Cadillac Owners Forum banner
23K views 196 replies 20 participants last post by  CadillacGurl 
#1 ·
Are any of you up for doing an auto show/get together weekend this year. I know Nick is planning on having the Midwest meet here this year so you may not want to drive here twice but I think it would be fun if we could get together more than once a year. I never made it last year because of work but if we get something together within the next few weeks I could make it. Let me know what you all think.

#66 ·
I tried to send JRau a PM but his inbox is full.

I will also be able to make it all three days. My grandfather passed away last night in his sleep. He was getting so bad he couldn't even walk himself to the bathroom anymore, so it was his time to go. I'll be off and on for the next week or so here so I'll check back when everything is done with.

#68 ·
I will also be able to make it all three days. My grandfather passed away last night in his sleep. He was getting so bad he couldn't even walk himself to the bathroom anymore, so it was his time to go.
Sorry to hear that, but it sounds like at least he's not suffering any more.

It's been nearly 25 years since my grandfather died, and I still miss him.

#67 ·
Well, like my grandpa, his time had come. God bless.

I just emailed JRau. He'll get back to me soon.

#69 ·
Last year was so fun that there are really only two different things I'd like to do this year:

Go to the Sears Tower (the Hancock was great, and the view was beautiful, but the Sears IS about 300 feet taller.
Go to a Rolls Royce dealer (we did the Porsche, Bentley, Ferrari and Lamborghini dealers last year, lets go for the last one!)

#70 ·
So I have Friday the thirteenth off, so Tanner and I will be coming down in his '93 Coupe deVille. I drove the Mercedes last year, now it's his turn. See you all there!!

#71 ·
My brother will be in Vegas and neither of my roommates are coming. So, I'll be coming up alone with the Seville.

I'll be booking two hotel rooms for me, Chad, Tanner, and Gary. I am a deep, loud snorer, so we might need to work out an arrangement where Chad, Tanner, and Gary get two beds + foldout and I get my own room, and of course you guys would end up paying less.

#73 ·
Jesda, any idea what hotel you are going to be staying in?

#76 ·
I know the sales managers at Luxury Motors-Downers Grove (Kyle Khalil and Ray Omran)... and I met Joe Abbas (the owner of all the LM dealerships) when I was test driving a '97 840ci they had a couple months ago. ;)

#77 ·
That could be fun to go test drive some used exotics. Is that possible?

Pics from last year:

Chicago meet recap/pictures. 56k be very, very afraid.

BTW Continental Auto Sports a pair of 599 GTBs in stock :drool:

My goal for this year is to try and get a salesman to let me start up at least one exotic supercar (worth a try, heh).
I got the Ferrari stuff last year, now I want some Lamborghini apparel. :drool:

Oh, BTW, there's a new Bentley dealer up near my place. I think I should go see if they're all stuck up pricks too! LOL!

#78 ·
:sunuvabitch:

I was trying to see if any of the SHO guys would go on the following weekend. They're mostly going this weekend as well. I was hoping someone would do the following weekend. I've got work and an all night rally in VT with my brother on the 14/15th.

I've got $260 in credit with Midwest from a trip to Texas I canceled on last year. But I need to use it by April or it's gone. Airfare would've been $0 for me...

#79 ·
Come on down Jim, it'd be nice to meet you!

#81 ·
Yeah that'd work for me. Chicago driving was a nightmare. Does that train lead to Midway Airport for Gary too?

#83 ·
Yep, orange line runs to Midway and can take you right down into the loop. If you want to put your bags somewhere though, we can arrange for someone to pick you up at the airport first, then we'll convoy to a train station and go downtown. Ride there takes around 45 minutes. In fact, the Sears Tower is just a block down the street after you get out of Union Station.

#84 ·
What do you all want to do on Saturday? You could probably hit the Sears Tower in the morning. I know it sounds boring but the Museum of Science and Industry is a blast. It is probably the coolest museum I have ever been to. If you did want to do that in the afternoon I could pick up gdwriter on the way there as I would drive. I have no interest in the Sears Tower (its the type of thing you only do once) and I can park at the museum for free. I would join you for dinner but would not stay in the city very late unless I decide to crash at my aunt's condo on Logan Blvd. that night.

