Cadillac Owners Forum banner

So where's the 2010 summer meet gonna be?

11K views 111 replies 20 participants last post by  thebigjimsho 
#1 ·
Des Moines was fun in '07, and centrally located, but the Davenport '08 meet was good too, because it wasn't too far from that drag strip in Illinois, but I'd like to have you all up to the Twin Cities...show you our neck of the woods!

Whaddya say? We should get the ball rolling ASAP! I'm more than happy to help plan, especially if it's up here!

#37 ·
For planning purposes, two weekends that don't work for me at July 17-18; that's my annual trip to Washington for the Elks Car Show. LS1Mike is going to let me drive his Trans Am this year. And August 26-28 is the big car show in Lewiston, ID.

#38 ·
OK. I'd like to get something done in June, when it's not as quite as hot as it is in July/August.

#41 · (Edited)
The Back to the Fifties car show is at the fairgrounds in St. Paul June 18-20. Chad, you've been to this show before, haven't you?

Edit: It's a pretty big crowd, which may not be all that appealing. Maybe just look into a smaller cruise-in on Friday or Saturday? I don't think I'd drive if we were going to Back to the Fifties because I'd have to leave Hoover somewhere for the day, which I'd rather not do.

#45 ·
The Back to the Fifties car show is at the fairgrounds in St. Paul June 18-20. Chad, you've been to this show before, haven't you?
Yep, I go every year. It's one of the largest car shows in the country. I think there were 13,000 cars there last year.

gdwriter said:
Maybe just look into a smaller cruise-in on Friday or Saturday? I don't think I'd drive if we were going to Back to the Fifties because I'd have to leave Hoover somewhere for the day, which I'd rather not do.
There are two different areas that have car shows/cruises every friday night around here. One is Porky's....we couldn't all fit in there, but we could all park somewhere else and cruise around down there. Or we could all go down to North St. Paul for their weekly pre 1975 car show. They block off three blocks of their main road for the cars.

#48 ·
I am excited to host you all up here this summer.

#51 ·
Me either, but I have to have advance notice so I can be back in the states to drive up.

#55 ·
It's like partying with Mick Jagger!

#57 ·
Not quite, but I try. :rockon: You guys tried to hurt me drinking on an empty stomach, though. Let me get a decent meal in me and I'll drink you all under the table. :alchi:

#62 ·
Now just watch Push. That was great as well, thanks for the recommendation Marv.

#63 · (Edited)
No Problem. And along the same genre just not as good is "Next" (been on TV a couple times).

What is with these one word titles?

#65 ·
No, but they're similar. Next has a better wow factor at the end, but Push keeps you guessing through the whole thing. Another one to add into the paranormal, 1-word titled movies is Knowing. Its not as good as the other three already mentioned, but it has a very gripping story with an interesting ending.

#66 ·
Yep that's true but its way down on the action/adventure scale, more mystery - too much thinking.

#67 ·
I like thinking movies every now and then. My favorite movie is The Illusionist. If you want suspense, watch Mr. Brooks. Those are the only two movies I have ever actually purchased.

#69 ·
We should do the next meet in honor of JD. A memorial meet if you will considering many of us can't make it to his funeral.

#71 ·
He didn't like booze now did he?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.