Cadillac Owners Forum banner
22K views 196 replies 20 participants last post by  CadillacGurl 
#1 ·
Are any of you up for doing an auto show/get together weekend this year. I know Nick is planning on having the Midwest meet here this year so you may not want to drive here twice but I think it would be fun if we could get together more than once a year. I never made it last year because of work but if we get something together within the next few weeks I could make it. Let me know what you all think.

#4 ·
That sounds like something I'd be down for. Lemme talk to Brian and Tanner and see what we can come up with.

Can we do a Friday night-Sunday sort of thing? My schedule is much easier nowadays, I now have Saturdays off.

#5 ·
Can we do a Friday night-Sunday sort of thing? My schedule is much easier nowadays, I now have Saturdays off.
I believe that is what you all did last year and it sounded like it worked well. Drive out Friday and get some food/do some sightseeing. We could go to the Auto Show on Saturday (will be very crowded though) and do something else that night and then have breakfast Sunday morning and you all could drive back home.

What would you all like to do on Friday/Saturday night? Chicago in the winter sucks and the city pretty much shuts down by 8pm. There is not much night life down town.

#6 ·
Last year we got pizza downtown, so that works. Give me something chicago style and in a dish as deep as Lake Michigan.

#8 · (Edited)
^ Gary, both you and I are under drinking age.

Where did you want to go for pizza? Around here we have a place called Aurelios that is, IMO, even better than Giordanos. Would any of you be up for something as casual as going bowling afterward? There are also Giordanos all over the area if you did want to go to one it does not have to be downtown. Personally I avoid the city whenever possible. I am just more at home in the burbs. We can do city stuff on Saturday and maybe just hang out Friday night. Everything is cheaper (food, lodging, gas) out here anyway and it really is not bad heading into/out of the city on a Saturday. There is also a great hookah bar here in Lisle, if any of you would be up for it. :)

Just some food for thought. Keep the suggestions coming on what else you would all want to do. Also, it is running the 13-22 this year. Which weekend would you like to set this up for, the 13-15 or the 20-22?

#16 ·
^ Gary, both you and I are under drinking age.
I've attained regular status without drinking there :alchi: You're not a true Chicagoan until you've had a double cheezborger :yup:

I think the 13th-15th would be the ideal date. Hopefully I won't be burdened with midterms.

I'd also reccomend The Patio on Rt. 83 as a place to eat, possibly on Friday the 13th :)eek:). The ribs are a little pricey but oh so worth it. (Here's the menu)

And if anyone would be willing to go to Lincoln Park anytime before 9pm, there's an unbelievable family run sandwich shop right on my campus called Brankos that makes the best grilled chicken sandwich you'll ever eat.

#9 ·
I ain't comin if its snowin

#15 ·
Can we entice AB to come out with us?
I am assuming you mean AlBundy, in which case I already sent him a PM.

Rodya, I am sure one of us will be able to tote you around for the weekend. Someone is gonna have to go to Midway or O'hare to pick up gdwriter anyway. The only clause is if its me you will be riding in my POS winter truck, which is very far from what us Caddy people are used to. :)

How does the first weekend sound, the 13-15? If we have it the second weekend you all will be having to drive here in a month again anyway for the Midwest meet unless Nick is having it a little later in the year this time. It was just a little chilly and windy last year. :yup:

#13 ·
Sorry guys but I dont think Ill be able to make this one since I am going to Florida a week or two before that.

See you all in April when Im cuttin donoughts on Jimmy's lawn in my CTS! :shhh:

#14 ·
Well, depending on what day(s) you guys plan on going I may be able to come, if my school/life schedules are willing.

M next obstacle would be if I can get a ride or not :thepan:. ( I can't drive by myself until early summer :() A clean shot up I-57 would get me there in a minute, but if I have to take the CTA I would need to leave...now. :bouncy:

#23 ·
I'm in. We got Giordano's all around here. Also I can take out the over 21+ crowd for some drinks. The Patio :drool: I haven't been there in over a year and I can agree with the ribs... soooo good! I'll have to call off work if it's a weekend since it's kinda mandatory for me to work weekends. You guys gonna do a dealership ride again on Ogden Avenue? Let me know since I can probably take the train out to mi casa out in Downers.

#24 ·
This sounds like quite the turnout (LUNDQUIST YOU NEED TO GO! MAKE IT A FAMILY EVENT!!!!). I sure hope I'll be able to swing it, but I don't see why not.

#27 ·
Works for me. :yup:

#28 ·
Oy, it be official. Time to cash in on my paid time off!

gdwriter, get those plane tickets fast before the price of fuel goes back up. We can start working plans around when everyone is arriving/departing from the far reaches of the country.

#30 ·
I'll never understand how airfares work. Checked again a while later, and the fares had changed. So I got my tickets for $317 round trip. Not the great bargain I got last year, but still not bad.

Arriving at Chicago Midway @ 1:45 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 14 on Southwest 2201 from Portland. Leave @ 3:50 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 15. I can always take the CTA back to Midway if everybody wants to stay longer at the auto show.

Jesda, are you coming? Can you and Shatner get another smokin' hotel deal?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.