#85 ·
I know it sounds boring but the Museum of Science and Industry is a blast. It is probably the coolest museum I have ever been to. If you did want to do that in the afternoon I could pick up gdwriter on the way there as I would drive.
I remember the Museum of Science and Industry from a trip I made in 1997, and I loved it. I would definitely be up for checking that out again. If you guys want to do the Sears in the morning, that's OK with me.

Yep, orange line runs to Midway and can take you right down into the loop. If you want to put your bags somewhere though, we can arrange for someone to pick you up at the airport first, then we'll convoy to a train station and go downtown. Ride there takes around 45 minutes. In fact, the Sears Tower is just a block down the street after you get out of Union Station.
If we end up doing Sears in the afternoon, then, yes, I'd appreciate a pickup at the airport to put my bags in a trunk before taking the train downtown. I'm flexible.

#88 ·
I would like to go to all the hot car dealers on Ogden sometime Saturday morning, and if we get to the Bentley dealer between 9 and 10 AM, Nicki told us we can go see her place and dogs. She lives right behind that Bentley dealer on Ogden. Nicki said she'd take us to breakfast at a place called Omega. So perhaps we could do that then go to the Sears and Museum of Science and Industry in the afternoon then Giordano's for dinner?

And we should do that Billy Goat grille or whatever it's called on Friday night, if possible.

#91 ·
Nicki said she'd take us to breakfast at a place called Omega.

And we should do that Billy Goat grille or whatever it's called on Friday night, if possible.
Omega is freakin' awesome! They have a meal there called the Hobo Skillet. It is a skillet full of hash browns (a good half pound) covered in 4 kinds of melted cheese served with a side of pancakes. It is to die for.

The Billy Goat is in the city. I don't know if you are planning on going there for the evening or not. However, a place called The Patio was thrown around and that is on Rt. 83 which runs right by the Downers Grove area. I would assume you are staying in the western burbs somewhere especially if you want to hit the dealers Sat. morning. Jesda needs to make reservations. Only one and a half weeks left.

#94 ·
Finally I have time to get my behind on the forum! I'm all for taking the Metra (I have a monthly pass woot!) and the El (love my U-Pass). Day passes I believe are still $5 so we can take you around, pass Wrigley Field and US Cellular (boo Soxs!). If you need a place to stash your bag Gary we can throw them in my apartment downtown (I can give you guys a tour). Also I have my mom's mini van so if we go back out to the burbs to Giordano's or Portillo's I can take some of you guys.

I do not know if Jason is coming, last I heard he might drive out but we shall see.

I know the Hobo Skillet, that is my mom's favorite :) I personally like the mickey mouse pancakes but they wouldn't give them to me since I'm not under 13 grrr.

#95 ·
I wouldn't mind gettin' high with Nicki........and seeing her apartment! (it's a high rise for those not "in the know") :D :)

#97 ·
Oh, wise hotel choice. You will be about 3 miles from my house and about 1.5 miles from where I work. You can come visit me there (see below).

Bad News: Apparently Wal-Mart decided that it is too busy of a weekend for me to have off. :( My schedule is as follows: Friday - 10:30-7:30. Saturday - 3:30-10:30. Sunday - 3:30-8:00.

That being said I will meet up with you on Friday night and Saturday morning. I am trying vigilantly to at least get Sunday off. Gary, there is a Portillo's on Butterfield Road right near I-355. It is about 2.5 miles from the hotel where everyone is staying. For Friday night would you all want to eat there and then head somewhere, maybe a bowling ally? If you can't tell I haven't been bowling in a while and I really want to go. I may miss eating dinner with you guys because of how late I am working that night.

Saturday I am assuming you are still eating at Omega and visiting some dealerships. I can do that much with you and then drive you all to the train station but that is as far as I go that day. I am driving the Isuzu currently but if need be I can borrow my Dad's full size van. He got a new one (2000) so its not the crappy green screaming metal death trap you all saw at the Midwest meet. Sunday is still up in the air. I may also catch a horrible disease on that day. :)

#98 ·
I know the Portillo's on Butterfield, it's 2 minutes from my house in Downers. I am scheduled to work 2PM-6PM on Saturday but I might see if someone can take my shift, people owe me a shitload. I have a mini van so driving people around is not a problem (plus I have a navigation system just in case). Btw, did we want to go to Girodano's downtown or in the burbs? Just so I can make a reservation this time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.