Cadillac Owners Forum banner
34K views 413 replies 25 participants last post by  gdwriter 
#1 ·
Alrighty guys and gals, as promised I'd let you know when I found out the dates for the 2010 Chicago Auto Show. So the dates are Friday, February 12- Sunday, February 21. So start planning and RT, Tony, Jerry, + BigJim, you better be there!

http://www.chicagoautoshow.com/index.asp#

#245 ·
Blech, Bridgette Neilson. No thanks.

I'm in for sure. Got paid today, will be OK financially.

#249 ·
What is the plan for Friday night? I believe I am picking up Gary at ohare and we are heading down to whatever hotel you guys are staying at so he can check in. Then what? Dinner?

If I read the other thread right, you guys are at the Double Tree Oakbrook? There is a Maggiano's and a Ditka's right there in Oakbrook Terrace. There is certainly no shortage of choices within walking distance.

#251 ·
What is the plan for Friday night? I believe I am picking up Gary at ohare and we are heading down to whatever hotel you guys are staying at so he can check in. Then what? Dinner?
That's the plan I was thinking of. And yes, I was looking forward to a ride in your CTS. I think the hotel makes sense as a meeting place, probably between 5 and 5:30, depending on when everybody else arrives (my flight gets into O'Hare @ ~4).

#254 ·
I'll probably leave the cities around 8-9, so I'll get down there 2-4 depending on how fast I drive and if I stop for lunch. My aim is to take my time, drive slow, save gas and not get another speeding ticket.

#256 ·
Yep, got pulled over for doing 89 in a 60. Talked it down to 79 in a 60. The ticket still hasn't been processed yet, so I have yet to pay.

#258 ·
No racing, just enjoying the addictive torquey power of the Supercharged 3.8. I was doing between 85-95 mph across a bridge late at night, and I passed the cop, he threw on his lights, pulled me over & asked me how fast I was going. I told him I was doing 85, he clocked me doing 89. He told me the only reason I got it lowered was because I didn't lie about my speed (apparently everyone lies, or so he said) and because I have a clean record. He was a nice cop.

#279 ·
Cool!

creamy....talk about a sausage fest...

and yes, I think we have more meets than any other geographical subset of this forum.
I hate sausage. :p And, yeah - Chicago does seem to have the biggest meets (heh). They definitely have the coolest Cadillac shirts...

I'm changing my Friday night dinner request from BWW to The Tilted Kilt. I forgot they built one by me about a year ago. I have yet to actually eat there but I have walked in a few times. Lets just say the scenery is spectacular. :D
Typical pub food. Burgers, fish n chips, chicken. Like I said though, you go for the scenery. http://www.tiltedkilt.com/

The Tilted Kilt wins... Flawless victory! Brutality....

#260 ·
I'm changing my Friday night dinner request from BWW to The Tilted Kilt. I forgot they built one by me about a year ago. I have yet to actually eat there but I have walked in a few times. Lets just say the scenery is spectacular. :D

#272 ·
Possibly Friday night... Saturday I have hospitalist duty so I spend 28 hours in the hospital.. bleh. Sunday we meet with our accountant for tax time... I will try my best to meet up.

#263 ·
What kind of cuisine does the Tilted Kilt offer? If it's scottish as the name says, then I'll pass (no need for haggis).

#268 ·
#265 ·
Well, I know what I wanna do Friday night.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.