Cadillac Owners Forum banner
30K views 297 replies 23 participants last post by  JimmyH 
#1 ·
OK, so now we've decided on Early June. What do you all wanna do??

Aside from the Mall of America, there's a drag strip out in Rock Falls Wisconsin, which is having a test n' tune day on the 12th and 13th! We could run that! It's out near Eau Claire, which is about 90 minutes east of Minneapolis, so not too long of a drive at all.

http://www.rockfallsraceway.com/index.php

Ellingson Car Museum, out in Rogers, 45 minutes Northwest.
http://ellingsoncarmuseum.com/

Porky's on Saturday night:
http://www.theoriginalporkys.com/

North St Paul's weekly pre 1976 car show on Friday nights:
http://www.historycruzer.com/

What do you guys wanna do for food? Any specific place?

#134 ·
Oh that place is sweet! Very 1950-60s' vintage.

#136 ·
It'll be easier to priceline.

Lets go over the itinerary again:

Friday:
Everyone arrives and we go out to dinner somewhere. Would we rather do a formal place or a cheaper burger joint like Smashburger or Five Guys, or perhaps a pizza joint? There are three very good car shows in the area too every Friday night. North St Paul is anything older than 1975, and it's about a half mile of street that's blocked off for viewing. Anoka is a lot like that, but it's about an hour north of me, and Hastings is the same setup, but it's probably 2x the size of North St Paul, again, it's only classics. Porky's is OK, but the other three have much cooler, rarer cars and the crowd is much less douchey.

Saturday:
Go out on a nice cruise down on the Mississippi River or maybe perhaps out to Rock Falls Raceway for a test n' tune. Go out to eat at night somewhere. Anoka and Hastings have their car shows on Saturday night as well.

Sunday:
Brunch and then anything else you'd want to do.

#137 ·
Before doing Priceline, we need to know exactly how many rooms. When you bid on a price, you can only specify the area where you want to stay (we're looking at places near the airport) and the amenity level of the hotel (usually three stars); you do not get to choose the specific hotel. And once your bid is accepted, your credit card is charged. Since we all want to stay in the same hotel, one person has to make the reservation. JimmyH has said he's willing to do this, but he's only going to bid based on who says they need a room Friday and Saturday night.

And if you do RSVP, you need to pay for your room as soon as the reservation is made. When Jesda has done this for us in the past, anybody he makes a reservation for would reimburse him via PayPal. If Jimmy doesn't have a PayPal account, he can tell you how to pay him. If you're not sure, we'll post the hotel location once the reservations are made, and you can choose to make a reservation there on your own or stay at another hotel.

#138 ·
Enough procrastination I have called the Hilton and secured a group rate. I'll be making my reservations as soon as I finish this post. Here is the info.

Lawrence,

Good morning! Thanks for the opportunity to work with you and your group here June 11-13, 2010. I have set aside a block of 10 rooms for you. Please have your guests ask for the “Cadillac Owners” Room block to get the special discounted $89 rate.

Individuals will be making their own reservations directly with our Reservations Department at 952/893-9500 or 1-800-HILTONS, or 1-800-445-8667 by Friday, June 4, 2010.

After Friday, June 4, 2010, any uncommitted rooms will be released. Reservations requested after that date will be accepted as long as availability permits on a first-come, first-serve basis.

All individuals making their reservations directly with the hotel must guarantee the first night’s room and tax with a credit card or check advance deposit. Each can still cancel his or her reservation until 12:01 AM on the day of arrival without incurring any cancellation charge. Cancellations made after 12:01 AM and no-shows will forfeit the first night’s room and tax deposit.

ARRIVAL TIME:

Check-in time is 3:00pm. While every effort is made to accommodate guests arriving before 3:00pm, rooms may not be immediately available.

Check-out time is 12:00 noon. Requests to retain rooms beyond 12:00 noon should be directed to the Front Office Supervisor after the guest is registered. Should it be possible to extend a late check-out, a late departure charge may be applied.

