Cadillac Owners Forum banner
30K views 297 replies 23 participants last post by  JimmyH 
#1 ·
OK, so now we've decided on Early June. What do you all wanna do??

Aside from the Mall of America, there's a drag strip out in Rock Falls Wisconsin, which is having a test n' tune day on the 12th and 13th! We could run that! It's out near Eau Claire, which is about 90 minutes east of Minneapolis, so not too long of a drive at all.

http://www.rockfallsraceway.com/index.php

Ellingson Car Museum, out in Rogers, 45 minutes Northwest.
http://ellingsoncarmuseum.com/

Porky's on Saturday night:
http://www.theoriginalporkys.com/

North St Paul's weekly pre 1976 car show on Friday nights:
http://www.historycruzer.com/

What do you guys wanna do for food? Any specific place?

#102 ·
I thought he was very uncertain if he was coming, with classes and whatnot.

#103 ·
I would think if you tell them it is for a group and you may have 10-20 rooms they'll give you a good rate. Let them know you are shopping. I'd say $70 - $80 would be a good rate. They may block 20 rooms til a week before for you and we'll have to book before that to get the rate. That's what I did when I hosted our reunion here last year.

#104 ·
Ok, cool. I'll check around this week.

#105 ·
For a nice hotel at a good price around Eagan, it looks like the best bet is the Hampton Inn. Close to MSP and just west of I-35E and south of I-494. How many of us are coming from out-of-town? The only ones I know of for sure are Larry, Jimmy and me, but I know Jesda and Marvin have talked about coming, too.

#106 ·
Damn right!

#108 ·
Hello. Posting this from class. I should have that weekend free but Im going to check again tonight to make sure I dont have finals or any major exams following that weekend.

Havent booked priceline yet, unless you guys have a hotel in mind. Will begin examining the area tonight. Chad, what neighborhoods or areas of town should be avoided?

#110 ·
Chad, what neighborhoods or areas of town should be avoided?
Well, for cities near the airport, I'd stay out of Richfield (don't let the name fool you, Richfield is NOT the rich side of town), South St. Paul and West St. Paul. Richfield borders the Twin Cities international airport, but it's to the west. I live in Eagan, which is east-southeast of the MSP. Eagan is only 15 minutes away from the airport, and since it's pretty much centrally located, I'd just as well find a hotel there.

#109 ·
Keep in mind that you may get a better price than priceline if you ask for a group rate. Tell them you don't know how many, perhaps 10 - 20. Also keep in mind that there are a LOT of Minnesota guys on here who may decide to show up, but are not in MSP. Once we have a hotel I plan on posting in the Seville and Deville forums for the guys who do no come to the lounge.

#113 ·
I REALLY need to make it to one of these..........

I was all set to go to the one in Chicago, last year, but had to cancel... I had hotel booked, and everything -- almost got Adam to go too...(I think I got Rolex thinking about it too, for a few minutes anyway...)

The MPLS meet coincides w/one of Beretta's 6-week obedience school classes, and I've rescheduled the start date 3 times already....they're going to freak if I do it again... If it weren't for that, I could have scheduled a work trip to MPLS for the couple of days before, and gotten part of it paid for, too.... ARGHH!

#115 ·
Just rechecked my class syllabi. I'm taking four classes this semester, two of which are somewhat heavy. I don't think I'm going to make this meet. :( I really wanted to see MSP too. Unfortunately, I need that weekend to finish some research papers, meet for group work, and work on presentations. Between missing this and the big NICO meet in Carlisle PA, my summer is pooched.

#118 ·
Richfield is not bad, My Grandpa who was an Executive at AmFam lives there in a very nice house. The guy I bought my Impala SS from lives there too and he has a Ferarri. I personally wouldn't be worried to walk anywhere in richfield where I have been. I am sure it has its bad parts but it is an older Yuppie neighborhood for the most part.

~HJ

#120 ·
#123 ·
Ok, so how do I start on the bargaining? Do I need to call the hotel and speak with the front desk or what?

Never done this before. :D

#124 ·
Yeah, just call the hotel and ask for rates. Then ask if they can give you any discounts. Tell them you are checking rates at different hotels for a meet and you are looking for the best rate. Empty rooms net them NOTHING. You'd be amazed at the rates my wife gets, but you have to ask. They won't offer. If they ask how many, tell them maybe 10, but you are not sure (might be more). Remember, there are a lot of Minnesota guys here who may decide to show once we get the info out on the other forums (I suspect a lot don't read this one).

#125 ·
I am still trying to figure out what other days I am going to be up there. That will factor into my hotel decision. My sales rep is dragging his feet on setting up appointments, so i might just be up for the two nights after all.

Regardless figure me for a room if you do make a deal with them.

#126 ·
Well this is odd. On hotels.com, the places you suggested are showing $79 or so a night, but when I called down to the Hampton Inn & Suites in Bloomington, they wanted $103.20 per night, and that's with the group "discount".

#127 ·
And Priceline will probably agree to 30% less than hotels.com

#128 ·
Can someone just priceline the whole deal? It'd probably work best.

#131 ·
I think we figured 5 or 6 FOR SURE, but I'd bet there will be more once we get this nailed down and I post it in the Deville and Seville sections.

I almost called the Hilton this morning since nothing was happening, but I'll wait and see what you come up with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.