Cadillac Owners Forum banner
64K views 598 replies 47 participants last post by  N0DIH 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
There is now a signup thread:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/great-lakes/172496-chicago-meet-august-2009-signup.html
-JH

Since it appears we have reached a consensus on the date, I figured it would be a good idea to start a thread for the meet itself and organizing some of the logistics. I know Jimmy and Nick have offered to help get things organized, and I'm willing to help out where I can to get things moving. I've had a great time at the three meets I've attended (Des Moines 2007, Chicago 2008 and 2009), so I'm really looking forward to another road trip.

First off, here’s a list of people who’ve said they might be interested in coming. Feel free to add to this list:

Out-of-town drivers:

• Me (natch) and Hoover
  • Brian (90_Brougham_350) and possibly Ruthie
  • Chad
  • Tanner (Derrty_Deville)
  • Jesda
  • Kurt (KFX)
  • Gizmo
  • Rick (NightWolf)
  • Jim (TBJS)
  • Nick
  • Justin

Fly-in/Maybes:

• Tony (TTS)

Locals @ the winter meet:

• Nicki
  • JimmyH
  • JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)
  • Gary88
  • Kael

Other locals to invite:

• Elias (96 Fleetwood)
  • John (JRau)
  • Keith (AlBundy)
  • Larry (Ranger)
  • Tom (N0DIH)

If I’ve forgotten anybody, it’s not intentional. Just add yourself to the list.

As summer gets closer, it’d be a good idea to firm up who’s coming so we can make reservations for dinners/Sunday brunch/hotel/golf, etc. I know if may seem early, but this way anybody who needs to take vacation time can plan ahead.

See less See more
#459 ·
I'm in. The course doesn't look too terribly scary; I've played some that are way past my skill level. I played a more challenging course a few weeks ago that kicked my ass and took close to a dozen balls, but I still managed to have a good time. And the course I played last Friday had a 545-yard par five that I was playing well until I got to the green and three putted. Don't know whether my decent or lousy game will show up in Chicago. Could be both on the same hole.

#462 ·
I was thinking we'd tee of between around 12:30 so there would be time for the brunch at Granite City nearby (Granite City opens at 10). If we can get a tee time around then, I think I could play 18 unless this is one of those crowded courses where play can be really slow on the weekend. I'm heading home after golf with my first stop in Des Moines about five hours away.

#467 ·
Anyone thought about crashing this party
August 29, 2009 - HP Performance Fall Brawl

The HP Performance Fall Brawl is two weeks away - August 29, 2009 from 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM. This will be an open house, tech session and judged car show by make. Adams Car Care Products is sponsoring the event and Adams Car Care Products will be given to the winners by automobile make (All sports car and sports sedan makes invited). Cars will be parked by like models in designated areas. I have reserved the front row for Exotics like we did last year.

For those individuals coming from WI, we will be meeting at the Iron Skillet and then taking I94 down and exiting on Town Line Road. We will be meeting at the Iron Skillet in-between 1:45 PM and 2:00 PM and then departing by 2:10 PM to get to HP Performance.

For those individuals coming from IL, it may be best to meet at HP Performance given that it is in Northern Illinois.

Currently, I am at 70 cars for this event. Please let me know if you going to attend by sending me an email to jmg853@gmail.com.

HP Performance is located at: 888 Tower Rd, Mundelein, IL

My goal is to get 200 cars at this event. I am trying to get more new CTS-V's there, so I hope some more of you decide to participate.

Best Regards,

JG853

#469 ·
If anyone wants some warmup/practice before the golf course... the driving range by my home (it is in Woodridge) is open till 10pm. I usually head there after work a couple times a week :thumbsup:

#470 ·
I might want to do that. I had an excellent game Friday on a little (and I do mean little) par-3 course. No slicing and four pars for a total of 11 over. Only one really crappy hole where I went four over. But my short game at least was in good shape.

#472 ·
Re: Chicago Meet (August 28-30) discussion GREAT LAKES DRAGWAY???

Okay, I need to know how much real interest there is in going to Great Lakes Dragway Saturday night.

I have called, left messages, even spoke to someone briefly (who said he would call me back but never did). Their website shows that the track is not open to the public that Saturday, but this guy Randy said don't worry about it, just come on by. So I don't know.

Their schedule shows open racing on Friday night, but any of you who know 294, know that getting there on a Friday evening is going to be like trying to get out of Rome during the exodus. Especially with 294 all ripped up right now.

So if there is alot of interest, I will pursue it further, maybe just physically go there and talk to them. Otherwise, I can try and set something else up for Saturday night. It's kind of take or leave it for me. I know most of you don't have cars built for drag racing anyway.

Everyone please weigh in.

#473 ·

Not a priority for me. Considering I have a 2,000-mile return trip; I'm not going to risk blowing something up. The Friday-night cruise-in in Downers Grove looks to have lots of nice cars to check out, and both John and Elias have said there's lots of good places to eat around there.

#476 ·

I highly doubt I will be heading down that way Friday night. Not that I dont want to hang out with you guys, but I deal with enough traffic all week.
No, I don't blame you. Just how long is your friggin' commute, anyway? It sounds godawful.

Mine is 23 miles, most of which is on a rural two-lane highway. Takes about 35 minutes unless I get stuck behind some pokey driver and there's no chance to pass.

#479 ·

The dragway is not very important to me either. The Brougham ran like a 17.3 when it was new. Running it now would be nothing but embarrassment.

#484 ·
Well, turns out I have to work at 5:30 on Saturday. My retard manager FUBARed my schedule to the max. I will still be going to all the activities on Thursday and Friday and will be at Volo on Saturday, but no partying Sat. night. I have also been toying around the idea of going golfing with you all on Sunday. I have never golfed before, but what the heck, first time for everything. If I remember right you only have 3 people anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.