Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Chicago Auto Show - February 18-20 - Who's Going?

23K views 191 replies 20 participants last post by  JimmyH 
#1 ·
I'm going for a weekend. I'm bringing my wife along as well. Who else plans on being there? Which weekend would work best for you?

#3 ·
Downtown hotels look pretty reasonable the second weekend....didn't check the first.

#4 ·
I can go either weekend. The sooner we know what weekend is better, as I have to get time off work.

#8 ·
I've got an opening on my schedule for the second weekend. The V is getting Snake Bit till then.

#11 ·
I will try to make it.

#20 ·
Come On Jesda, let's see you work your magic! What hotel are we staying in?

#14 ·
Second weekend works just fine for me. :)

#15 ·
I'm bringing my wife along as well.
O.K. I guess if the weather cooperates, I'll bring my gal, too, so she won't be alone in a gaggle of gearheads.
So is it looking like more people prefer the second weekend than the first?
Second weekend works for me.
Sounds fine with me, especially if that's the weekend Marvin can make it.
Am now seeing fares from PDX to ORD at $339, so let's try to lock this weekend down soon, and I'll buy my tickets.
Second weekend works just fine for me. :)

Looks like a quorum to me, so I'll lock in the dates on my calendar.

#16 ·
Well if we're set in for the second week, I'll get the time off both jobs.

#18 ·
as long as things go smooth and no hickups or anyting in life ill be there
hmm downtown
yikes last time i stayed i think it was downtown maybe it was near the airport but i mean last tiem iw as there i think parking was like 40 a nite or something
lets just make sure that where ever we get a place at its got free or cheap parking lol

and mariott propertys are prefered
i missed out on gold this year i think so next year i gota try and get back up

#23 ·
I'm all set to go. I've got the day off of work, so I'm as ready as can be. Now with two sources of income, I'll have more money to play around with too!

I'm pushing for staying in the suburbs! I'm not paying $45 a night for parking downtown, that's ridiculous! We had a great time in the 'burbs last two years, why change it?

#24 ·
i wasnt there last year or the year before or any other year iethere
but im still pushing for the burbs because well if we end up donwtown with the 40 or 45 per nite to park thats like 90 bucks
im like yeah i know ok why press over 90 bucks for parking if your already gona be spending like 300 or so on a trip but well i think about it like this
if we get hotels around 50 a nite or something
and then there is 90 for parking maybe even more
then there is gas and tolls for us wo are driving
food where are we like 400 or 500 already ?
i know who cares about an extra 90 well in this darn econmy where gas is 3.20 a gallon gota bush the buket somewhere lol

#25 ·
I doubt that hotels Downtown will be $50...my guess would be around $90-100 even with Priceline.

#29 ·
thats what day trips are for
shoot we find a hotel in the burbs
and take a day trip into the city do what ever no one has to pay for parking
we can pile 2 or 3 ppl into the caddys if not 4 depending on our size at a time and just hit the city thats why

why spend like what i had said 300 or 400 for 2 days when we could get away with 200 or 300 not saying thats the price it problaby will be more after gas and all tolls and stuff for non locals but still why spend the extraoo 1 or 200 more for parking and a hotel when we can spend half of that to drive into the city and party there

#28 ·
No space, expensive parking, too crowded, everything is insanely expensive, all the big restaurants have chains out in the burbs, we've already been to the Sears & Hancock, etc etc etc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.