Cadillac Owners Forum banner
64K views 598 replies 47 participants last post by  N0DIH 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
There is now a signup thread:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/great-lakes/172496-chicago-meet-august-2009-signup.html
-JH

Since it appears we have reached a consensus on the date, I figured it would be a good idea to start a thread for the meet itself and organizing some of the logistics. I know Jimmy and Nick have offered to help get things organized, and I'm willing to help out where I can to get things moving. I've had a great time at the three meets I've attended (Des Moines 2007, Chicago 2008 and 2009), so I'm really looking forward to another road trip.

First off, here’s a list of people who’ve said they might be interested in coming. Feel free to add to this list:

Out-of-town drivers:

• Me (natch) and Hoover
  • Brian (90_Brougham_350) and possibly Ruthie
  • Chad
  • Tanner (Derrty_Deville)
  • Jesda
  • Kurt (KFX)
  • Gizmo
  • Rick (NightWolf)
  • Jim (TBJS)
  • Nick
  • Justin

Fly-in/Maybes:

• Tony (TTS)

Locals @ the winter meet:

• Nicki
  • JimmyH
  • JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)
  • Gary88
  • Kael

Other locals to invite:

• Elias (96 Fleetwood)
  • John (JRau)
  • Keith (AlBundy)
  • Larry (Ranger)
  • Tom (N0DIH)

If I’ve forgotten anybody, it’s not intentional. Just add yourself to the list.

As summer gets closer, it’d be a good idea to firm up who’s coming so we can make reservations for dinners/Sunday brunch/hotel/golf, etc. I know if may seem early, but this way anybody who needs to take vacation time can plan ahead.

See less See more
#352 ·
Heck, it sounded like a good idea. I have a nice collection of event shirts that I'm always looking to add to.

#355 ·
All Right! :highfive: I was wondering when someone was going to setup a hospitality suite! Party at the Peninsula!

#354 ·
DO IT! If you drive, please bring the Eldo. That way I will not have the oldest car there. :)

#357 ·
I'm thinking about coming up as well -- if I can swing the schedule. I will most likely stay Downtown as well. I'd probably drive up on Friday and get Downtown at check-in.

#358 ·
Why would you want to stay downtown? Prices in the burbs are 1/3 of what they are downtown, on everything. Lodging, food, gas (its close to 40 cents more a gallon in Cook county) and parking are so expensive in the city. Some places parking is $15, even for only a few hours and most of the hotels downtown you have to let a valet park your car so you have to pay them as well. Everything in the burbs is so much cheaper, its definitely worth it, especially considering we are not doing anything in the city this trip, its all going to be to the North and West.

#359 ·
I thought in the other thread it said that Friday night would be Downtown....?

Would it be possible to make up an agenda sticky or locked thread that would just be for the most updated info? I've read part of the 24 pages here, but haven't gotten through them all.

#360 ·
Friday during the day is going to be Me, Gary and Chad? (not sure if anyone else is going with us) going to the Museum of Science and Industry since they will be arriving Thursday night . Late Friday was going to be the Fermi Lab drive through and Friday night was going to be dinner in the burbs. After that we go where the night takes us. The city sucks for planning stuff with large groups of people, its just plain difficult to do.

Correct me if I got anything wrong.

#364 ·
Goff, Hueterm, USMC AND Blue07CTS coming as well????? This might be the most epic meet EVAR!

#366 ·
Oh and Ian too, can't forget Ian. :D

#367 ·
Jimmy, I am totally down for a T-shirt, especially since we have so many people coming. However, I don't think we should all put our names on in case people show up last minute. Heck, even if we just bulk ordered a bunch of T-shirts with Cadillac emblems on them it would be great. Maybe we can get a discount on these from *****************.

http://www.*****************.com/Me...een=PROD&Product_Code=TEE-950&Category_Code=S

#370 ·
Jimmy, I am totally down for a T-shirt, especially since we have so many people coming. However, I don't think we should all put our names on in case people show up last minute. Heck, even if we just bulk ordered a bunch of T-shirts with Cadillac emblems on them it would be great. Maybe we can get a discount on these from *****************.

http://www.*****************.com/Me...een=PROD&Product_Code=TEE-950&Category_Code=S
I'd get one, too. However, I already have one from AutoPride Concepts in red with the wreath and crest. So if that's what's chosen, I'll just keep the one I have.

BTW John, did you sell the Fleetwood?

#368 ·
I have a t-shirt with a Cadillac emblem on it. I wore it to the Des Moines meet in '06. It still fits. I can wear it again.

#374 ·
I could work with that.

#375 ·
What Gary said, smaller graphics. The symbol for the back of the shirt is way too big for my liking. Its starting to head in the direction of bling instead of class. Could we have black shirts instead? I know black in the summer is pretty stupid but I hate white shirts with a passion. Silver or gray is okay, but no white.

#380 ·
Looks like gray/silver is taking the lead. Gary, my dog is also blond and sheds hairs about 6 inches long, I know your pain. :D

#381 ·
Grey gets my vote.

#383 ·
This is my mutt. The hair on her back is like 3 times longer than anywhere else on her body. She also rolls around a lot, especially while sleeping, as you can see. That picture is also several years older and she does not look that young anymore. She is almost 9 years old now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.