Cadillac Owners Forum banner

February 18-20 Chicago meet agenda.

16K views 147 replies 15 participants last post by  JimmyH 
#1 ·
Ok, so now that we've got the dates set, what do we wanna do?

I'd like to go see the Lamborghini/Ferrari/Rolls Royce dealers. Always fun to go see exotics up close and buy merchandise that I don't have access to in MN. Some of us could meet and do this Friday afternoon, and I think most of these dealers close at 6 or 7. Ogden Avenue is where all these are laid out, down in Westmont, Downers Grove.

Auto show all day Saturday. Saturday is best because we're all here and it's the longest day available. We could meet there around 11 or so, and leave 5-6. Dinner and sightseeing afterwords downtown would be great as well. Get drunk, go to bars, go to strip clubs, etc etc.

Sunday, we could have brunch and chill out or whatever.

We've done this pattern at the last few meets and we've always had a blast.

#2 ·
sounds like a plan to me
i know late saturday nite i think im gona hit up with some friends that saturday but that will problaby be late later so if we hit up a strip club or soemthing or bar what ever ill meet up with yall after my outing with these girls i havent seen in years lol

always good to go see these nice cars yes they are
i wonder i wish there was a spyker dealerhsip in chiago would love to go sit in one of them

#3 ·
My flight arrives at O'Hare at 4:10 Friday afternoon, and Jimmy will pick me up. If there's time, I'd enjoy checking out the exotics. If you guys start earlier, I can always text you to see where you are when we leave the airport and determine a time and place to meet.

#7 ·
Oh man, I'd love to go see the Dixie Square Mall, but I don't wanna get sent home in a body bag.

#10 ·
does anyone remmebr off hand what it csot per person to get into the auto show
im to lazy right now to to check online and find price and all
and about to head out for a few hours
so im just trying to figure out what its gona cost for the weekend about rounded number and what did it seem like evyerone that want last year was spending around food and other stuff
im bringing my girl from Detroit with me so there will be 2 of us
and im just trying to figure out rates costs and all so i can see that i set it aside and all
i know im planning on spending about 160-180 in gas and tolls if prices stay where they are right now
and then hoping the hotel doenst cost more then 50 per nite so thats another 100 if jesda can find soemthing for that so theres 260 should i count on needing more than another 140 for the auto show and food for the 2 days ? im hoping it wont be more then 400 for the whole trip but im thinking thats not gona be realisitic so anyone know about what they plan on spending and all

#13 ·
I believe the tickets are around, 20 to 25 dollars a pieces. Food at the show of course is over priced. Im thinking to save a little money maybe pack a lunch for the day and around lunch time or when every one in hungry go out side and eat. Once you leave the show you can get a hand stamp to come back in after you've payed.

Roy

#14 ·
Pack a lunch from what? The gourmet kitchen of a Priceline'd hotel room?

Almost everyone is traveling in from out of town...that is going to be more hassle than it's worth.

#15 ·
Yeah, part of the fun of the auto show is eating at the vendors inside McCormick.

#21 ·
and 3oz of misery and regret.

#23 ·
Damn Larry, we were planning on having brunch at a Waffle House in Tallahassee, but since you won't go south of the M-D line, I guess we'll have to eat somewhere in Chicago.
The hotel I met you guys at last year was damned near south of the Mason-Dixon (for me). Took me an hour and a half to get there. I'm about 20 miles south of the Wisconsin border. That's why I keep saying someplace around O'Hare or Woodfield mall would be good (for me), but you can't make plans based on me. I'll make a decision based on what you guys decide.

#25 ·
That's Schaumburg -- it's nice. Woodfield Mall is like a zoo. That area can get really crowded. Lots of nice restaurants.

I-90 runs right through there (it's toll however) and is a straight shot into Downtown, but you come in from the north, where McCormick is south.

It will be a long way from the exotic dealers that everyone (but me) :hide: wants to go to -- just fair warning. However long it takes to drive 20 something miles in Friday afternoon Chicago traffic. Not sure how long that is, but it can't be short.

#26 ·
Hueterm pretty much nailed it. Sounds like you've been here before. Maybe have dinner a little farther north? If you are flying into ORD, Schaumburg/Woodfield area is convenient. If you are flying into MDW, then where you where last year is probably better. If you want dealers row, then Downers/Oak Brook/Lisle is probably your best bet. Travel to Downers/Oak Brook/Lisle from ORD/Woodfield area has to be :45-:60 min I'd guess. Again, don't make plans based on me. I'll deal with what you guys decide based on what YOU all want.

#27 ·
From time to time... :) I bet any flyers will come in to ORD. If I can swing going, I'll be driving. I entertained the idea of Amtrak'ing it if we were staying Downtown, but that has its disadvantages too...

#29 ·
Schaumburg does get congested on the weekends, but I am sure Downers Grove does as well. It is still not as bad as the city.
Schaumburg to McCormick place is 35 miles. Downers Grove to McCormick is 25 miles. There is going to be nasty traffic no matter where we are going in from.

#30 ·
I vote Schaumburg for the hotel as first choice, BTW, if we're taking a poll.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.