Chicago Meet (August 28-30) discussion - Page 15
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Great Lakes Discussion, Chicago Meet (August 28-30) discussion in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; For more info on the Dixie Dash... follow the link below. I'm pretty sure I'll be there, as a co-worker ...
    EndlessRyd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1988 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: Chicago Meet -- August 28-30 -- Official thread -- Public Trans is horrible

For more info on the Dixie Dash... follow the link below. I'm pretty sure I'll be there, as a co-worker of mine at the auction is one of the organizers. Cadillacs made a nice showing last year.... only a week until mine comes out of storage!!!
    Mike

http://www.drivingthedixie.org/drivin_the_dixie_004.htm

dirt_cheap_fleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)

Do you have to pay to drive in it or only if you are having your car judged?

EndlessRyd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1988 Fleetwood Brougham

I know that there is a fee... but I think it was only like $10. Last year many towns had bags with coupons or gift certificates to local businesses. Every town you drive through, you get a passport stamp, and every stamp is an entry in a drawing for prises at the end. There is also a free lunch at the Steger Kmart parking lot paid for by the local bank. You also get a window cling for your car, and a packet with the history of Dixie Hwy.

I may have recruited another person for the track day. A friend that I work with may want to come. He has a '90 Civic hatchback that I am dying to race. He likes his imports but he is not some ricer retard, he actually knows his stuff.

kelmore is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS

Hey guys. I'm new on here, definitely a few steps behind...

Quote Originally Posted by dirt_cheap_fleetwood View Post
    Congrats on the new car. I hope you will be able to join us for the Chicago meet in August.
    ... but I'd like to catch up. So I'll be around, and hopefully I can make it up at the end of August

Rodya234 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1998 Seville STS / 2013 Chevrolet Impala

I may have recruited another person for the track day. A friend that I work with may want to come. He has a '90 Civic hatchback that I am dying to race. He likes his imports but he is not some ricer retard, he actually knows his stuff.
    There's a video on youtube of a C-body (4.9) Deville vs. a similar vintage Civic.Wasn't a devastating kill, but the Caddy had a couple car lengths.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v80cQZ94HDs&feature=related"]YouTube - cadillac vs. civic[/ame]

His Civic is not stock though. He swapped the motor from another Honda that has way more power than the stock one.

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

Still cool to see a big ole boxy sedan haulin' ass.

His Civic is not stock though. He swapped the motor from another Honda that has way more power than the stock one.
    Way more power then the stock 106hp? It better have more, or else your Brougham would be faster!

With that kind of car, I'm thinking, maybe the B16A2/A3 from a Del Sol? I know a guy who had one making about 210hp.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Quote Originally Posted by Rodya234 View Post
    There's a video on youtube of a C-body (4.9) Deville vs. a similar vintage Civic.Wasn't a devastating kill, but the Caddy had a couple car lengths.

YouTube - cadillac vs. civic
    That's a current generation Civic. 140hp 1.8L, and if it's the stick shift it's a 16.5-16.8 second car.
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

You know I know nothing about Hondas

eXile is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 White Diamond STS Z Rated

Quote Originally Posted by Rodya234 View Post
    You know I know nothing about Ricers
    Fixed.

nickc50310 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS

WHOA! Sorry on the post and disappear! HAHA! Nik- My name is actually Richard! HAHA! Richard Nicholas Carter, aka Dickie Nickie! BWAHAhAHAHAHA!

Good news though, it appears my boss has unblocked my access to the forum so I will be able to be on here when I get down time at work.

Also, I think my buddy Chris will be driving his DTS out. So, at this point I got two cars coming with me. My CTS and Chris' DTS. In my car will be me, my bro, and my GF. In Chris' will be Chris and his wife. Kind of doubt he would bring his kids.

Your brother doesn't want to bring his STS?

arivera is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood

Hey guys. Is there an agenda to what we are gonna be doing that weekend? I live in the city, so I can try to help out any way needed...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.