AP Racing Big Brake Group Buy - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Group Purchases & Member Discounts Discussion, AP Racing Big Brake Group Buy in Authorized Cadillac Vendors; Stillen guy...... Yes I know no caddy, but this place is too golden too leave, and besides id rather drive ...
    elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
    Stillen guy......

Yes I know no caddy, but this place is too golden too leave, and besides id rather drive a caddy anyway......

If I get stuff through you, can you give me some discounts

Mad'lac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
    Hey Stillen Guy, what do you have for the 89-93 Nissan 240SX Coupe? I'm down to either buying a 240SX Coupe or a Miata to have some fun with driving the twisty roads we have out here in the Hill Country.

stillen guy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Hey Guys...

Wes-- As for the Q-Ship, they're great rides, but I understand what you mean about the Caddy...there is just something about a Cadillac! As for discounts on "stuff," depending on what it is I may or may not be able to help out. Best bet is to call me, and I'll see what I can do. Sorry to sound vague, but it's the best I can do.

By the way, so that everyone knows, I don't get any kind of commission on these sales. I just try and let people know what we have and generate interest.

Mad'lac -- As for the 240SX, we have a good number of performance parts, and a few aesthetic components to gussie up your ride. The 240SX is a highly underrated car, falling in the shadow of the 300ZX and (in my opinion) not really well marketed to begin with. Because of that "shadowing," it's a bit rough finding parts for those cars. However, if you're interested in running a few twisties, we offer Front Strut Braces, Adjustible Tension Rods, and (of course) Hi-Performance Brakes.

Strut Braces enhance chassis rigidity by reducing the amount of flex the body may take advantage of in cornering situations. Adjustible Tension Rods replace the factory-appointed rubber-ended units (which wear out very quickly) with all-steel components. Together your 240 will handle much sharper than before. Another way to add to the corner-taming prowess of the 240 is with a Coil Over Suspension Kit.

If you need more power, we offer aluminum flywheels (a really great way to lower your 1/4-mile or 0-60 times), Hi-Flow air intakes, Headers, Plug Wires, rear-section exhausts, and ignition upgrades. If you want some serious alphalt melting performance, order the SR20DET Conversion. This setup will put you close to being an all-out Silvia in Japan.

So there ya go...if you guys want, privately email me with an address or phone number, and I can have the sales department mail you out some catalogs.

Cheers,
    Don Weberg
    Marketing Coordinator
    STILLEN
    dweberg@stillen.com

Don,

I am interested in getting an FSTB..... And I know that most of the NICO members are getting 2000+ maxima bars from ebay for $12 and drilling another hole to fit the Q..... Are there any reasons why anyone should spend an extra $130 for the stillen bar (minus the fact that it is already fitted)???

Hola Wes,

While it seems financially logical to go with an aftermarket Maxima bar and simply drill holes in it for proper fitment, there are a few reasons why not to do this.

One...the Maxima bars are designed to control a car weighing roughly 3,500 pounds, while Q45 bars are engineered for a number over 4,000 pounds. The Q's mass puts a lot more pressure on sway bars than a Maxima. This means that if you replace a stock Q bar with an aftermarket Maxima bar you're probably increasing stiffness by about 1 to 2 percent, and running the risk of twisting the bar. Frankly, that's not enough rigidity for the money or the risk of screwing up a bar and who knows what else.

Two...if you do drill an aftermarket bar, and twist, bend, or break it, the warranty is out the window...so, you're out X-amount of dollars and a sway bar. So, you bolt on the stock one again and you're right back where you started, or spend $x for a proper sway bar for the Q. Either way, you're out money and time and your car might be damaged.

Stillen doesn't have a sway bar for the Q. However, if you have a Standard model you can purchase a pretty stiff bar from Infiniti for the Touring Edition. It will bolt right on, and the results are very respectible, especially if you can conjur up some nice urethane bushings to go with them.

The call is obviously yours, but, it's always been my philosophy that anything worth doing at all is worth doing well. If you do it well, the chances of screw up and/or having to do it over are next to none. In the long run you, your car, and your wallet are going to be happy that you didn't "short cut" something.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Don Weberg
    Marketing Coordinator
    STILLEN

Then how much is the stillen bar supposed to stiffen???

Honestly, do you think it is worth the money (because believe me I could find something else to spend 150 on)

lol...I hear you loud and clear about finding something else to spend money on.

Like I said, if you buy a proper bar, like the one from Infiniti, it can make a good deal of differance. If you buy and modifiy a Maxima Bar, I don't know what to tell you. Good luck.

