Chicago Meet (August 28-30) discussion - Page 16
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
Great Lakes Discussion, Chicago Meet (August 28-30) discussion in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; I don't believe anything is set in stone yet, but I believe there will be some kind of dinner/get-together/cruise on ...
    gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

Re: Chicago Meet -- August 28-30 -- Official thread -- Public Trans is horrible

I don't believe anything is set in stone yet, but I believe there will be some kind of dinner/get-together/cruise on Friday night, most likely in the west suburbs. Tentative plans are for a picnic/BBQ at the Volo Auto Museum on Saturday afternoon and possibly a trip to one of the area dragstrips Saturday night (that could end up being in Friday night). Sunday there will likely be a brunch, with a round golf in the afternoon in the Lemont or Downers Grove area (I'm pretty sure we have at least enough for a foursome, but we can reserve additional tee times if enough people are interested in playing).

Plans should firm up by this summer and will be posted. We've had some fun meets in the past, so this should be a good one.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)

There is a pretty bad ass car show in downtown Downer's Grove every Friday night. They put up signs all along the main strip and in the parking lots that say "Antique parking only" and the cops can tow your car if it isn't an oldey. It is definitly worth going especially if we are going to be waiting for people to meet up with us. There is a huge parking garage there so parking is never a problem. The cool part is none of the cars are trailer queens. They all get there under their own power so you see them all over the roads Friday afternoon/evening. Last year I saw several Superbees among other great relics.

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

Quote Originally Posted by dirt_cheap_fleetwood View Post
    There is a pretty bad ass car show in downtown Downer's Grove every Friday night. They put up signs all along the main strip and in the parking lots that say "Antique parking only" and the cops can tow your car if it isn't an oldey. It is definitly worth going especially if we are going to be waiting for people to meet up with us. There is a huge parking garage there so parking is never a problem. The cool part is none of the cars are trailer queens. They all get there under their own power so you see them all over the roads Friday afternoon/evening. Last year I saw several Superbees among other great relics.
    That sounds very cool, John. Too bad I wouldn't have Betty there to show off. I hate trailer queens, so it's cool all the cars are driven there. Driving them is part of the fun of owning a classic car.

96Fleetwood is offline Auto Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Garnet Red Metallic

I was there almost every friday night last summer with either the Fleetwood or the "SS" wagon. I even had the Fleetwood on main one night when I got there at 4:30 pm to secure a spot I will do the same this year with the Fleetwood & Marauder, it is always a good time.
    1996 Cadillac Fleetwood "SS"- sold but not forgotten
    1994 Cadillac Fleetwood- the sleeper project
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am Collectors Edition WS6 Conv't- the show car
    2006 Mini Cooper S BRG 6spd- the autox gokart
    2014 Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged- wife's daily driver
    2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Hemi Crew 4x4- daily driver/tow vehicle

gary88 is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 E92 BMW 335i

Lemont also has car shows every Wednesday in the summer. Tons of nice cars from just about every era, though they usually have some kind of a theme every night.

Quote Originally Posted by 96Fleetwood View Post
    I was there almost every friday night last summer with either the Fleetwood or the "SS" wagon. I even had the Fleetwood on main one night when I got there at 4:30 pm to secure a spot I will do the same this year with the Fleetwood & Marauder, it is always a good time.
    I am gonna try and bring my grandfather's '48 Ferguson tractor to the show on farm equipment night this year. I can't wait to drive a tractor down Main Street!

iowasevillests is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Seville STS 73k Miles, '90 Chevy 1500 Reg Cab

I can't wait to drive a tractor down Main Street!
    I used to do that all the time.....wait that was in a tiny town where traffic jams were caused by tractors, not suburban Chicago!

nickc50310: I might try and remember to look you up closer to the meet, I'll be coming out of SW Iowa and liklely rolling thru Des Moines, probably with my brother and his 96 SLS in addition to my STS, if things work out we could convoy it up on the way there if timing works out for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by iowasevillests View Post
    I used to do that all the time.....wait that was in a tiny town where traffic jams were caused by tractors, not suburban Chicago!
    Its gonna be quite a sight. Its got a huge 4-cylinder engine (the block is almost as big as the 350 block in my Brougham) with straight pipes coming out the back. It only has like 20 hp but boat loads of torque. You crank that thing up to three grand (it redlines at like 3500) and put it into road gear and it will do close to 30mph.

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

It looks like I'll be able to make the meet. My vacation planner was accepted at work. I plan to work the days off in comp beforehand so I don't have to use my vacation. This is going to be my big Summer trip this year.

I've got 11 days off, so the plan is to leave my house Thursday, spend the night traveling then arrive in Chichago Friday afternoon/evening. Spend the weekend there. Probably head out when the rest of the folks do Sunday evening sometime, get several hours of driving in, stop for the night, then arrive in NY Monday, where I'll remain until I head out the following Sunday afternoon/evening, stop for the night and arrive back home that Monday.

Both the Mid GA- Chicago leg and chi- my home town in NY leg are 13hrs/810miles. The NY - GA leg is a bit longer at 16hrs/1000miles.

I should be taking the BMW, which is why I am doing alot more work on it then first planned, since I'll be taking it on this trip (and possibly another long one over Christmas/New Years) The roadtrip should be a blast, top down and music up.

I look forward to meeting everyone, I've been to other meets that were in FL, but should be a new group of people face to face, some of which I've been talking with in the forum for years. It'll be good to get to meet everyone in person.

The events sound pretty cool. A drag/autox event would be really neat too.

Should be really cool, I've never been to Chi-town (other then the airport on my way to Hawaii) so it'll be a neat experience. Speakeing of Hawaii, there is a good chance my friend from Hawaii will be flying over to join me on this entire adventure. Should be lots of fun, just gotta get my butt in gear to fix up the BMW and work all this comp time.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Cool Rick! it'll be nice to meet you.
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

If you say Chi-town again I am gonna steal your Bimmer in the night.

If you say Chi-town again I am gonna steal your Bimmer in the night.
    Lol! You'll need the key AND the ignition/fuel pump lockout code ;-)

I'll get to try. Chi-town deep dish pizza and see how it compares to NY pizza ;-)

06_cadillac_pimpin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 cadillac dts

im gonna try and make it, im getting new rims hopefully tomorrow. ill post pic but if iowa does go maybe we can meet and add another one to the convoy

Quote Originally Posted by Night Wolf View Post
    Lol! You'll need the key AND the ignition/fuel pump lockout code ;-)
    All I need to do is borrow my neighbor's dollys.

Anyone else coming up from the South? Could follow each other up...

This would be the rough idea of it:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Warn...=Chicago&2s=IL

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.