Cadillac Owners Forum banner
6K views 45 replies 10 participants last post by  I~LUV~Caddys8792 
#1 ·
Okay here it goes. I see that a few people live in the area. I have recently relocated to the Twin City Metro area. Being so I am just wondering if anybody who lives nearby, or who would like to make the drive, would like to have a mini meet in the near future. If so, list dates, times, and possible locations. Hopefully if enough people are up for this idea, we can get this party started and have ourselves a grand ole time. I'm looking forward to any suggestions and hopefully getting to meet all of you soon.:yup:

Addison_II:)

#3 ·
My Caddy is still in Michigan getting serviced as well:( :mad: . But I will be there repping Caddys and CadillacForums even if I have to rent a Caddy.:D

#7 ·
Thanks for chiming in guys. I have emailed quite a few people and so far everyone who responded is all for a meet. I'm off every weekend so any weekend is good for me.
StealthV will be busy moving family and business until mid September so I suggest any weekend in October. He has even offered the following:
partial email from Rick said:
Moving and the StealthV business will be keeping me busy until mid-September. I’d be up for anytime after that. Probably could do a little business sponsorship of the get together and offer free installation of any StealthV accessory, reduced cost tuning or something along those lines.
Some dates that come to mind are Oct1st, 2nd, 8th, 9th, and so on. So everyone pick a good date for you and see which is the most popular as that will be the date of the meet. As for activities, I'm up for some grilling, cruising, card playing, any sport( just in case a few of you want to get on the court). I will be looking for a location that can accomodate a nice size crowd and some off street parking. If anybody has a place in mind, post it, and I'll go and check it out.
Thanks everyone. Let's keep each other posted and I'll see you all soon.
Addison_II

#10 ·
Alright how about Como Park in St. Paul? You can view some of the things the park has to offer here: http://www.ci.stpaul.mn.us/depts/parks/userguide/comopark.html#picnicinfo. As for the date let's go with with October 15th (a saturday)at 2pm sign-in starts. I have posted this topic on Caddy Info as well. I will scout Como Park this upcoming week to make sure there will be enough parking and to apply for any permits that may be needed. Let know how many people that will be attending in your party and if this date and time is good for you. Either reply here or contact me at Addison_II(at)hotmail.com. As for cruising routes I don't know any yet but I suspect we would want one that would give us maximum exposure. So I will be waiting for responses from everyone and hope to see you all soon.
Addison_II

#12 ·
Ames, that site is great. Nice job on it BTW.I was thinking about getting some t-shirts made but I think that may just be personal preference. Something like hats with the Caddy Logo with CadillacForums.com on it with our user names on the side or back so that everyone would recognize everyone. The shirts would probably follow the same design. I was also thinking about doing the 2 day setup too but I'm not sure how everyone would feel about this.

#14 ·
All right everyone, the date is set at October 15th, 2005. The beginning time will be at 1:00 pm. I need everyone who is definitely going to attend, to post a reply containing how many guests you are bringing with you. You can post the info on this thread or send me an email to addison_ii(at)hotmail.com. Also, I will be renting either the Como Shelter or the Como Midway Pavillion and that is why I need to get a head count. You can view both venues here: http://www.ci.stpaul.mn.us/depts/parks/userguide/rates/como-rates.html
As the date gets closer more info regarding weather, new locations(if weather doesn't permit us to be outside), and cruising route will be posted(this can be amended as necessary if we want to "open up" the Caddys:D ).Activities will/can be cookout, b-ball, football, tennis, kite flying(whatever). I am on CadillacOwners.com everyday so feel free to post any suggestions you may have, as I will post a reply if not immediately, then within 24 hours. So far I have been getting a lot of emails about members volunteering as needed and members offering their expertise. I would like to tell of you :worship: Thank You!! Your help is appreciated and very much needed. With all of us working together this meet will be a success.:yup: Currently we have members coming from Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, as well as our "neighbor to the north" Canada. I will be sending everyone either an email or PM with the final details. So clear your inboxes/PM boxes. Remember all suggestions are welcome. If you would like to talk me directly, send me a PM or email and I will provide my home number to you.
Hoping to see you all at the meet.:yup: :2thumbs: :excited: :woohoo:

Addison_II

#16 ·
AmesCTS-V said:
I bought CadillacMeet.com if we want a site to put up info on.
Thanks a lot. It's appreciated very much:yup: . We already got an offer on a location to hold the next meet:) !! I'm filling out the paperwork for the permit on Thursday or Friday. Things are going great. I'm also going to scout an alternate location just in case the weather isn't in our favor.

#17 ·
I'd be happy to lead a spirited 2 hour run on the twisties that our Corvette Club runs on for the CTS-V's. Any interest let me know. Guaranteed to set new limits on the G-meters!

#18 ·
yeah it sounds good, i cant wait, i'll ask the day off of work!

#19 ·
All right everyone, I have made accomodations for outdoor or if it rains, snows, etc indoor accomodations for the meet. Outdoor will include grilling, cruising, and any other outdoor activities and indoor will include cooking, bigscreen T.V. and any other indoor activity. Just wanted to update everyone because it's been about a month since anyone posted and I just wanted to let my fellow forums buddies know it was still on for the meet. Looking forward to meeting you all about 4 1/2 weeks.

Addison_II

#21 ·
There is no cover charge but you can contribute if you like. Your age isn't a problem I'm 24 and people 17-?? will be in attendance. The outdoor place can hold 125 and the indoor can hold at least 40-50 .So bringing guest is ok.The only requirement is you like/own a caddy.:D The outdoor location will be at Como Park and the indoor(if weather forces us to be inside) will the community room at my apartment complex which is completely furnished/full kitchen/ big screen HDTV/ Card,game tables, Indoor pool and such. Hope to see you there.

#24 ·
georgekelp said:
How do we know to go to your apartment or wher it is for that matter?
If the weather is inclement and we have to bring the meet indoors then we will meet at the community room. My apartment complex is on Wilson in St.Paul. As the date draws closer then I will post the direct telephone line to the community room(you have to be buzzed in), address, and directions from the N, W, S, and E for those who aren't familiar with the city. But hopefully we can still be outdoors and have our cars shined up and ready for close-ups. As of now we have at least 20 people who will be in attendance. So I hope to see everyone there. Only 3 weeks to go. :woohoo:

#25 ·
Alright everyone, 1 more week to go. Everyone who will be in attendance, post and state how many guests you will be bringing. The address for the meet is 2150 Wilson Avenue, St.Paul, Minnesota 55119. PM me and I will provide my home number. See you all next week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.