Cadillac Owners Forum banner

February 18-20 Chicago meet agenda.

16K views 147 replies 15 participants last post by  JimmyH 
#1 ·
Ok, so now that we've got the dates set, what do we wanna do?

I'd like to go see the Lamborghini/Ferrari/Rolls Royce dealers. Always fun to go see exotics up close and buy merchandise that I don't have access to in MN. Some of us could meet and do this Friday afternoon, and I think most of these dealers close at 6 or 7. Ogden Avenue is where all these are laid out, down in Westmont, Downers Grove.

Auto show all day Saturday. Saturday is best because we're all here and it's the longest day available. We could meet there around 11 or so, and leave 5-6. Dinner and sightseeing afterwords downtown would be great as well. Get drunk, go to bars, go to strip clubs, etc etc.

Sunday, we could have brunch and chill out or whatever.

We've done this pattern at the last few meets and we've always had a blast.

#32 ·
I can get you too if needed.

#33 ·
Alright, so now that the meet is approaching, let's try and review the agenda again.

Friday night-
meet up at hotel and get dinner, drinks afterwords.

Saturday-
Breakfast/lunch- trek down to the auto show, get dinner/drinks afterwords

Sunday-
Breakfast/lunch- head home.

Is that it in a nutshell?

#45 ·
I may never get my car started if you do.

Note to self: Bring 2 tablets and a video camera. :stirpot:

#44 ·
JD's Aunt Kathleen sent me a message on Facebook asking if we needed any ideas for restaurants, music or nightlife. I told her we'd be meeting up at the Hyatt Regency in Schaumburg between 5 and 6, then heading out to dinner somewhere in the area. Auto Show on Saturday and likely dinner somewhere in the city. I told her she should put any recommendations in the meet's page on Facebook, but if she posts something there, I'll post it here as well.

#48 ·
And I'll bring my copy of Genesis' 1981 album "Abacab"

#56 ·
Jesda,
empty your pm inbox!

#60 ·
Sounds good to me. That gives some leeway in case we still have to wait...

I would prefer something that is not a national chain...(I'd really rather not drive 10 hours to go to Olive Garden...) But our options may be limited due to group size...

#63 ·
7:30 sounds great. Cheesecake Factory was awesome last year, and I've heard great things about California Pizza Kitchen. Giordanos is always a possibility too.

#66 ·
Umm, maybe you should check the threads in this forum for that answer. Especially since it's got the word "hotel" in it...

And a hint, there's no Marriott involved.

Hey, I wonder where that PFC guy is. I haven't seen him in a while...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.