Big Midwest Meet! Des Moines, Iowa -- May 18-19 2007 -- Porky's Diner -- Track Time! - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Great Lakes Discussion, Big Midwest Meet! Des Moines, Iowa -- May 18-19 2007 -- Porky's Diner -- Track Time! in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; Originally Posted by 90Brougham350 Great job everyone, keep spreading the word. Anyone know any V drivers out here in the ...
    nickc50310 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS

Re: Midwest meet in Spring, '07

Quote Originally Posted by 90Brougham350 View Post
    Great job everyone, keep spreading the word. Anyone know any V drivers out here in the Midwest? StealthV is the only one I can think of.

Guy in Ames (25 miles north of Des Moines) has a CTS V. I have sent him a PM

AmesCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V

Sounds good.
    12 CTS-V | 12 SRX | 09 Z06 | 08 C6 Z51
    05 CTS-V | 04 GTO (Sold)

JRau is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1997 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series, 1993 Sedan De Ville

AmesCTS-V:

Glad to have you coming to the meet. I'll keep you posted as stuff unfolds.
    It'll be fun!

JRau in central Iowa

Ok guys, I just got an e-mail back from the drag-stip. It seems they only have an 1/8 mile track. This strip is about an hour away from where the meet is. I found another drag strip that is about 90 minutes away. It is a 1/4 mile strip. Im finding that most strips have events on saturdays and sundays and open racing on fridays. We could go to the strip on friday night. Most strips start running around 6pm. Maybe some of you guys could take friday off?

Of course I can still see about getting us our own day on saturday or sunday. Let me know what you guys think!

Krug Ford is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I think I might have something in the spring at the dealership..

Scott,

You guys wanna come on down to Des Moines? I'm trying to hook up with Bett's Cadillac there. We would be happy to have you down!

Let me know.

JRau in central Iowa

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by nickc50310 View Post
    Ok guys, I just got an e-mail back from the drag-stip. It seems they only have an 1/8 mile track. This strip is about an hour away from where the meet is. I found another drag strip that is about 90 minutes away. It is a 1/4 mile strip. Im finding that most strips have events on saturdays and sundays and open racing on fridays. We could go to the strip on friday night. Most strips start running around 6pm. Maybe some of you guys could take friday off?

Of course I can still see about getting us our own day on saturday or sunday. Let me know what you guys think!
    If we had enough people interested we could certainly try to get our own event, how many people do you think we would need to get our own?

Too bad the brand new Iowa Speedway doesn't have a track like this--that would be just 35 minutes from the meet. They are a 7/8 mile oval racetrack just completed this past spring.

Good luck, Nick! Hope you can land a strip for us.

JRau in central Iowa

Flyin-Ryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6L

Just try to join us down in Des Moine

If we had enough people interested we could certainly try to get our own event, how many people do you think we would need to get our own?

More than we would have Im sure. Most tracks have commitments with league racing on Saturdays and Sundays while they have public racing night on Fridays.

I seriously doubt we would even get 10 people to go to the track. If youre interested you could just go to Cedar Falls on Friday and meet us there. It is on your way (kind of, about 45 miles out of the way). Then you can party with us! You will fit right in since my girlfriend is only 20 also.

If some people want to go to the track but not take their Caddy they can come to Des Moines Friday and then ride up to Cedar falls with me or one of the other guys. Then ride back to Des Moines with us, obviously.

Man, I wish I knew for sure right now how busy I will be that weekend, I'm graduating the weekend before and moving home and starting life. I can gaurantee Saturday for sure.

Man, I wish I knew for sure right now how busy I will be that weekend, I'm graduating the weekend before and moving home and starting life. I can gaurantee Saturday for sure.

You better be! I love your Caddy! Once my girl is done with school and we get a house with a big garage I plan on getting an old Caddy to fix up. i was hoping for something from the 70s with a 500cu inch engine. I really like your car though! I assume there is alot of mods you can do to a 5.7L engine correct?

I want an old school big body that I can build up for SPEED and luxury! I dont know engines very well but Im damn sure going to learn. Im pretty smart and understand how shit works.

Is your brougham RWD?

Flyin-Ryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6L

Thats a good idea for those of us who have to drive far to just ride to the track with someone else just to watch. I could be down for that. Either way I cant wait

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin-Ryan View Post
    Thats a good idea for those of us who have to drive far to just ride to the track with someone else just to watch. I could be down for that. Either way I cant wait

Thats not an option for you Ryan! You have a fast car so you are required to race! BWAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by nickc50310 View Post
    You better be! I love your Caddy! Once my girl is done with school and we get a house with a big garage I plan on getting an old Caddy to fix up. i was hoping for something from the 70s with a 500cu inch engine. I really like your car though! I assume there is alot of mods you can do to a 5.7L engine correct?

I want an old school big body that I can build up for SPEED and luxury! I dont know engines very well but Im damn sure going to learn. Im pretty smart and understand how shit works.

Is your brougham RWD?
    Thank you! Nice to get a compliment! Yeah the 350 Chevy probably has more aftermarket for it than any other engine ever built. Yup, it's RWD alright!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.