Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Jesda's hotel list. Chicago meet. February 2010.

11K views 96 replies 13 participants last post by  thebigjimsho 
#1 ·
Its about time for me to hit up Priceline, so I need to know how many rooms, who is joining, and what dates to book. It will be on the west side in the suburbs.

Usually rooms end up being $50 each.

#5 ·
Its probably going to be a Hyatt, Doubletree, or some other business-class type hotel on the west side.

So far, three rooms:
I'll be sharing with Ian and my brother.
Gary D
ClevelandPup guy from Beachwood OH

Let me know if any of you want to combine rooms. I assume Chad is going to make it down?

#6 ·
Has anyone heard from Brian or Tanner? I know Brian wanted to try and make this one because he missed us in August.

#9 ·
whats a drake hotel ?

any idea wich double tree or hyatt or when you will know for sure wich hotel so i can see if its somewher that i can spare the change for now or if i should find a mariote property next to it or close by perhaps ?
i was looking at the courtyard in downer grove wich is not badly price but also cheap because i cna use my points

#13 ·
ah cool cool
well maybe my dad or his side of the fmaily stayed there once before but i have no clue but if its old school old money then im out cause im not rich its my paretns who are and once they leave earth then i get it all untill then im livving on bird seed LOL

#11 ·
ahh cool cool i was worried maybe it was going to be like 50 per nite per person is we where talking about room share and if i coudlnt find anyone to share with then i would be paying full price but 50 sounds good
so please count me in on that when you find the price let me know please and if you could pm me with the hotel info

#14 ·
Brian wants to go, needs to get the OK from the wife. I hope he does go, that'll cut down on my costs quite a bit. Tanner, haven't seen him since summer sometime. No idea.

I SHOULD be able to go, but that speeding ticket might have eaten my funds, depending on how my budget comes out to be this month...

#16 ·
Brian's not going, which hinders the chances of me going. Sales have been down a lot recently, which impacts my paycheck greatly, which impacts my spending money greatly.

Unless I get a Visa real quick....

#17 ·
Split a room with Gary. As long as we don't hit up any fancy restaurants I bet you can get away with ~$300 for the trip (not sure how much gas you use when you drive down here though).

#18 ·
We'll see. Still more money than I have to fool around with right now...

Out of college, money spent
See no future, pay no rent
All the money's gone, nowhere to go

#19 ·
im thinkign that between gas and food im gona be at about 170 to 200 at the most if i find a mariote close to where others will be styaing then i can use points for a free nite if not then im problayb gona be aorudn 300 for the weekend maybe over so im hoping the hotel you pick is right near a mariote property perhaps

#20 ·
Well sales this month were excellent (MUCH better than last month), so I should have enough money to budget $300 for the weekend. :) :)

#23 ·
I'm booking this weekend. Just need final confirmation on who is coming for sure.

I am comming for sure but i need to know what the hotel is i might be able to use points or find a mariote sometimes there are mariots right next other hotels and if i can use points or atleast know what the for sure price is for the room i know i cant afrod more then 50 per nite so i may have to get a room at a difrant hotel to use points but want to find one that will be close by so if you could give me the address and name of wich hotel you are using would be great

#24 ·
Unfortunately with Priceline bids, I cant choose the specific hotel. I can only choose the part of town and star level. It'll be $50/night for sure. In the past, we've ended up with a Hyatt and a Doubletree near Downers Grove, but no Mariotts yet.

So, if you're in, it'll be a gamble for which specific hotel it is, but no more than $50 per night including tax. Let me know.

#26 ·
if its going to be no more then 50 a nite after taxes then yes please do get a room for me
so count me in if its going to be more then 50 please let me know i might be able to quez more out but not sure at this points was hoping to stay around 225 for the weekend with hotel food and gas but im betitng ill be up; around 250 to 300 for the weekned
so please do count me in if you can get it for 50 a nite after taxes Thank you

#25 ·
I'm 85% going. Money's tight now, but I've got a much bigger check coming next week....

#27 ·
Done! Total for all four rooms for two nights each was $352.32 including taxes. It was cheaper than I expected ($100). I should have bid even lower!

The total comes to $88.00 per room. You can pay me by Paypal, books@gulatibooks.com

The names on the rooms are:
Jesda G
Gary D
Marvin C
Ross G

Dates: 2/19/2010 check-in, 2/21/2010 check-out. If you decide to stay in Chicago longer I can usually extend the room for an additional $44/night depending on availability.

To check in they just need a photo ID, card to put on file for the specific room, and the Priceline reference number. If you need two beds, be sure to mention it to the front desk when you check in. I'll PM you guys the reservation details.

http://www.doubletreeoakbrook.com/

#29 ·
Just had some crazy shit happen im not going to be able to go
is it to late to cancle the reservation once it is made not sure how priceline works if its not to late please if you could throw the towel in for me
if it is to late i will get you the pay pal next week
please let me know

#32 ·
See two posts down. My wife already booked me for the Doubletree hotel... So disregard this...

I'm coming in on Friday night and staying at the Hilton Chicago - 720 South Michigan Avenue - which is the closest luxury hotel to the car show (about a mile and a half) and includes high speed internet, Serenity Serta beds, flat screen televisions and nice views for $89.00 per night. You can book this directly through hilton.com..

#33 ·
I'm coming in on Friday night and staying at the Hilton Chicago - 720 South Michigan Avenue - which is the closest luxury hotel to the car show (about a mile and a half) and includes high speed internet, Serenity Serta beds, flat screen televisions and nice views for $89.00 per night. You can book this directly through hilton.com..

I live literally right across the street from that Hilton, I'm looking at it right now. This I approve of :highfive:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.