Our hotel website is www.bloomingtonhilton.com

Here you should find directions and our amenities we offer at the property.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Todd

Todd Lehrke

Sales Manager

Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington

3900 American Boulevard West

Bloomington, MN 55437

Direct Ph: 952-830-5257

Fax: 952-830-5259

Email: toddlehrke@bloomingtonhilton.com

www.minneapolisbloomington.hilton.com

#140 ·
Just looking at their site -- 72 hour cancellation policy? They're on crack.....might as well just prepay on Priceline...

#141 ·
Great News!

#143 ·
I am SO tempted to come -- if I weren't already on my third rescheduling of Beretta's obedience school, I would have already committed.....

I'm going to see what I can do (both w/his class and rescheduling a work trip...). If I come, yes it will be in a wagon, and it will include a dog.....however, I'll have to stay somewhere more pet friendly... (probably La Quinta).

#145 ·
Not over 50 lbs......I already checked.....and he basically looks full grown to someone who doesn't know anything about dogs...

#146 ·
I emailed Todd to find out what their story is......not sure if I just want to take a vacation day or schedule a work trip......

#147 ·
Thanks Larry! I tried to get the group discounts set up, but didn't have the luck you did.

#152 ·
Yes, and it'll be amazing.

#157 ·
It'll be especially amazing considering you're not present.

#154 ·
OK -- I'm in.

I've talked to Todd at the Hilton, and Beretta will be accepted w/their fee. What are we looking at as far as timing, as I'm going to have to deal w/this dog...?

It will be late afternoon/early evening when I get to the hotel. When is everyone getting there, and when are we going out for the evening?

What is the timing for Saturday, and where are we going? I can leave him for 4-5 hours at a time, crated at the hotel. Anymore than that, and I've got to come back and check on/walk him. If all we're doing on Saturday is driving or going to multiple outdoor locations, then I can take him with us -- but I don't want to leave him in the car for any length of time.

Sunday, I'll be leaving fairly early.

My other option would be to board him and bring a Cadillac -- but I really don't like boarding him that long....it would be like 4 days.....

#155 ·
I'll probably get there late afternoon, but I'm not sure about Friday night. I might be meeting a friend. As for Saturday, personally speaking a 6 hr cruise to MSP and another one going home is enough cruising for me. Just my $0.02. Car show in Hastings does sound good though.

#156 ·
Just booked, BTW --

By no means do I want to monopolize the agenda, I'll just need to know if there's something I'd need to either skip or leave early from, to take care of B.

FWIW, I'm not really into the whole going to the new/exotic car dealers and looking around. Car museums, shows, etc. , however, would be very good. Even the track would be fine, except for that I won't run anything I bring. (Don't want to take the chance I'll have to tow the car home...)

#158 ·
The track is about an hour an a half away from us, so if anyone doesn't want to go considering that, I understand. There aren't really any good or interesting car dealers in the area, nothing as neat as what Chicago has to offer. There's a good museum in Rogers and a lot of great car shows Friday and Sat night.

Here's the museum in Rogers:

I can't believe it's only two weeks away!! I was talking to Gary D this afternoon, and he suggested doing Granite City for brunch on Sunday morning, and there's one in Eagan, so we'll have to do that. There's also a Hooters in the Mall of America if anyone's interested.

#160 ·
The track is about an hour an a half away from us, so if anyone doesn't want to go considering that, I understand. There aren't really any good or interesting car dealers in the area, nothing as neat as what Chicago has to offer. There's a good museum in Rogers and a lot of great car shows Friday and Sat night.

Here's the museum in Rogers:

I can't believe it's only two weeks away!! I was talking to Gary D this afternoon, and he suggested doing Granite City for brunch on Sunday morning, and there's one in Eagan, so we'll have to do that. There's also a Hooters in the Mall of America if anyone's interested.

That 72 GP is nice for $11K.............

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.