Stillen bars, depending upon application, are engineered to stiffen the suspension by no less than 7 percent, and most of our bars offer adjustibility, which means you can go up to roughly 70 percent more stiffness than factory.

Is it worth it, in my opinion, yes. Sway bars make driving more fun. You can take curves a little harder, feel the road a little better, and basically gain more confidence in your vehicle. However, since Stillen doesn't make a sway bar for the Q, I don't know aside from Infiniti where to get you one. However, what we can help with are springs, shocks/struts, camber arms (if you lower it), and tension rods. All these items can improve the handling ability of your Q.

Another tip that I'd like to offer though is tires.

If you've got good, sticky performance tires, and a sway bar, you're really going to have fun. Tires like the Eagle F1, Parada Spec2, Corsa, and Firehawk (opinions vary on that one) can give you some very good grip, and that's what corenering calls for, grip and balance.

My advice to you is to call the Infiniti dealer and ask for a price on a Touring Sway Bar that will fit your year Q. If it's too much, maybe look into some tires. If you can swing it, do both.

What else did you have in mind for the $150, if you don't mind the question?

Cheers,
    Don Weberg
    Marketing Coordinator
    STILLEN

Well I am going to upgrade to the tockico blues shocks all around, and get all new rubber, busings and gaskets to go along with that..... Along with replacing all the filters, changing the Tstat, fixing the leather seats, and flushing the tranny, I wont have much left.... I may also look into some cross drilled rotors....

Also, I noticed on the stillen.com, it offers new computer upgrades.... How much performance upgrades do they offer......

Wow..yea, you're putting some serious coin into that puppy, which is great!! I'm glad to see it's being maintained.

Your choice of shocks is excellent. I really gained a lot of respect for Tokico when I pulled the factory installed Toks from my Toyota 4x4 and they weren't terrible. 101k miles. I am wondering if the Bilsteins I have on there now will make it that far.

If you're doing the filter, might I suggest getting a Hi-Flow Air Intake unit? They are designed for the Q45 and feature a washable/reuseable filter element, Venturi Ring, and all required attachments. The Hi-Flow not only creates a terrific sound under the hood when pressed, but actually traps more impurities in the air, and increases air flow. Bottom line is more power off-the-cuff. Couple this with the rear-section exhaust, and your Q will be making a lot more power that you will feel from the seat of your pants.

I didn't know anything about the computer upgrade, so I contacted one o the salesmen to learn more. Bottom line, it makes some good power, but it might require a purchase of a new intake depending on the year of the car. The computer is reprogrammed and usually takes a little bit of time for the work to be done.

The man I spoke to is James Phan (pronounced fan), one of my favorite guys to hang with here. Give him a call, or email him, and I'm certain he can give you more info than me, and don't worry, he's not one of those stereotypical pushy guys...I don't hang out with them.

800-711-0310 / 714.540.9154 x 139 jamesp@stillen.com

Cheers,
    Don Weberg
    Marketing Coordinator
    STILLEN

Yes, I am putting some dough into this, but I do plan on keeping it for many a mile, and I am doing all this stuff myself (minus the shocks), so it shouldnt be too bad.....

I wont be buying an intake kit or exhaust.... On NICO, we have dyno-ed with all stock and with intake/exhaust modified, and it is only about a 5hp difference, and a Q45 technician has said that modifieng the intake is pointless, and it really can mess things up...... Not to mention it just sucks in hot underhood air, which can actually reduce HP regardless of its flow capability...

ok...

I'm not trying to talk you into anything here, honestly, but coming from a magazine background, I can safely say OE techs hate modified cars because they don't know how/like to work on them!! =;-)

But, when it comes to Stillen's products, we put a lot of time into the R&D to make certain each component will not impose on the workings of the car itself, only enhance how it works. When the 350Z came out, we were the ones most likely to produce "stuff" for it, and we did. But we were one of the latest to the party because of all the R&D put into each part. Because of that, we learned more about the Z than many competitors, and in that knowledge, we were able to build power building parts that are safe for the car. All of our products are the same way.

Like I said, it's up to you, but if you want more power, you need to do some changes, and sometimes those mods don't show up on the dyno much at all, but you do notice them in the seat of your pants.

Maybe give James a call, and see if he might know about something we don't which might interest you. However, if you're truely not interested in any performance mods, maybe what you need is a facelift. Stillen offers a few body mods for the Q-ship which are nice, subtle yet aggressive touches to the stock look. They don't enhance performance much, but they do give the car a new look.

Cheers,
    Don Weberg
    Marketing Coordinator
    STILLEN

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.