Cadillac Owners Forum banner
22K views 196 replies 20 participants last post by  CadillacGurl 
#1 ·
Are any of you up for doing an auto show/get together weekend this year. I know Nick is planning on having the Midwest meet here this year so you may not want to drive here twice but I think it would be fun if we could get together more than once a year. I never made it last year because of work but if we get something together within the next few weeks I could make it. Let me know what you all think.

#144 ·
I am scheduled until 7:30 on Friday but am pretty sure I can get out by 6. While waiting you can come visit me at Wal-Mart. :) It is about a mile North on Rt.53 from your hotel and I usually am not doing much anyway. My phone is off when I am working so you will have to leave me a message. I'll call you when I get off.

I'll let you guys know now that the area right around the hotel is pretty hairy traffic wise. It is right next to I-88 and they have been doing some pretty serious construction for the last year (Chad can watch the machines out the window :p). It sucks massively around rush hour. I will also let you know you CANNOT exit from Eastbound I-88 to Rt.53. You will have to get off at Naperville road and take Warrenville road to the hotel. I just checked Google maps and it knows this so you should be fine.

#151 ·
Count me in for dinner at Giordano's Saturday night.

Is there a station downtown that's served by both Metra and the Orange Line from Midway where I could meet up with everybody? My flight is scheduled to arrive at 1:45 p.m., and it looks like about 30 minutes from Midway to downtown.

Or, if somebody is driving, I could be picked up at the curb.

#148 ·
Gary, you can take I-355 to I-88 to get to their hotel if you are coming from Lemont or downtown. The exit of Rt.53 and I-88 allows you to get on only heading east and get off only heading west, so going into or coming out of the city. When Chad and Tanner arrive, if they take I-88, they will have to get off somewhere before Rt.53.

#156 ·
No thanks.

#157 · (Edited)
Okay I really need to ride in someone's Caddy this weekend, preferably and older one like Tanner's. I was bored today and pulled the cover off my car and sat in it for about 10 minutes and it made me really angry that I can't drive it. Right now I am looking at two cars to replace my truck after winter. A '93 FWB that a friend of Elias owns and I just found a really nice '90 Brougham with a 350 and 68K miles on Craigslist for $3500.

#159 ·
Have a great time everyone, I really wish I could be there. I owe several of you beer or two, Gary, Dirt Cheap; and Chad, I think you're up to about a keg by now. I'll see you all come spring, or whenever Nick gets the midwest meet together. Wish I could go, but have fun!!!!!!

Brian

#162 ·
Thanks, Tanner. PM me you cell phone number or have Chad text it to me (he has mine).

I don't mind taking the train downtown if that's more convenient for everybody. Looks like it will be about 30 minutes from Midway to Randolph & Wabash. I can call or text Chad once I'm on the train and headed downtown. What's the address on Randolph and the name of the building?

Since my flight arrives at 1:45 (and Southwest is usually on time), you all should plan on taking the 12:49 train.

Let me know one way or another. Looking forward to it. Last year was a blast.

#164 ·
About taking the train, I have to take the 11:47 train out of Downers for work. So if you guys don't mind leaving early I would appreciate it. Also that will give me time to show you guys where my apartment is and where I work.

#166 ·
I won't be with you for dinner on Saturday because I have to close. Since you have to leave early for work what time were we planning on going to Omega Saturday morning?

#172 ·
#170 ·
^ Wow. Ford has a much smaller area than normal. Usually they also have the space that is occupied by VW this year. It used to be that all the domestic cars were on the same side were Ford and Chrysler are and most of the foreign cars (with the exception of Honda and Toyota because of their size) were where GM is now. I guess too many people were staying on one side of the show and ignoring all the smaller manufacturers so they switched stuff up a bit.

#176 · (Edited)
Bill Kay Chevrolet is closer to the hotel than the one in Naperville I pass it quite often and marvel at the row of Corvettes outside. Naperville is the wrong direction from the city and is about 6-10 miles out of the way. Bill Kay is right where I-355 crosses over Ogden Ave near the Lisle Post Office and the evil Lockformer company.

Chad, Tanner, Gary, and Kael, I may get stuck at work until 7:30 like I was originally scheduled because someone called in. At best I will be out around 6:30, I will just have to play it by ear. If you guys have already eaten by the time I get out I will just stop somewhere on the way to meet you and grab a bite to eat. See y'all tomorrow.

#178 ·
alright. since i will be doing some valentines things all day saturday..

what is the plan for going to the show on sunday?

if someone could give me a call and let me know
630-728-7009

I would appreciate it since I want to see you guys (never met the girl)
again.

OH!!
forgot to mention. the camaro booth at chicago.
has a LIFE sized bumble bee. sooo cool
(press pass friend)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.