Cadillac Owners Forum banner

So where's the 2010 summer meet gonna be?

11K views 111 replies 20 participants last post by  thebigjimsho 
#1 ·
Des Moines was fun in '07, and centrally located, but the Davenport '08 meet was good too, because it wasn't too far from that drag strip in Illinois, but I'd like to have you all up to the Twin Cities...show you our neck of the woods!

Whaddya say? We should get the ball rolling ASAP! I'm more than happy to help plan, especially if it's up here!

#73 ·
OHHH I gotcha! :lol:

#75 ·
This whole situation reminds me of The Deer Hunter.

#81 ·
So what do you guys wanna do up here in Minneapolis? If you guys are interested, there's a pretty sweet car museum about an hour northwest of Downtown Minneapolis. I've been there before and they've usually got about 60 cars there, from 1915-1970's. Usually a few Cadillacs and Lincolns too, and they've got a gift shop with a very extensive book & memorabilia collection.

#86 ·
Well, that's partially my fault. I found that and posted it about it, then I found out that because of my sister's impending move from Oregon, I'm going to be needed that weekend to help out with my niece and nephew. So I can only make the trip if it's the first or second weekend in June or in July.

But Chad also knows of some local regular classic car cruise-ins that we could visit as well as this museum.

#90 ·
Alright first things first, early summer or late summer?

Back To The Fifties is June 18-20. It's an awesome show, but be aware, it's HUGE-----> Last year there were 11,000 cars, so it's very easy to get lost. Especially if PJ's Auto Literature is there. :D :D It's literally one of the largest car shows in the country, yearly. And all the cars here are older than 1965, but they've got a pretty killer auction with cars from all backrounds and ages.
http://www.msra.com/

Carcraft Summer Nationals is July 16-20. I like the cars here a lot more than back to the fifties, but there's maybe only 2-3,000. Still, a lot to see.
http://www.carcraft.com/index.html

And all summer long, we've got weekly cruise ins in St-Paul. Porky's on both nights (more juvenile d-bags there in ricers and Mustangs/F-Bodies) and North St Paul on Friday nights (much more mature crowd, and all cars are older than 1975).

Let me know, I'm down for anything. BTTF would be a blast, but it'd be hard to keep everyone together all day.

#96 ·
Hastings would be nice with the river and whatnot, but Anoka is too far north for me.

#97 ·
I believe the auction the weekend of back to the 50's is Meccum. So there should be no doubt you will see some amazing cars.... just turn to HD theater and watch what they normally auction off. I am watching a 1966 Riva Super Aquarama Series II prototype go for $775,000 right now. So cars and boats.....sometimes

#100 ·
Oh! I would SO join but.....no Cadillac. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.