Cadillac Owners Forum banner
64K views 598 replies 47 participants last post by  N0DIH 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
There is now a signup thread:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/great-lakes/172496-chicago-meet-august-2009-signup.html
-JH

Since it appears we have reached a consensus on the date, I figured it would be a good idea to start a thread for the meet itself and organizing some of the logistics. I know Jimmy and Nick have offered to help get things organized, and I'm willing to help out where I can to get things moving. I've had a great time at the three meets I've attended (Des Moines 2007, Chicago 2008 and 2009), so I'm really looking forward to another road trip.

First off, here’s a list of people who’ve said they might be interested in coming. Feel free to add to this list:

Out-of-town drivers:

• Me (natch) and Hoover
  • Brian (90_Brougham_350) and possibly Ruthie
  • Chad
  • Tanner (Derrty_Deville)
  • Jesda
  • Kurt (KFX)
  • Gizmo
  • Rick (NightWolf)
  • Jim (TBJS)
  • Nick
  • Justin

Fly-in/Maybes:

• Tony (TTS)

Locals @ the winter meet:

• Nicki
  • JimmyH
  • JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)
  • Gary88
  • Kael

Other locals to invite:

• Elias (96 Fleetwood)
  • John (JRau)
  • Keith (AlBundy)
  • Larry (Ranger)
  • Tom (N0DIH)

If I’ve forgotten anybody, it’s not intentional. Just add yourself to the list.

As summer gets closer, it’d be a good idea to firm up who’s coming so we can make reservations for dinners/Sunday brunch/hotel/golf, etc. I know if may seem early, but this way anybody who needs to take vacation time can plan ahead.

See less See more
#490 ·
Yuck- the latest flight I can get out of O'Hare is at 6:30, and Jimmy recommended I get there 2 hours early- there's no way a 12:30 tee time will work. I'm guessing (conservatively) 4 hours to play the round for a foursome, then travel time (and of course food and a shower before jumping on a plane). I'm close to talking myself into coming, but that would kill it for me.

I don't expect you guys to plan your entire Sunday around me, but would a morning tee-time be doable? We normally play around 7:30-8:30 here in Florida, which is great because you still have a whole day when you're done.

#491 ·
I could do that. I'd rather have you make the trip and play golf Sunday morning than do the Sunday Brunch at Granite City (although if it's available into the early afternoon, we might still be able to do it afterward).

This is the itinerary I PMed you about yesterday:

I find Midway much more convenient than O'Hare. On my last two trips, I probably got to the airport about 90 minutes before my flight and had no problem getting through security in plenty of time.

According to Google Maps, it's ~20 miles and 30-40 minutes from Lemont (where Cog Hill is) to Midway. O'Hare is ~30 miles and 40 minutes. I'd be happy to play airport shuttle to Midway, since I'd be taking I-55 down to I-80 on my way out of town anyway.

Looks like both American and Southwest are nonstop and around the same fare. Do it!

#492 ·
Midway - the airport in a box!

I went to see the Red Sox win the WS in St. Louis in '04. But my American miles reward flight was scheduled to return on Saturday. I booked it like that in case there was a Game 5. I ended up having to book a flight on ATA out of Midway. Got there about an hour before the flight without issue. It is not quick to get to, though, as there is no major infrastructure connecting it to any Interstate or highway.

#498 ·
Dubsdread is only $150 now??? It was $250ish when I played it several years ago............

#499 ·
Just one week to go...

Anyone have a summary of the agenda they could post?

I see that Downers Grove's cruise night next Friday is themed as "Fins of the 50’s & 60’s Cars manufactured with horizontal & Vertical fins from 1950 through 1969" and features live music from Paul Avers Band (Country Contemporary)

#508 ·
Shopping around for rentals. The STS's electrical problems have been fixed (needed battery and alternator) but the shakes are back. Likely needs the tie rods done and new front tires.

Grand Cherokee looks like the best rental deal at $158+tax. Budget has a Town Car and STS for $258+tax. I might try to negotiate with Enterprise for a DTS since I've rented luxury cars, pickups, and box trucks from them before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.