Big Midwest Meet! Des Moines, Iowa -- May 18-19 2007 -- Porky's Diner -- Track Time! - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Great Lakes Discussion, Big Midwest Meet! Des Moines, Iowa -- May 18-19 2007 -- Porky's Diner -- Track Time! in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; JRau, I just signed up one the boards this week so no PM access quite yet. My email is schill32 ...
    schill32 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 03' Cadillac CTS

Re: Midwest meet in Spring, '07

JRau, I just signed up one the boards this week so no PM access quite yet. My email is schill32 at hotmail though. I ran the largest GM small car convention in North America up until last year (9 years) when our daughter came. I've worked with numberous companies as well as General Motors Corp. so might have a few pointers and would be happy to give advice.

-Tim

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

I'm assuming you've done some work with marketing the event then, do you know the best way for us to get a huge turnout from our members?

Couple quick ideas (getting busy here)...

1.) Get an information website / page up. It's tuff to shuffle thru 10+ pages of a thread to get all the important info.

2.) Contact companies to come out and give product demonstrations semilars.

3.) Allow people to pre-register. Even if it's only $10/vehicle it will show who is serious and who is just talk (key with online based communities).

Have to run...

Flyin-Ryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6L

Thats a great idea to have website up. Also it would be nice to see another STL area person go

JRau is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1997 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series, 1993 Sedan De Ville

Well, let's get the final ok from Betts Cadillac. I have no clue how to set up a website, so one of you computer gurus could help out with that once we get the ok from Betts. I'm being as agressive as I can with them without being obnoxious.

JRau in central Iowa

AmesCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by JRau View Post
    Well, let's get the final ok from Betts Cadillac. I have no clue how to set up a website, so one of you computer gurus could help out with that once we get the ok from Betts. I'm being as agressive as I can with them without being obnoxious.

JRau in central Iowa
    I can make the site. I already own cadillacmeet.com so we can use that. I put together a GTO meet in Ames every year so I'm pretty used to making a site for it http://www.amesgto.com
    12 CTS-V | 12 SRX | 09 Z06 | 08 C6 Z51
    05 CTS-V | 04 GTO (Sold)

nickc50310 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS

Solid! If Betts doesnt work out we cn probably have it at Porkys. Im sure you Iowa guys are familiar with Porkys yes? I know the owner. We would have good food and good booze while we look at all the Caddies.

Porkys has been a Des Moines hot spot since I was just a tike. In season they car nights on wednesday and saturdays and bike night on thursday. All those nights its so packed that they usually have cops out directing traffic. How tight would it be to have our meet there most of the day Saturday and then stay most of the night taking up almost the whole lot with our Caddies??!! Also, they have booze and AWESOME food. best tenderloin youd ever taste! Let me know if Betts doesnt work out and Ill see what I can do for Porky's.

Quote Originally Posted by AmesCTS-V View Post
    I can make the site. I already own cadillacmeet.com so we can use that. I put together a GTO meet in Ames every year so I'm pretty used to making a site for it http://www.amesgto.com
    Thanks! I'll let you know as soon as I can on this... Gosh, this is really coming together!

JRau in central Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by nickc50310 View Post
    Solid! If Betts doesnt work out we cn probably have it at Porkys. Im sure you Iowa guys are familiar with Porkys yes? I know the owner. We would have good food and good booze while we look at all the Caddies.

Porkys has been a Des Moines hot spot since I was just a tike. In season they car nights on wednesday and saturdays and bike night on thursday. All those nights its so packed that they usually have cops out directing traffic. How tight would it be to have our meet there most of the day Saturday and then stay most of the night taking up almost the whole lot with our Caddies??!! Also, they have booze and AWESOME food. best tenderloin youd ever taste! Let me know if Betts doesnt work out and Ill see what I can do for Porky's.
    I tried to get an alternate car dealer in Newton--Ira Mitchell Cadillac. Unfortunately, the weekend we want in May is the same weekend as a major race at the new Iowa Speedway, so Ira is involved heavily in that, and doesn't want to host us on that weekend.

Porky's sounds cool, but I want Bett's to come through...

JRau in central Iowa

You might want to look into a possible golf outing and maybe a winery tour for the older demographic.

Quote Originally Posted by schill32 View Post
    You might want to look into a possible golf outing and maybe a winery tour for the older demographic.
    Central Iowa has plenty of both of those! I am very interested in visiting with you. Hope to get Bett's solidified first, but then, watch out, we're gonna blow the doors off this meet!

JRau in central Iowa

Im down for some golf for sure! Heres a tentative schedule maybe....

Friday night- race then party
    Saturday- meet all day, dinner as a group, party
    Sunday- golf outing then people head home

bigbluebrougham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

JRau,

I am interested in coming. Shouldn't be a problem for me to get it off. Let me know if you need help with anything. I can talk to my sister in Kansas City about the web site. She went to school for that. I will ask her when you have a place set and we can maybe come up with a design for it? Let me know...

BTW...I definitely wanna race my Caddy! Just to see what it can do.

BBB

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluebrougham View Post
    JRau,

I am interested in coming. Shouldn't be a problem for me to get it off. Let me know if you need help with anything. I can talk to my sister in Kansas City about the web site. She went to school for that. I will ask her when you have a place set and we can maybe come up with a design for it? Let me know...

BTW...I definitely wanna race my Caddy! Just to see what it can do.

BBB

Sounds like Ill be putting you down for race/party night in Cedar falls. probably justr be the younger guys but Im sure we will have a blast.

Flyin-Ryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6L

Im in for all three...

Friday night- race then party
    Saturday- meet all day, dinner as a group, party
    Sunday- golf outing then people head home

I hope I can find some STL guys to caravan up there. I guess I'll be bring my clubs too

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.