16) bstiffmanofsteel; escalade
17) zerocarpileup; esacalade
18) MacMuse; STS
19) crankedupforit; CTS-V
20) teh Ranger!!!!
21) teh Tony Show?!?!?!

Let's keep this thread just for signing up. Please post:

1) If you are coming
2) How many; just you, you and X number of friends, etc.
3) Are you driving your car; what kind (optional) just so we have an idea
4) What day(s) you plan to attend

So far the agenda is as such (please correct me if I am wrong):

Friday, August 28th:
Some are planning to meet/sight-see downtown
Museum of Science & Industry
Cruise in Downers Grove? (pm dirt_cheap_fleetwood)

Saturday, August 29th:
Afternoon meet&greet at Volo Auto Museum
I will be setting up there around 11am to reserve parking spaces. For the group rate for the museum, every body needs to be present when paying
Evening racing at Great Lakes Dragway cancelled (their schedule shows a closed event)

Sunday, August 30th:
Golf outing at Cog Hill in Lemont. PM gary88 asap if you plan to attend.

I will keep this first post updated as more info becomes available. Please keep this thread official; all discussion related to the meet should go here:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/great-lakes/163276-chicago-meet-august-28-30-discussion.html

Please pm me if you have questions/comments.

Thanks!

See less See more
#32 ·
What time do you think you will get here? Remember, traffic on I-55 starts getting backed up several miles before it crosses I-80. Traffic jams there are common, even at 7pm on a Wednesday it will be slow going from I-80 all the way to I-355.

#34 ·
0955? What is that? :D

See if you can get a room in the same hotel as Gary. It would be beneficial if we all went in one car because parking at the museum is like $10.

#38 ·
Sorry, man, I use 24hr time format all day. 0955 is 9:55 AM. Instead of two sets of twelve hours, you have one set of 24 hours, numbered from 1-24. So, because 12 noon was the twelth hour, or 1200, 1 PM is the thirteenth hour, or 1300, so on and so forth. When you hit the 24th hour, it all resets, so midnight is 0000. See?

Technical stuff aside, I'll see about getting that room at the same hotel with GD and let you know what happens. With parking being $16, I figure we can split that cost fairly easily. Still, that is outrageous. You can park at two garages I know all day in Atlanta for $5.50-$8.00.:hmm:

#36 ·
Or we can asscram 5 people into a Lincoln that barely holds 2. :D

I have access to 2 full size vans if need be. It ain't a Cadillac but it gets the job done. Plus, I know they fit in the parking garage at the museum by 6 whole inches. I suppose we could also take the Brougham too. We don't have to drive through downtown, just Lake Shore Drive, and the parking garage has large spots and a special section for oversized vehicles. However, I'm down for a ride in an Escalade.

#37 ·
News flash. My grandparents went to the museum today (they are members) and parking is now $16. :eek:

#44 ·
Depending on how many are going and if we can all fit in Gary's Escalade (does it have three rows?), we can split the parking and it won't be that much. Unfortunately, they can get away with charging an arm and a leg, but for a couple of bucks each, it's worth it.

#45 ·
We can all dip around in the 'Lade. Afterwards we can roll in my hoopdie. :bling:

:histeric:

#51 ·
Go ahead and count me in for Volo. If, for some reason, I can't make it -- is there a fee or anything? It's too far out to be 100% sure that I can make it.

#54 ·
No fees. I am just trying to reserve parking spaces at Volo, as they can get crowded on Saturdays. I think the admission to Volo is $9, but only if you actually go into the museum. I am not sure what Great Lakes is going to be if you want to run, I still have to talk to them.

#56 ·
The Volo museum sounds good. I guess I would go to Great Lakes and watch, but I'm not running a car.

#58 ·
ill check out the red roof in but netter been a fan of it might see where or what other places are in the area might find a starwood or mariot property and use points for a free room only reason i would stay at the red roof in is if there was a block or group rate and others where stayin gthere also

#60 ·
seems like i cant find anyting close by for less than 90 a nite
oh well guess thats where ill probably stay also

i would bring my dog but she is a beagle and if i leave the room for 2 minutes to go get ise she would cry whimper and scratch at the door iw ould get a 300 dollar pill proably for ruining the room with her
she goes crazy if she cant see me for 5 seconds LOL and she willl howl for 3 hours ontill she gets tired
if im not around

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.