Looking for a Cadillac mechanic, I pay good!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Great Lakes Discussion, Looking for a Cadillac mechanic, I pay good!!! in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; Im looking for a Cadillac mechanic in the Chicago area. I've owned a Buick & Toyota previous to my 02 ...
    ronronsls is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2002 Seville SLS

Looking for a Cadillac mechanic, I pay good!!!

Im looking for a Cadillac mechanic in the Chicago area.
    I've owned a Buick & Toyota previous to my 02 SLS, & I took those cars to the corresponding dealerships & was always to build good rapport with a mechanic & eventually have them do work for me on the side.
    It's just funny as hell that when I go to any Cadillac stealership there's always like a middle man I have to tell what's going on & he passes it on to the mechanic & the mechanic themselves try to avoid having contact with me & other customers. Are they really that scared of getting fired for doing side jobs or what's the deal?!? If there's any of you out there & aren't scared & like to make money once in a while, let me know!!! Anytime my car needs maintenance, repairs, or is acting up, I get it fixed ASAP... Let me know!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: Looking for a Cadillac mechanic, I pay good!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ronronsls View Post
    Im looking for a Cadillac mechanic in the Chicago area.
    I've owned a Buick & Toyota previous to my 02 SLS, & I took those cars to the corresponding dealerships & was always to build good rapport with a mechanic & eventually have them do work for me on the side.
    It's just funny as hell that when I go to any Cadillac stealership there's always like a middle man I have to tell what's going on & he passes it on to the mechanic & the mechanic themselves try to avoid having contact with me & other customers. Are they really that scared of getting fired for doing side jobs or what's the deal?!? If there's any of you out there & aren't scared & like to make money once in a while, let me know!!! Anytime my car needs maintenance, repairs, or is acting up, I get it fixed ASAP... Let me know!!!
    I think most dealers are like that. Service adviser writes it up. You rarely get to talk to the tech. I don't care for that either, but then I rarely go to the dealer after the warranty is expired. They definitely seem to keep them isolated.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)

That's how most shops work. The service writer is the guy at the front desk that is always clean and well dressed that the customer talks to. As a technician I do not like talking to people unless I have to explain something that the service writer is not knowledgeable on. The service writer also handles all the paperwork and the ordering of parts. I simply tell him what I need and he orders it. He relays me the customer's complaint and takes care of all the paperwork. I get paid to fix the car and that's all I need to do.

Nasty93 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

That is pretty much it. Im a service adviser at a chicago area Cadillac dealer (Gary Lang). We really try to avoid the tech speaking to the customer based on the simple fact that it slows them down. They have so many cars to work on and so much to do, That taking time to speak to every customer really slows down the pace. As an adviser i try to make relationships with each and every customer. Having been a Tech it really helps me speak to a customer in an educated manor. If you are in this area though, i can hook you up with a caddy tech without an issue. Were in McHenry

Hey Nasty, who are you? Been in there a fair amount (White '03 DHS with Purple Heart plates). Not so much now that I'm out of warranty (and I hear you guys are loosing Cadillac, that sucks). J.R. was my service adviser. I understand the time element, but sure did appreciate talking to a tech on the rare occasion when one (Mike Murphy?) would take the time to do so. Probably means a lot more to a guy like myself who can talk to them on their level and understand what they are saying and can ask intelligent questions as opposed to a soccer mom.

Nasty93 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My name is Mike. Younger guy, had the office next to J.R. for a while. Now im across the shop. There are certain situations and customers that the tech will explain things if someone wants to get more in depth. You might have had either Mike Conway or Mike Oniel, only 2 caddy techs named mike weve had for a while. More often than not we do all the talking, but like i said. Someone that is able to understand more complex systems we will bring the tech.

I think I remember you. I'm sure I would if I saw you.

Oniel is the one I was thinking about. Nice guy. I believe I spoke with Conway once as well. I think he did the front motor mount for me.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.