Cadillac Owners Forum banner
34K views 413 replies 25 participants last post by  gdwriter 
#1 ·
Alrighty guys and gals, as promised I'd let you know when I found out the dates for the 2010 Chicago Auto Show. So the dates are Friday, February 12- Sunday, February 21. So start planning and RT, Tony, Jerry, + BigJim, you better be there!

http://www.chicagoautoshow.com/index.asp#

#108 ·
We'll probably go to brunch/breakfast somewhere around 10ish. Chad, Tanner and Brian (if the latter 2 are coming) has an 8 hour drive home so he leaves at a decent time.

#109 ·
8 hours? My car's supercharged. I can get there in 6. :)

#116 ·
Gary, if I were to take the train from O'Hare Friday afternoon to downtown, how close is your place to a train stop?

I have asked Jesda about having him and Shatner book me a room in Downers Grove or thereabouts, but I don't know if anybody is willing to pick me up at O'Hare.

My idea was maybe to have dinner in the 'burbs Friday night. Car show Saturday, maybe Gary could host us (feel free to tell me to STFU since this suggestion is rather presumptuous of me) for some wingding at Chez Hebding Saturday evening. Brunch on Sunday? Are any of the exotic dealerships on Ogden Ave. open on Sunday? My flight home doesn't leave until 4:45 p.m. Sunday. I'm pretty open other than my arrival and departure for obvious reasons.

#118 ·
Gary, if you need a ride anywhere just give me a buzz. I've got all three days off (so far).

#125 ·
Ok well I just realized I cannot hang out on the 20th at night. I'm going to see Chevelle at the Riveria so I should get out at 11:30PM so if you guys are downtown just let me know. I'll see if I can drop by.

#128 ·
I was just curiouse to see what is the recap on here whats going on a recap of whats going to be happning during the weekend do we have a plan set up like on friday nite for thsoe of us who will be there and then saturday and sunday what is on the agenda and all

Thank you

#132 ·
No real plans other than the show on Saturday. The rest we just make up as we go. Friday we'll probably meet up around 6 or 7 and eat and just chill somewhere for the night. If you're coming just PM people a phone number you can be reached at.

#134 ·
So can we get some sort of initial itinerary nailed down? I'm trying to think what the hell we did last year...

-Tanner and I left around 8-8:30
-Arrived @ hotel in DG around 4
-Met Gary, John and Nicki @ Lamborghini, around 5:30
-I bought a bunch of shit @ Lamborghini
-Went back to Nicki's place, met Jesda & hung out all night.

-Went out for breakfast next morning at that place named after the space station, or the greek place, whatever it was called. Apollo? Omega?
-Went & looked at Bentleys for a while, then Lamborghinis, then went downtown for a while then over to Nicki's/
-Sears Tower & Giordanos that evening

-Auto show on Sunday, then back to the cities around 4.

Sound about right? Wanna do something along those lines again this year?

#135 ·
Last year didn't we go back to the Lambo dealers and such on Saturday? I remember being there in the daylight.

I'm down for whatever. I kinda want to go back to Buffalo Wild Wings for a meal (maybe we can meet there Friday night) like we did in August. It was fun, everyone relaxing/talking while eating and drinking.

#137 ·
Yeah, lets grab some food at a relaxed place where we can sit n' chat for a while without getting in the way. John, yeah we went to Lamborghini twice...Friday night & Saturday morning.

How far out is the Rolls Royce dealer? That'd be a fun one...

#140 ·
Yeah, lets grab some food at a relaxed place where we can sit n' chat for a while without getting in the way. John, yeah we went to Lamborghini twice...Friday night & Saturday morning.

How far out is the Rolls Royce dealer? That'd be a fun one...

Luxury Motors in Downers Grove is an authorized Bentley/RR dealership. Their inventory is significantly reduced right now and they sold the other half of the dealership across the street...

#139 ·
Omega - http://omegarestaurants.com/

When Downers Grove was more grove than asphalt, my dad worked for the phone company and was based in the area while they were building their microwave towers. 30 years later I'm living in the area and during my parents first visit 20 years ago he insisted we go to Omega. Yeah, it's a long time family restaurant with a pastry/dessert counter to die for. Can't believe the web site doesn't even mention that part of the restaurant.

#141 ·
Elias, is Luxury Motors right next to Bentley of Downers Grove?

#142 ·
Hey everyone I don't think i ever really introduced myself yet i know you all know me from just chating in the past few weeks but i never really introduced myself and all
IM Ross also my firneds know me as Thumper
I am From ohio but now living in the Detroit area
and i just thout it would be cool to intro myself to everyone before actualy meeting up and all
also as my profile says i drive a 2000 seville sls that is my baby and i take care of her the best i can wich is always the best
why because she is my baby girl
well there it is there i am in a nuteshell and i wanted to oficialy say hello

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.