change. Then put my name in the "change the colors" column.
    Most of the other things i can deal with.

OldRoadDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Geez!! I tried viewing the forum with IE8. That opens up a whole mess of new minor irritants.
    I'll stay with Firefox and AdBlockPlus. Loads faster with almost no ads.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.