Big Midwest Meet! Des Moines, Iowa -- May 18-19 2007 -- Porky's Diner -- Track Time! - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Great Lakes Discussion, Big Midwest Meet! Des Moines, Iowa -- May 18-19 2007 -- Porky's Diner -- Track Time! in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; So the shows on for late May??...
    I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Re: Midwest meet in Spring, '07

So the shows on for late May??

Benzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '79 Phaeton, '90 Brougham, '79 CDV

If I can work everything out, I'll be there. It's about ten hours of driving, but I like long trips. I might rent a car, to keep the miles down, but the Phaeton could use a good workout, so we'll see. It couldn't be better that your having it in May lol.

Heck, if you're worried about the Phaeton, just bring the '90! Its almost as cool, plus it'll get atleast 4MPG better on the highway!

Benzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '79 Phaeton, '90 Brougham, '79 CDV

I could take the '90, not that I care about 4mpg though lol. If I cared about mpg, would I be here? But the 425 is so cool on the highway. I dunno, we'll see.

I'd take the '83, but the trip would roll it over to 50,000 miles, which I dread.

You've got three excellent D-bodies, bring any of them and we'll be in awe!

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

I am tentatively in!

nickc50310 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS

J count me in! I can help to organize as well. Just let me know whats up!

I can get ahold of some people at Eddyville and see about gettin us some time on the drag strip. Im sure alot of people would love that! We could have a day at the strip on Saturday and then the actual meet on Sunday. Saturday night we can do some partyin and drinkin! I can also see about getting us a group rate at a nice hotel.

We should shoot for the second to last weekend in May. the last weekend is Memorial day and I know alot of people probably already have travel plans. I normally go to the Lake of the Ozarks for that weekend and my family gets pissed if i dont go! LOL

Let me know!

JRau is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1997 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series, 1993 Sedan De Ville

Cool Re: Midwest meet in Spring, '07

Quote Originally Posted by nickc50310 View Post
    J count me in! I can help to organize as well. Just let me know whats up!

I can get ahold of some people at Eddyville and see about gettin us some time on the drag strip. Im sure alot of people would love that! We could have a day at the strip on Saturday and then the actual meet on Sunday. Saturday night we can do some partyin and drinkin! I can also see about getting us a group rate at a nice hotel.

We should shoot for the second to last weekend in May. the last weekend is Memorial day and I know alot of people probably already have travel plans. I normally go to the Lake of the Ozarks for that weekend and my family gets pissed if i dont go! LOL

Let me know!

You rock, dude! Yeah, I don't even think about the track thing--come on, man, I've got a 5.0 L '91 Brougham. I don't ever think of racing it! LOL!
    I would really like your help, actually, if you have contacts and stuff down there. I'm working on Betts (for the location site) and the Cadillac/LaSalle club (having them join us for the show). I can do the hotel reservations, if you would get us in to Eddyville, that would be awesome. Maybe you and I could arrange one special dinner out or something at a nice restaurant in Des Moines. Entertainment could be yours if you want. I'm married, so I can't be heading over to "The Lumberyard" or "Big Earl's Gold Mine," so you can plan that kind of stuff. LOL!!!

PM me your e-mail address, and I'll send you mine.

Thanks for the offer of help--we'll make this an awesome show!

JRau in central Iowa

Nick, I love the idea of having a race day on Saturday! Even if my 4.9L deVille is good for a low 16, it would be fun to see what everyone else could do! Nothing that's very competitive, just for fun!

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

I'd be in for a little track action. It'd be fun to see what Isabella could actually do compared to a bone-stock Brougham. I suppose I could take the tools out of the trunk, might get me into the 17.2x's.

Actually, a bone stock '91 Brougham with the 350 is good for a 17.1, I'd imagine Isabella (when did you come up with that?) would be good for a 16.9 or so.

I'd love to see Isabella race JRau's 305 Brougham. I wanna see what difference 45 cubes actually makes!

nickc50310 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS

Sounds good guys! We will have to get some CTS's and Northstars so I have some worthy competition at the track! LOL, I kid I kid!

I can DEFINATELY take the entertainment and dinner portion. Before I set all this in motion we need to get some dates set. I know a couple strippers at one of the better clubs around Des Moines, LOL! Saturday night I would have some good bars/clubs to go to and get torn up. I would put us in a good location so no driving would be required. Im not really much into clubs but if guys wanted to Im down. I prefer bars where you can actually converse! I guess Im getting old! LOL! As for strip clubs thats a real possibility also- up to you guys. The strip clubs around here are open until like 6am and it is BYOB. I know all the best restaurants so I can line that up also. I would just need to know what kind of price range before picking a restaurant.

At this point we need to let the thread mature and see how many people we get.

Quote Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792 View Post
    Actually, a bone stock '91 Brougham with the 350 is good for a 17.1, I'd imagine Isabella (when did you come up with that?) would be good for a 16.9 or so.

I'd love to see Isabella race JRau's 305 Brougham. I wanna see what difference 45 cubes actually makes!
    Hmmm, I thought it was like 17.4. Cool.

Strip bars could be fun! I'll be like the only one there not drunk though, as I'm only 19.

I'll go to the bars, but I won't set foot in a strip bar. Chad, I'll accidentally buy too many drinks and need help with them....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.