Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Big Midwest Meet! Des Moines, Iowa -- May 18-19 2007 -- Porky's Diner -- Track Time!

35K views 361 replies 30 participants last post by  nickc50310 
#1 ·
Any interest in a midwest meet this coming spring? Central Iowa might be a good spot for several surrounding states--not too far away for Illinois, Minnesota, Nebraska, Missouri, Indiana, or Wisconsin.

JRau in central Iowa

#136 ·
Re: Midwest meet in Spring, '07

I added myself to the map! :) No pics of my Caddy yet. Downloaded them, but can't open em. My computer is picky. So, added a pic of the nice Knucklehead I saw in Sturgis this year.

BBB

#137 ·

Nothing else I know the producers of a show in Indy that I could talk to about doing something special for us. Just a thought and looking at the map might be a little more central. www.slamology.com is the show if anybody wants to check it out. But I'm sure I could talk them into roping off a section of the show for just us at the least. They have a bikini contest, live bands, and all kinds of stuff over the three days.

-Tim

#142 ·

We can't really do a website until the location is settled out. I PM'd JRau a couple of weeks ago about that and some other things. No response yet.

I know the Cadillac dealer here in town would not only do it, but help pay for things. Since I've done the GTO one 3 years now they have heard about it and want something similar.

Betts should step up and want this, if they don't JRau isn't talking to the right people.

#144 ·

What would you think about having it at Porkys Ames? Just throwing ideas out at this point.

Im sure John and Betts will come through for us. if we dont hear from John soon, Ill shoot him an e-mail.

Im hoping the meet will start around 11am on saturday. If we had a breakfast before hand we would need to meet around 9 or 930. If we party as hard as I usually prefer that will make for a long day! Dont worry, im hardcore- you just might find me catchin a lil cat nap in my CTS during the meet! LOL!!

#146 ·

I'd like to see it at a car dealership mainly because they should have plenty of room and they should want Cadillac customers there so it's easy to get them to cater lunch, buy trophies, that kind of thing.

#151 ·

Wow, I have my account set up to show 40 posts per page, so for me, right now this is page 4.

#152 ·

I have reconnected with my contact at Betts Cadillac. The owner is out of town until the 17th of this month. I will visit him personally that week to get final approval and iron out details. The owner is a huge supporter of car shows--specifically Cadilllac meets, so I remain very positive.

JRau in central Iowa

#153 ·

Excellent!

#161 ·

We need to start spreading the word. A lot of forum members don't even know about this meet.
Brian,

I want to spread the word quickly, too, BUT we absolutely have to have Bett's final ok. The owner will be available on or around Jan. 17,18. We need to wait for that. I have a commitment earlier in this thread for someone to make us a website, I'm all set to go for finding hotels, planning some leisure activities with Nick50310. We can go top speed with this ONCE we get approval. We'll have enough time if we know by the 3rd week in January...

Maybe someone could put the meet info in their signature, as was suggested earlier in this thread--again, after approval.

Don't lose faith, we will make it happen!:yup:

JRau in central Iowa

#159 · (Edited)

I have secured every Iowa member (I think). Thats me, d-dash, jrau, and AmesCTSV.

I also have- my brother (posts very rarely) and his 99 STS. Also have my friend Chris and his 99? STS. Chris is not a member here.

With myself I can guarantee 7 Iowans!

THere was also another CTS owner from cedar rapids but I havent seen him around lately. I cant remember his name....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.