Cadillac Owners Forum banner

February 18-20 Chicago meet agenda.

16K views 147 replies 15 participants last post by  JimmyH 
#1 ·
Ok, so now that we've got the dates set, what do we wanna do?

I'd like to go see the Lamborghini/Ferrari/Rolls Royce dealers. Always fun to go see exotics up close and buy merchandise that I don't have access to in MN. Some of us could meet and do this Friday afternoon, and I think most of these dealers close at 6 or 7. Ogden Avenue is where all these are laid out, down in Westmont, Downers Grove.

Auto show all day Saturday. Saturday is best because we're all here and it's the longest day available. We could meet there around 11 or so, and leave 5-6. Dinner and sightseeing afterwords downtown would be great as well. Get drunk, go to bars, go to strip clubs, etc etc.

Sunday, we could have brunch and chill out or whatever.

We've done this pattern at the last few meets and we've always had a blast.

#112 ·
I think we should all go to Patrick Cadillac and kill some time there.

#118 ·
They'll see my 11 year old Regal GS and try and convince me to buy a used CTS. :)

#119 ·
The only thing remotely interesting is the '07 XLR w/27K miles for $39K, which is way overpriced...

No STS V8...
No DTS Performance OR Platinum (or both)

But if you want a CTS, they're your guys...since they have about 843 of them...

#120 ·
#122 ·
Haha, sounds like either way, you're coming back with some sort of an '80s era luxury coupe.

#121 ·
Patrick is a relatively small dealer, but they took good care of me twice for service.

This little used car dealer specializes in Caddys - http://www.cadiauto.com/ - small place and you never know what they'll have on the lot.

And for Chad - http://www.dmautosales.com/ - although they're pretty snooty and don't appreciate visitors without checkbooks in hand. They had a Rolls from the 60's along with the usual collection of recent model sports cars last time i stopped.

Keep in mind that Illinois is a clueless no-auto-sales-on-Sunday state, so these won't be available for a Sunday visit.

#123 ·
The camel interior on the SEC is....unparalleled....

#130 ·
The seats look nice, but even given that it was designed in a different era, the dash on the Benz with the big black steering wheel and black dash top — looks cheap and not befitting at top-of-the-line luxury car.

I know it's plood on the dash, but the Riviera looks much richer inside, especially with the suede inserts.

And while Mercedes SECs are hardly a dime a dozen, I would bet a pristine Riviera T-Type is much more rare. I'd take the Buick.

#125 ·
You have a dangerous Bobby Brown obsession...look what happened to Whitney...

#127 ·
You jinxed him...or maybe it was something else...

#143 ·
Even if I go look at it (which isn't a certainty either Friday or Sunday), the likelihood of my getting it is nil to remote. It would be to qualify if it would even be up for consideration to buy later in the year. I'll be up front w/the guy on that...

It would have to need absolutely NOTHING done to it, save maybe tires, brake pads, belts, hoses, etc. And we all know how well that turned out w/my RMWs... The guy has had the thing for sale forEVAR, so there's got to be a reason why.

Also, I wouldn't be able to make it back up to CHI until late spring/early summer at the earliest. I can't believe I'm swinging this trip... If he's still got it in a few months, I might have the thing pored over by a forensics team and see if it's worth it...

Oh, and I'd rather have an (maybe not that) SEC...

#140 ·
I'm eating dinner now, while getting packed. As soon as I'm all packed up, I'm off to bed, only to get up tomorrow morning at 6:30 and depart by 7-7:30. See you tomorrow!

#144 ·
They probably saw that stupid ad being filmed again and it drove them to insanity...

#145 ·
Hueterm and Jesda,
Are we going to try a caravan or is it every man for himself? If I go it alone, I'll leave around noon so I can stop off in Effingham and scope out a car meeting place for the CarPC Forum.

#146 ·
No, I'm leaving pretty early... I took tomorrow as vacation, so I want to take advantage of it. IIRC, Jesda is stuck waiting on his brother and I think they're leaving in the afternoon -- but you'd want to confirm that with him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.