Looking for custom exhaust work
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Great Lakes Discussion, Looking for custom exhaust work in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; Hi, I've got a '76 Eldorado, I'm looking for a shop to do some custom exhaust work. Specifically, I want ...
    intragration is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1970 Coupe DeVille, 2002 Eldorado Collector Series

Looking for custom exhaust work

Hi, I've got a '76 Eldorado, I'm looking for a shop to do some custom exhaust work. Specifically, I want the cat cut off, a nice smooth y-pipe put on, and stock layout from that point back, in 2.5" with a Flowmaster 50 and a glass-pack-type unit in place of the resonator. Looking for better flow, quiet but nice sound, and stock-from-the-road appearance. I'd also entertain a true dual setup, but I don't think that it's possible without getting too close to the gas tank on the left side.

Anyone know of a reputable custom shop in the Northwest suburbs that could help me out? I've tried one of the more notable shops, but they don't ever seem to have time for me...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Mrjb9475 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Looking for custom exhaust work

i have dual exhaust on my '75 eldo and it works well more power and sounds good (not load) it cost $300 here in detroit mtscadparts has a pre made system for $495 you can go to there website and see what it looks like i hope this helps

dirt_cheap_fleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)

Re: Looking for custom exhaust work

Any shop can do it. Merlin and Midas both do great exhaust work. The labor is cheap but the parts are where they get ya, so buy them yourself if at all possible. When I had to get the exhaust done on the '88 I bought the center pipe for $44 at Autozone and the shop wanted $450 for the same exact part. Labor on the job was only about $100 though.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.