Cadillac Owners Forum banner
22K views 196 replies 20 participants last post by  CadillacGurl 
#1 ·
Are any of you up for doing an auto show/get together weekend this year. I know Nick is planning on having the Midwest meet here this year so you may not want to drive here twice but I think it would be fun if we could get together more than once a year. I never made it last year because of work but if we get something together within the next few weeks I could make it. Let me know what you all think.

#105 ·
Here's the special appearances on Sunday, the 15th.

10 a.m.-10 p.m. Vote for Best of Show
11 a.m.-Noon Travis Pastrana, X-Games Gold Medalist and 3-time Rally America Champion
Noon-5 p.m. B96 - Nikki
2-3 p.m. Travis Pastrana, X-Games Gold Medalist and 3-time Rally America Champion
2-4 p.m. Chicago Blackhawks - Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews
4-6 p.m. Sports Central

#108 ·
Well, since you and possibly Jimmy or Gary are going to be the only ones actually driving your Caddies we are taking your car for a joy ride. :)

#110 ·
Sounds good Nicki, thanks for typing that out.

#111 ·
OK edit time!!
Friday: Everyone comes in and gets situated

Saturday
Morning: Dealership hopping on Ogden Avenune
Breakfast at Omega
Take Metra downtown (I assume we're going out of Downers Grove Main so it's $4.30 one way)
Afternoon consists of sight seeing
**I will be working until 6PM so the end of the tour will be Water Tower Place at Coach. We have Men's wallets and belts. Just give me a heads up if you like something, it's 50% discount and I will have to pay for w/e you get so cash would be nice :)**
Evening plans of Dinner at Giordano's on Rush Street (Behind the Tiffany's)
Catch train back to suburbs (we can go to Downers Grove Main since that's where my car is, another $4.30)

Sunday
Autoshow (no set time and where to meet)
**I personally will arrive there between 2-4 since I am getting Blackhawks autographs for my brother.

#113 ·
Are Friday plans up in the air then or would we all like to do something such as Portillos? The is also an Ed Devics in Yorktown if anyone wanted that instead. I really would like to do something that night since I will not be able to join you all on Saturday afternoon/evening or Sunday.

#115 ·
You guys can, I'm working 4PM-8PM on Friday. Sorry, I can always meet up with you guys later on. Could drink or something at my place *Just depends if my parents are coming in or not*

#116 ·
WOOOO!!!! Kegger at Nicki's!!!! I'll bring the Jagermeister!

#117 ·
I thought Giordano's was being done Saturday night downtown. ^ I just got a nice bottle of Southern Comfort for my birthday last night. :)

#118 ·
The kegger is Friday, Giordano's is Saturday. :)

#121 ·
^ Damn dude, that's like a 6 hour drive. Chad or Tanner, any idea when you two will be arriving?

#123 · (Edited)
:bighead:
SIX HOURS???? Not even in a blizzard does it take me that long. On a good day, I do it in 4. On a bad day, its still less than 5. I take I70 to I57 cause its better and faster to downtown; I only take I55 if I'm going to the southwestern suburbs.

#179 ·
I told you guys I wouldn't show if it snowed. BTW Gary, where do you get your forecasts - the Farmers Almanac?
Current forecast:

Attachments

#130 ·
A ride in your FWB Elias would be divine! :cloud9:

#133 ·
If you take the Orange line in I bet the guys would meet up with you. Also I can leave one of the guys my keys to my apartment so you can drop off your stuff.

#136 ·
Friday is a no go for me, my flight does not get into Midway till 7pm.

Saturday is Valentine's day... so I will be busy :yup:

and I just found out I might have to switch calls with someone on Sunday :( But we will play it by ear.

#137 ·
No problem! I have to go to work today and make sure it's ok I switch shifts with a friend of mine on Friday. We'll see how that goes.:bouncy:

#140 ·
Tanner and I are leaving around 7:30-8:30 Friday morning, so we'll be down anytime between 2 and 4 probably. I'll notify everyone once arrived. Who's gonna be free then? I'd like to get settled at the hotel, drop our stuff off then head out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.