Big Midwest Meet! Des Moines, Iowa -- May 18-19 2007 -- Porky's Diner -- Track Time! - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Great Lakes Discussion, Big Midwest Meet! Des Moines, Iowa -- May 18-19 2007 -- Porky's Diner -- Track Time! in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792 Strip bars could be fun! I'll be like the only one there not drunk though, as ...
    Benzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '79 Phaeton, '90 Brougham, '79 CDV

Re: Midwest meet in Spring, '07

Quote Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792 View Post
    Strip bars could be fun! I'll be like the only one there not drunk though, as I'm only 19.
    You wouldn't be the only one... I hate western culture, if this was some shitty little country in the middle of nowhere, I'd already have a family and a pair of oxen lol.

JRau is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1997 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series, 1993 Sedan De Ville

I was kinda kidding on the strip bars, everyone. Des Moines has 'em, but I wouldn't suggest that for our activity--especially if the Cadillac/LaSalle club joins us. I get the impression that they are an older crowd (I could be WAY off here, but those I saw at this museum quality car show a few years ago were very wealthy, and were 50's + year olds. Nick50310: The Salisbury House--were you there?

I'm sure there's a group that would do the strip club, but we should also plan a regular bar thing, too for those who don't do the strip clubs.

Nick50310 brings up a good point about that last weekend in May being Memorial Day holiday. Oops, I forgot that one. A couple of you had conflicts earlier in May, as I recall--Brian, Chad? We do need to nail a date down so that we can get our attendance drive started. I hope we don't leave anyone in our club out, though...

What do you all think?

JRau in central Iowa

89fatb is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1989 fleetwood brougham 145k

in my opinion the sat/sun would be a better bet for me to show just cuz i normally work 7 days a week. this should be a good time. sounds like there will be some overwhelming rich guys there if that club shows, oh well looks like alot of people responding that are my age thats cool

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Well that's three for Sat/Sun.

Only 6 more months...

Feffman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

J:

I may be able to attend (kids sports, work, etc.). Please keep me abreast.

On a similar note, why not contact Cadillac to see if they can get a speaker or somebody from the World Challenge race team to join us. The national Lotus Club (www.LotusLtd.org) does their annual event across the nation and gets support, speakers from Lotus USA and Lotus UK.

Mark "Feff" Pfeffer
    www.MVPTrackTime.com

Sat. & Sun. sound fine to me. Is that Memorial Day weekend ok for everyone? If not, we have the 12th/13th or the 19th/20th as other May options.

If everyone will let me know which weekend they'd prefer, we'll set the date. I'm fine with any weekend in May at this point.

JRau in central Iowa

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

I'm fine with any weekend in May.

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

19th/20th is best for me, although Memorial Day weekend (Saturday and Sunday, not Monday) would work too. The 12th/13th I'll be graduating and moving home.

Ok. I've heard back from most everyone who expressed interest, and the date for the Midwest Spring meet will be May 19th & 20th, 2007 at Betts Cadillac/Lexus/Hummer in Des Moines.

Now that we have this settled, I will let Betts know of the date, and recontact the Cadillac LaSalle club to inform them as well. Let's get the word out on this one so we get high attendance. If you know of members in your state who might be interested, let 'em know about this one.

Nick50310, could you go ahead and see if you can get us some track time in Eddyville (or was it Knoxville--can't remember). You and I could work on the hotel,food, and entertainment arrangements for the group--I kinda think I'd enjoy working on this part of it.

This will be fun, and I'm looking forward to meeting all of you!

JRau in central Iowa

derrty_deville is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac CDV 102k

It would be best to keep it off Memorial weekend so we dont end up in the holiday traffic on the roads and the places we go. But I am open any weekend in May

Im still in but I dont know if I'd get a hotel room quite yet. I am not above passing out in the parking lot/lobby. Im open to whatever activities and places we end up.

Is it illegal for you to take a Saturday off Chad? Im sure you'll have 3-4 months notice for an exact date.

Alright! May 19th and 20th it is!

nickc50310 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS

What day are we actually going to Betts? Saturday or Sunday? I need to know so I can tell Eddyville what day we want. I will be there! My brother will be in for the actual meet but probably not the track. He doesnt like racing his STS as much since Ive proven my CTS is faster! He will go to the track though! I got 2 friends with Caddies that arent on the forum but Im sure they would be down to go. I also have a couple friends with fast cars that would go to the track but they dont have caddies.

I should have at least 4 Caddy owners rollin with me including myself. Maybe I could get my dad out with his bone stock 02 Escalade also, that would make 5!

That would be great! Encourage those friends of yours with Caddies to join! We can always use new members.

Flyin-Ryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6L

I just read this whole thing. I posted on day one and never came back to see this thread. Im in and 19th/20th is best for me. Count on another CTS being there. Can someone handle the hotel situation?

Where are my other CTS peeps

addison_ii is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Sedan Deville

The dates sound fine. We [wife and I] have those days off and should [hopefully] be able to come on down and live it up with my Caddy Brothers & Sisters.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.