Big Midwest Meet! Des Moines, Iowa -- May 18-19 2007 -- Porky's Diner -- Track Time! - Page 19
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Great Lakes Discussion, Big Midwest Meet! Des Moines, Iowa -- May 18-19 2007 -- Porky's Diner -- Track Time! in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792 I am officially in now! My boss signed my vacation request so I officially have the ...
    gdwriter is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

Re: Midwest meet in Spring, '07

Quote Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792 View Post
    I am officially in now! My boss signed my vacation request so I officially have the 18th and 19th off!
    I got my vacation request approved as well. Leaving Oregon on Tuesday, May 15; will arrive in Des Moines on Saturday.

derrty_deville is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac CDV 102k

Re: Midwest meet in Spring, '07

Im still in it. If anyone else is up for splitting a double let me know. Probably staying in Cedar Falls on Friday and Des Moines on Saturday.

I assume everyone else from MN is going to the races on Friday if they still go through? If were all going together we should meet up somewhere around Chad.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Re: Big Midwest Meet! Des Moines, Iowa -- May 18-19 2007 -- Porky's Diner -- Track Time!

We can all meet up around me somewhere Friday morning. I am still going to the races if it works out, I'm very eager to see what the GS will do.

Minnesota people, when do you wanna leave? I'd assume late Friday morning-Friday Afternoon.
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

derrty_deville is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac CDV 102k

Re: Big Midwest Meet! Des Moines, Iowa -- May 18-19 2007 -- Porky's Diner -- Track Time!

It depends on if we go to Des Moines or directly to Cedar Falls which would save 2 hours but wed miss the motorcade to Cedar Falls. I'm ok with the extra driving.

If we go to Des Moines we would need to leave by 11ish and 1ish If we go straight to Cedar Falls. It gives us a nice backup plan or breakdown time if there's a problem but I say we should plan to join the motorcade in Des Moines.

Anyways, what the sleeping situation for Cedar Falls look like? It says there's a block of rooms but where and how much havent been given.

Benzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '79 Phaeton, '90 Brougham, '79 CDV

i'M NIT GOINT TO CEDER FALLS, U DIN'T VARE THAT MCH. BUT I'LL BE THERE FOR THE MEET. BT Y'SASS KNOW THAT.

nickc50310 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Benzilla View Post
    i'M NIT GOINT TO CEDER FALLS, U DIN'T VARE THAT MCH. BUT I'LL BE THERE FOR THE MEET. BT Y'SASS KNOW THAT.

Have you been drinking?? LOL!!!!!

d-dash is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '04 Escalade EXT

Any word on the site being made for this meet?

AmesCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V

Re: Big Midwest Meet! Des Moines, Iowa -- May 18-19 2007 -- Porky's Diner -- Track Ti

Quote Originally Posted by d-dash View Post
    Any word on the site being made for this meet?
    JRau is going to get me a Word doc with the info he wants on the site and I'll get something up soon.
    12 CTS-V | 12 SRX | 09 Z06 | 08 C6 Z51
    05 CTS-V | 04 GTO (Sold)

Benzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '79 Phaeton, '90 Brougham, '79 CDV

Quote Originally Posted by nickc50310 View Post
    Have you been drinking?? LOL!!!!!
    LOL! I don't remember posting that at all. Yeah, I was

kfx
    kfx is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS

Re: Big Midwest Meet! Des Moines, Iowa -- May 18-19 2007 -- Porky's Diner -- Track Ti

Anybody ever golf the Tournament Club of Iowa in Polk City? I have a friend who has and says it is a must play if I'm in the area. Looks like it's only 15 miles from Des Moines.

http://www.tcofiowa.com/gc_holeTour.asp

Never played it but I have seen it and it is a GORGEOUS course. A bit on the pricey side but Ill play it up if others will. They have ALOT of pro tourneys there every year. Polk City is about 15 to minutes north of the meet location. I guess 37 for 9 with a cart aint too bad. You guys wanting to hit 9 or 18?

PS- tommorrow ill call the racetrack and see wtf is going on. I HATE WHEN PEOPLE DONT E-MAIL ME BACK!! ARGGGGG

Flyin-Ryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6L

What days should I make my reservations for at the hotel? When should i do it? Becuase I think this will be a big meet I want to get in there soon

Im callin em at lunch Ryan. It doesnt look good at this point. I really wanted to run the track with you guys.

Ryan- where did you run your quarter mile? Maybe next time Im in the Ozarks Ill come visit you and we can do a run there.

Flyin-Ryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by nickc50310 View Post
    Im callin em at lunch Ryan. It doesnt look good at this point. I really wanted to run the track with you guys.

Ryan- where did you run your quarter mile? Maybe next time Im in the Ozarks Ill come visit you and we can do a run there.
    That would be awesome Nick. My track is right here in St. Louis. let me know if you wanna swing by on your way down. There are a couple of nights a week with open runs.

As for our meet we need to come up with a friday night plan b

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin-Ryan View Post
    That would be awesome Nick. My track is right here in St. Louis. let me know if you wanna swing by on your way down. There are a couple of nights a week with open runs.

As for our meet we need to come up with a friday night plan b
    I have a long winded post for a Friday plan B. Get ready, lots of reading....

GET SHITFACED???!!! LOL!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.